Posts created by GoddessOdd

posted in My Singing Monsters on Apr 23, 14 5:43 PM
thanks... I have engraved it on stone, but hopefully will never need to try again... I've lost a total of 50 some levels!

posted in My Singing Monsters on Apr 21, 14 8:29 PM
I have lost MSM three times and had to start over after reinstalling my OS. I would love to be able to save my progress. Yesterday, when I signed on, I got this message while waiting to load... something about "be sure to keep your BBB ID code in a safe place to help us restore lost progress" or something to that effect. Where do I find my BBB ID?

posted in The Cross Formula on Feb 16, 12 8:25 PM
I loved the retro vibe on this game, and enjoyed a great many of its parts, but found a lot not to like as well. I had problems with the hint system. Hints are supposed to be helpful, and move the player along when stuck. These hints were remarkably unhelpful, stating the obvious, and that was all. Telling me to "FIND THE PIECES" when I have already found 90% of them is not helpful, only frustrating. The mini games might have been fun, but it grew too tedious trying to figure out what was wanted... most games have a query feature that allows the player to see the rules and object of the mini games, and the Cross Formula would have been a lot more fun with that addition. I also found that I wanted to zoom in on things that I couldn't see very well. All in all, the game had tremendous potential, but didn't really live up to it.

posted in Film Fatale: Lights, Camera, Madness! on Feb 16, 12 7:30 PM
Seems a lot of folks really liked this game, but it did nothing for me. From the options, which didn't seem to work that well (I tried to ditch the clunky cursor, but after clicking repeatedly on the cursor button, nothing seemed to change. Even the buttons were a little confusing... is "ON" hollow or solid? Since the cursor changed with neither, I just gave up) the opening movie (like the most atrocious B movie ever) seemed to go on forever, and I decided the game was already pretty unfun and left. Maybe I will keep it and try again, when I have nothing better to do.

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 10:21 AM
I was rather surprised to read the rave reviews... for me the annoyance factor on this was about nine out of ten... from the glacial pace of the text screens that cannot be hurried along, to having to click on the actual "close" tabs instead of just outside of the close up, to not having the option to skip the really irritating tutorial... I made it just fifteen minutes before deleting... straight forward play, somewhat murky graphics, I didn't even like the text font....apparently this is one of those love it or hate it type games, but definitely not for me.

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 10:21 AM
I was rather surprised to read the rave reviews... for me the annoyance factor on this was about nine out of ten... from the glacial pace of the text screens that cannot be hurried along, to having to click on the actual "close" tabs instead of just outside of the close up, to not having the option to skip the really irritating tutorial... I made it just fifteen minutes before deleting... straight forward play, somewhat murky graphics, I didn't even like the text font....apparently this is one of those love it or hate it type games, but definitely not for me.

posted in The Revenge on Mar 23, 11 7:34 PM
I am positive that this game was never tested by a native English speaker. The grammar and spelling were atrocious, to the point that the focus of the game for me quickly became "how many errors will I find in the next screen". the game was not worth playing... it was rather vague, play was very slow, and I think I made it for about 11 minutes. Two reluctant stars, the forest scenes were attractive, otherwise, yuck.

posted in Treasure Hunters on Mar 14, 11 8:16 PM
Made it thru exactly three minutes before it annoyed me to the point that I couldn't delete it fast enough. Ghastly. Every second a new and even more irritating pop up, usually paired with a grating, clicking, ticking or otherwise annoying sound effect. Zero stars.

posted in Kingdom of Seven Seals on Jan 25, 11 8:11 PM
Tip to game designers. When the game opens up, the first, I mean, the VERY first thing I want to see is a BIG button that reads "OPTIONS:" I do NOT want dreadful music blaring at me at full volume. I do NOT want some silly custom cursor which slows everything down to snails pace. I do NOT want to sit thru an intro at full volume. I spent three minutes looking for some way to shut the gawdawful thing down and get out. Minus three of five stars.

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 5, 11 6:10 PM
I made it thru exactly two minutes. The bobbing board, the inane clues, no, not for me. I was very excited too, because I thought of all the fun things that the name implied. I was very disappointed. 1 of 5 stars

posted in Once Upon a Farm on Jan 2, 11 5:17 PM
Definitely NO BUY! Idiotic enough without the blatant racism, but calling a trophy a bowl, a brush a comb made it even stupider, which hardly seemed possible. Give it a very wide pass.

posted in Chronicles of Albian: The Magic Convention on Dec 15, 10 10:57 PM
Given the choice most game designers seem to opt for LOUDER IS BETTER, setting all the volumes so loud that my neighbors can hear. This game wins an obnoxiousness trophy for giving access to the options menu only AFTER you have suffered thru the opening . . . my ears are still ringing, and I think I woke the toddler two doors down! I only got to play the first five minutes before the cursor quit working, so I can't tell you if the game was fun or not, but from the opening, I would say fun for the 10-12 year olds, maybe.

Is there a walk thru for this game? I have been thru this game as far as I can go, there are no more HOGs and I still need the lamp knob, the club, and shears... I have visited each location I can reach multiple times, and apparently, the objects I need are still in yet to be played HOGs.

posted in Dreamscape on Oct 12, 10 6:19 PM
Any game with no options at the beginning, blasting music, and NO way to quit (I finally resorted to task manager to stop the blaring music!!) is not worth the download. Zero out of five stars.

posted in Finding Hope on Sep 11, 10 8:57 PM
BOO HOO HOO! The worst mistake of my young marriage! I BURNT A CAKE!
Then my drunk husband started building tractors, no, wait...AIRPLANES! Then a son appeared. Then we built more airplanes!

As all the other posters said...booooorrrrrrring...but so beyond terrible that it was almost camp! First it is a girly girly boring HOG, then, apparently the girl developer was overpowered and locked in a closet (or should I say WORKSHOP) and it became all about airplanes...where we were asked to find, among other objects a SEKSTANT! Not a sextant, that would have been too easy.

This game was apparently developed by committee...a boring, co-ed, and quite possilbly very drunk committee. 2 stars, only because it was so terrible it was funny.

posted in Dominic Crane 2: Dark Mystery Revealed on Sep 9, 10 6:23 PM
I made it thru half of the demo...just was NOT fun. There were a lot of very annoying things about this game...for starters, play was not really intuitive, spent far too much time wandering back and forth between a couple of rooms...this is only fun when the better part of the game is spent moving from location to location looking for relatively clearly defined goals, i.e. I need something with which to crack open a metal box, or move a heavy object. This game was less clear...who would imagine that you would treat a lion that way? Because only a couple of rooms are open at a time, it gets boring pretty quickly walking back and forth, back and forth. Hidden object scenes were murky. Often, the only way I knew what I had "found" was when I saw it scratched from the list. The puzzles were particularly irksome. The puzzle opens, the SKIP begins to fill, there are NO INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE. A gate puzzle with numbers...what is the object? Don't know. Are there instructions elsewhere? Don't know, but by leaving, you have to restart the skip button. A faucet puzzle...object? Who knows? By this point, who cares??? Delete delete delete. Two stars.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Aug 31, 10 6:32 PM
I really really really didn't like being stuck in movie land...let us skip, or move along already! Maybe there are folks who read that slowly, but I am not one of them....quit making me wait! Also, please, give us help that is actual HELP. When I need to know how to do something...I want to know how to do THAT. Not the next thing or the thing after that....tell me what i need NOW. I too got stuck looking for the #@$Q%#$@#! brush, and of course, there is NO help for that. Went to the forum to see how to activate the online strategy guide...error message and page can not be displayed. I will probably buy the regular edition, but so far, I have wasted 15 minutes of an hour long demo watching stupid movies (one when it opens, one when it closes, and I am guessing I will have to endure both of them again) and searching for an invisible brush.

posted in Veronica and the Book of Dreams on Aug 23, 10 9:12 PM
More Mangled English (Manglish?) spoken here. This game was totally uninspired...something bored 15 year olds might create...bored, non-English speaking teenagers at that. The cursor was markedly unresponsive, so that moves required click click clicking...tried to shop, clicked BUY but nothing happened...left after two rounds. Ugh. Zero out of Five stars, don't waste the download.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Aug 18, 10 9:58 PM
I too played the collectors edition, then tried to play the regular game. What I get is black screen with an inventory! The only way out is to activate task manager, and exit the game that way. Obviously, I would not be buying such a technical mess. Shame, too, because the game was MUCH better than the previous Echoes game. Time to DELETE this turkey.

posted in Jessica - Mysterious Journey on Aug 2, 10 6:20 PM
Oh, Yippee, another BF game from non-English speakers. "Find all objects according to function" apparently was supposed to mean "find the objects shown as silhouettes" but most of them were rectangles or circles, nothing distinctive. The anime style art was interesting, a peek inside a 15 year old boy's mind...apparently, what they think of mostly are breasts.

Not even if it were free would I waste my time on this disaster. Negative stars for wasting my time!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator