Posts created by jam_143_dm

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 10, 12 10:08 PM
Rico-- If you exit out of the level before you finish it, your previous status remains. Despite the warning message, your new score/status only replaces the previous when you complete the level. (yeah, that's two ways of saying the same thing... been a long day!)
JM

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 7, 12 4:41 AM
Does anyone know what the voice says each time you collect an artifact? I've wondered this for all three games now, and I can't figure it out. It sounds like "fence" or "fems" but it doesn't sound like English. Thoughts/Opinions?

JM

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 6, 12 2:08 PM
Tatajojo, you're being too hard on yourself! If the game were easy, it wouldn't be much fun and there would be no reason to have this great forum! Level 14 in hard mode is beating me up, too, and I don't think there's such a thing as a "middle-aged moment," it's just hard... ugh!

For most of the levels there are multiple solutions, and even given step-by-step instructions, it can still be a challenge. For example, I couldn't get past level 13 in hard mode even with all the great advice and instructions until you posted your solution!

All that said... Someone help us! We're stumped!

JM

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 10:27 PM
I think only one gate is open at a time, and the last one stays open because that's where the last level is played. I think that if you went back and played an earlier level, that gate would be open when you complete that level.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 8:52 PM
"The drums are..." not on level 39. The cymbals appear behind the goat farm.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 8:21 PM
I've only played this level in normal mode, but I think the key to the level is water. I upgraded the sawmill to max, then upgraded the well once before adding another worker. I upgraded the well to max, then repaired and upgraded the apiary to max because you'll need honey both to clear the paths of bees and to buy crystals. Get to the quarry for stone to build the totems, to the farm for grain for the cow, then max out the dairy farm for milk to buy crystals. Lightning will destroy the well a couple of times, so repair it asap. After the totems are built, you can stop collecting stone, and after the buildings are maxed, you can stop collecting wood. Just keep the apiary, grain farm and dairy farm going with water/grain, and keep buying crystals until you reach 7. HTH

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 8:00 PM
On the 10/20/30/40 levels, the rune is a single colored stone embedded in rock. You need to clear a path to it and then chop at it 3 times to release it.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 7:57 PM
On level 37 -- It seems to consistently appear in the far upper left corner, and it shows up as soon as you light one of the little fires on the way to the cocooned worker up there.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 7:31 PM
On level 34 -- I found it once down on the right below and just to the left of the fishing hut, and I found it twice just to the right of the rail station.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 4:54 PM
I didn't experience that... although the little bugger will run back and forth between the buttons if you click on any other tasks during the process. But as long as they are on the buttons at the same time, the buttons sink and the gate opens.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Jan 2, 12 4:50 PM
I noticed that once I got a silver "well done" for the jewels --on any level-- I kept getting the silver "well done" for the jewels on every level after that no matter what. It seems to be a glitch. When I close the game and restart it, then it goes back to gold when I play a level again, but will get stuck again on silver if I don't get all the jewels on a single level.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 30, 11 8:01 PM
After you give him the wood, he starts mixing potions. He's kind of fun to watch because he mixes potions until one blows up in his face, then he will ask for more supplies of a different kind. He'll mix some more, blow up again, ask for something else. He does this about 4 times before he does a quick little "Eureka" move and then a worker runs over to the "factory" in the top left corner. Then you'll need to provide a worker and supplies to the factory area 4 times (10 wood, 10 stone, 10 wood, 10 wood - if I remember right) until the funicular is built. Good luck!

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 30, 11 4:18 PM
The funicular is the rope-tram thing that you have to build after giving the shaman his supplies. I think "funicular" is a word that didn't make the translation very well...

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 30, 11 2:47 AM
That level kicked my **** for days, too. I started by gathering enough water to work my way to the sawmill. I didn't upgrade the water well early (even though you can), and I saved the extra wood to build the bridge to the quarry while I was waiting for the sawmill to make enough wood to upgrade. I eventually upgraded the quarry and the sawmill to max and just kept buying flowers each time they produced a batch. I think I ended up ignoring the merchant selling flowers for grain and only built the grain farm to get enough to move the boar in front of the shaman.

Good luck.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 28, 11 9:31 PM
It's a known bug, but the workaround is to play Level 40 (defeat the Sorcerer) again. Someone mentioned it on another post, and it worked for me. JM

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 28, 11 3:52 PM
This is by no means a complete list, but I took a few notes...

Level 7 has 7 fires to extinguish.
Level 15 - you can buy as many clothes as you have time for.
Level 35 has 6 totems and 7 porcupines.
Level 38 - you can buy as many flowers as you have time for.
Level 40 - you can buy as many crystals as you have time for.

Hope this helps. JM

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 28, 11 3:47 PM
The buttons have to be stepped on at the same time. Be sure that you don't have any tasks lined up for your two workers and then click on each button. HTH.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 28, 11 3:44 PM
Light the fire closest to it and scare it away.

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 27, 11 11:28 PM
My strategy is to get to the sawmill, upgrade it to max while you gather supplies in all the directions you can, upgrade the camp and thaw out the third worker. From that point on, buy water continuously to keep the farms supplied. Good luck!

posted in Island Tribe 3 on Dec 27, 11 11:16 PM
My strategy is to gather enough wood (4) to build the bridge behind the camp so you can get to the sawmill. Upgrade the sawmill to max, then upgrade the camp to max, and keep building until you have all the supply posts (stone, water, etc.) up to full capacity. Throw the ropes to the balloon landings as you have time, and just keep your workers moving. Good luck!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator