Posts created by Buzz999

posted in Mall-a-Palooza on Jan 11, 12 9:54 PM
Not sure where that was, but having the first of any store gives an extra star. So if you have some flexibility - upgrade those first. Also - red star strip in front of store is 'premium' - extra star. I'm not sure if you get the extra star after you purchase a 'first' store, but you do get premium if you purchase a premium location. (By purchase, I mean already built stores - not empty stalls)

I check out competition in mid stages of mall, and try to build any remaining 'first' stores.

glw

posted in Mall-a-Palooza on Jan 11, 12 9:43 PM
I had the same first reaction - how do you build them? But then I realized, they were tucked away on the side of the mall. They are smaller sites exclusively for food court. Click on those and you'll be able to build them.

glw

posted in Azada: In Libro on Jan 8, 12 12:57 PM
Many posts have noted a problem here. I'm not there yet (I like this game), but I'm curious if it can be worked out. Don't tell me the solution, but let me know if it's a glitch or not.

PS - It seems that some players have 'finished' the game, so it must be workable.

thanks, glw

posted in Azada: In Libro on Jan 8, 12 12:53 PM
I flipped the benches up and down with the 'hand' icon. One of the sequences worked. Look for movement of the metal pegs.

glw

posted in Azada: In Libro on Jan 8, 12 12:51 PM
It seems it's a peice of metal you rip off a door; not wood for the 2nd step (or perhaps in any order).

glw

posted in Azada: In Libro on Jan 8, 12 12:45 PM
Thanks for this,

I, too, am looking for adventure/inventory, non-HOG. I'll look into your suggestions.

glw

posted in Fashionista on Jan 3, 12 8:16 PM
Good thing I checked the forum - I ain't gonna bite this one.

thanks folks,
glw

posted in The Island: Castaway on Jan 2, 12 4:58 PM
Interesting... I've been (I think) through all caves - no dice. But Hey !! Snakes eventually turn out to be revenue (CACHING). Just upgrade your bow, build 50-100 arrows and shoot! Make sure you stand about two inches away from any snake (cause one bite destroys you), then shoot them all. Collect at leisure. Huge payoff. The upgrade takes one shot per snake. I can usually snag between 30-50 snakes per hunt.

I'll check the caves again.

glw

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Jan 2, 12 1:38 AM
The sanctuary is not really a playable site. It only has one function at the end, and that is visible when you get to it. Clouds are not a factor.

glw

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Jan 2, 12 1:32 AM
It's not really used by anyone -- it just shows up in the final product. You don't have to carry it or anything. Take the other supplies to the bench - it's an automatic build (but maybe you have to choose that selection)

glw

posted in Azada ™ on Jan 1, 12 1:31 PM
It's a bit sneaky. The 1st coordinate is the EW, the second is the NS.

So move over Right/Left to approx, then up/down.

Might be some variation; but there are not two coordinates - just one (with two details) I think I just clicked once at the end - and it worked.

posted in Buried in Time on Dec 31, 11 3:04 PM
If you've read through the BIT forum, you'll notice a lot of completion (game design) problems. If you're going to play this game (to the end) - I think you will need to keep staff small, upgrade only through practice and save tent upgrades for the end. Otherwise - sequence problems make game impossible to finish.

- others have noted that you'll need four of each level-six skill (primary or secondary) to complete the scenario. To catch all grants, you will need higher levels (but not necessary for game completion?)

glw

posted in Buried in Time on Dec 31, 11 2:27 PM
2011 (Dec 31) - don't know if anyone's still playing this game, but Yup! Sequence problem in design. I assume that after several hours a few new objects might show up which allow for advance of that last skill needed.

So I went for a long coffee, came back - no dice. I could leave it for a few more hours, but that begs the question - why even play? I'm sure we have all scoured the map over twice with 10 level surveyors - red in all areas. But an occaisional find seems to occur. I have managed to make it through a few stalls, but this last one may take too many hours.

If anyone wants to start fresh, I assume the best strategy is to keep staff low, upgrade only through practice, and save the tent upgrades for last.

Otherwise a not-bad game.

glw

posted in Rock Tour on Dec 28, 11 12:29 PM
A great game, but only three missions? That really limits playability.

I know they get harder as the level goes up, but they're hard enough as it is. How about some variety.

For example - continue a mission that has achieved whichever of the three goals (let's say 1,000,000 cash) and let that established band attempt a new goal. Starting from scratch everytime is annoying.

These ideas might be lame, but they're a start: (each by a specific date)
- play a selected 10 states
- get a certain number of fans in (each of) a selected 10 states
- play 10 venues of over 500 people
- play any continuous line of states coast to coast
- increase fans by a certain percent
- get concert performance (on results display) to a certain number of stars
- put two albums out in the same week
- write a five star song
- get a five star skilled performer

Otherwise - great game - great music
(and the previous posts have great ideas too)

posted in Rock Tour on Dec 28, 11 12:04 PM
Great Game !!!! -- OK

first - I noticed most things get done waaaay quicker when the band is totally relaxed. Practicing new songs, writing or improving skills: It pays to relax them totally and then apply short-term efforts.

It seems that higher skills makes practicing new songs faster. So try to get skill level up, especially for slower learners.

In another thread I mentioned my albums don't seem to need power songs???

Generally a good mix of tour/album sales makes more money than too much focus on one or the other. Staying close to home helps - bigger fan base, less travel/stress.

But I can't seem to get X number of fans in city Y. And I've tried all the tricks I can. Any advice?

Now for some quick questions:
- are the promotions of throwing CD's redundant (one in shop and one on venue)
- do you need BIG coverage to get X fans in Y city (like national web or TV ads)
- does more fans mean more album sales
- does spending more on promotion than required to sell out a venue actually result in more fans - especially when trying to reach that elusive target city

thanks

posted in Rock Tour on Dec 28, 11 11:40 AM
In response to power songs - random; the only way to increase chance is to write more songs.

But !!! - I'm not sure if it's a glitch on my download or not, but I don't need a power song on albums??? Of course my first album uses the given power song, but subsequent albums don't need them. I use them if they come up, but I've often got two or three albums with no power songs, that seem to sell fine.

Is this general for anyone else?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator