Posts created by 186FleetStreet

posted in Phantasmat: Insidious Dreams Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 17 11:57 AM
So, I'd remembered Mark Dodson (the voice of the doctor and the entity) from a few Nancy Drew games. And back when I watched a YouTube playthrough of Layers of Fear, I thought the main actor, Eric Braa, sounded just like Mark Dodson, which just made me confused.

Imagine my frustration when both of them were in this Phantasmat game...

Just based on the description and the beginning of the demo, is anyone else reminded of the Campfire Legends trilogy?

I know a few other people and I have had problems with this game getting a black screen and locking up on Windows 10, with no problems with the game on older computer systems.

Any chance of everyone getting some sort of game patch or some other fix?

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 22, 16 11:55 AM
A lot of people have been having this problem, myself included.

Supposedly, getting the most recent Windows updates to graphics cards and stuff like that would help, but even that paired with the bug fixes to the game itself hasn't helped me.

And what sucks even more is that I've heard that the tech support is no help. (And if the mods are reading this, please keep this fact in mind before adding one of those "See tech support posts" to this thread.)

posted in Shtriga: Summer Camp on Jul 16, 16 9:13 PM
Since the Shtriga seems to have gotten out of the trap after Peter and the lady escaped, does this mean there's a potential sequel? Because as far as I know, there isn't an existing CE of this game, which means there isn't a bonus level explaining what happened (like with other games with cliffhangers like that).

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 16 11:32 AM
But since the official Goblinz Facebook page says part two will be out sometime between August and October of this year, maybe we'll get a *few* more answers (or at least a few clues)...

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 16 11:30 AM
But after collecting a certain number of the journal pages, Holly's notebook said something about how the mom became friends with the guard while visiting Dahlia there after institutionalizing the girl...

posted in Campfire Legends: The Last Act on May 31, 16 8:23 PM
And another thing:

All of the security video clips of Lisa walking around the house in the second game (not the backstory ones of Libby and Dr. Haken, which were set in 1986) had a date stamp of May, 1987. So why, in this one, did Lisa's journal say she was kidnapped by Maggie in May, 1988?

posted in Sable Maze: Twelve Fears Collector's Edition on May 8, 16 12:00 PM
I totally agree with previous posters that Amber was being a stupid teenager and got herself into all the trouble.

But what about Marrissa? Sure, I understand all of the tragic things in her life gave her serious fears, but... Why did so many tragic things happen to her? I mean, there's a line between background info for a character and completely ridiculous/overdone, and this game is kinda crossing it...

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 16 2:08 PM
I'm not a moderator, but I was just on the Facebook page for the game developer, Goblinz, and at the end of February, they said they'll have a big announcement in 2-3 weeks.

So maybe like a week or two from now, they may be announcing a release date for the sequel.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 16 9:26 AM
OK, so I've gotten the black screen everyone's been talking about after the most recent update.

And as far as I know, all my graphics cards on my computer or whatever have been updated. I mean, I did Microsoft updates since the game update was installed.

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Feb 28, 16 5:42 PM
OK, so in Act II, Holly mentioned the conflicting stories about who her father is, after hearing her mom's recording about how there actually was no father, even though the mom kept telling people that he either died or walked out. And it was mentioned that the twins' mom was a teen mom.

Part of me wants to believe the immaculate conception theory (or lie), but...

Who wants to bet that the Charles Laudius guy or whatever his name was actually raped the mom?

(I mean, they did put a big red "mature audiences" warning label on the product page...)

posted in Campfire Legends: The Babysitter on Feb 21, 16 9:37 PM
Check in the parents' bedroom for the headband. I'm not giving out spoilers for exactly where.

posted in Campfire Legends: The Last Act on Feb 21, 16 9:36 PM
Like I said, these are series-wide questions.

OK, what happened to Christine from the first one? Did she end up being Maggie and Libby's mom? And was the boyfriend from the first game the twins' dad? Maybe?

And were the twins seriously born in 1984 like Libby's tombstone said? Because the main action of the game was in 1987, and the video tapes scattered around the lab areas were in 1986. The twins definitely did not look three or four years old in the main action. They looked more like eight.

On a related note, how much older than Reggie was Lisa? I mean, if she was college age, like a senior or something (about to get a med school rec from the twins' dad)...

In the final cutscene of the third game, Maggie said she was trying to perfect the Hookman's resurrection serum. I suspected she was the villain most of the game. I kinda got the feeling that she wanted to resurrect Libby again, but if that's the case, why didn't she actually come out and say it in the final cutscene?

...Wow. I guess I had more unresolved issues than I thought.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Seacliff Tragedy on Feb 19, 16 1:41 PM
I've been sitting on this theory since October 2014.

So, in The Town with No Name, Simon and Kelly suggest that Delaware is the Protector, and he spends that game and this one in denial of the possibility. And apparently Delaware had been kidnapped as a baby by Sister Helena for one of the sacrifices to the Hunter in the orphanage.

Fast forward to this third game, and these two weird ladies show up. Miss Rose claims to be the last Protector, and Katherine claims to be the new one.

And the two boys who summoned the Hunter to kill the children (what is it with children being the victims?) and destroyed the park were seduced by a weird hooded man.

So... given that the Protector job is a genetic thing, according to Simon... what if Miss Rose is Delaware's mother and Katherine is his sister? And then Delaware really is the new Protector, and Katherine is lying and is actually the new Destroyer? And then the mysterious hooded man, who Simon, Kelly, and Delaware think is the last Destroyer, is actually Delaware's dad?

I honestly hope that when Asylum of the Lost finally comes out, they sort all this stuff out.

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Feb 19, 16 1:25 PM
It turns out that the Windows updates didn't finish downloading. That was actually my bad.

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Dec 24, 15 7:46 PM
OK, so I did the Windows updates like the tech support people had in the last post someone made about having this update, and I'm still having the same problem.

Anyone else?

posted in Final Cut: The True Escapade Collector's Edition on May 31, 15 3:20 PM
So, are the brother and sister the same ones from the first three games? Based on the intro, I couldn't really tell, so I got confused/bored and kinda gave up in the first area.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn on May 10, 15 4:17 PM
connacht wrote:What's going to happen to Keira? Is she going to turn bad, like Abigail? Is the witch really gone?

I kinda feel like the doctor and Keira will take the map to find the cure, and Keira is becoming a replacement for the Witch. I don't think Abigail was really "bad;" at the end of the game, she seemed kinda resigned to her fate and didn't want to succumb to the evil power of the curse thing. She just wanted things to be over. I want the third game to see if those are really true.

posted in Emerald City Confidential on May 10, 15 4:08 PM
How did the Frogman not notice Petra and the Sawhorse floating outside his huge upper-floor windows?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator