Posts created by danielb5

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake on Mar 1, 13 8:58 PM
Don't forget to take the bucket of water from your inventory before clicking on the shed. This puts the fire out.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake on Mar 1, 13 8:54 PM
You have to place the screwdriver into a hole on the shaft the wheel is connected to. Click in the gauge next to the wheel for a close-up of the area. The screwdriver goes in the hole behind the wheel to the left of the gauge.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake on Mar 1, 13 8:49 PM
After placing the center wheel and screw driver in place, turn the left wheel to unlock the right wheel. Turn the right wheel to drain the well then the center wheel to unlock the well. Turn the large wheel on the well door then click on the smaller one beside it to open the door.

posted in Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island on Feb 3, 13 5:11 AM
I have the simplest solution for Windows users who have both 'Program Files' and 'Program Files (x86)' on your hard drive (You're likely running Windows 2000/Vista/7, 64-bit O/S. Check your system settings to be sure) Simply install the game in the folder marked 'Program Files' to begin with. Do not install in 'Program Files (x86)', it will never work!! BFG game manager defaults to Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows O/S, but you can change it to Program Files under the BFG manager's 'Options' menu. Simply click on 'Options', select the 'Downloads' tab and change your installation directory to Program Files under 'Game Installation Location'. I recommending using the new location for all games that expect files to be located here instead of in 'Program Files (x86), as this will likely avoid problems with launching/loading the game. If you've already installed it in 'Program Files (x86)', uninstall then re-install in 'Program Files'. Remember to change the BFG manager's game install folder as described in this post before re-installing the game. Even if you change the install directory for other BF games after this, the games manager will still detect the game in the folder where you installed it. This works for Windows 7, 64-bit for sure (I'm running this O/S on my laptop). Windows 2000/Vista users may need additional help solving this problem. See other users' posts in this forum for help (Sorry, I don't have Windows 2000/Vista on any of my PCs).

posted in Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island on Feb 3, 13 4:10 AM
Thanks marielh. Your soluton helped me too!! What you've done, is essentially create a mirror for Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island by copying the entire game folder into the installation folder specified in the game.ini file. This allows the game to be launched from the BFG games manager. The manager thinks the files are all in Program files (x86), but the files the game itself actually accesses are in Program files. Nice work!!!

posted in Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ on Jan 14, 12 9:29 PM
The bomb has three levels. First the clock: just match up the numbers with the same digits. Ie: 2 and 22. Push the button after each match. Second a mosaic: Just turn the tiles until they all line up. You can press the button to see if you're done here. If not keep turning tiles until pressing the button reveals the final stage of the bomb. This third and final stage gives you a bundle of wires. Close examination reveals that every wire except one has a twin. The green wire is the only single wire in the lot. Pick it to defuse the bomb. All other wires will detonate the bomb if picked.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator