Posts created by bratzgram

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Sep 14, 10 8:05 AM
Just when I was going to give up for a while I found this. Renewed my interest! So far I have only played the demo but as soon as I am done here I am going to buy it. The hidden object scenes were a bit more difficult than I care for. Had to use at least one hint per but the hint recharges pretty fast. Some items I has to use a hint for simply because I didn't know what the item was. Spotted ****? A Trifle? I knew that was a food item but there were many food items I don't care for the junk pile hidden object scenes but I can work with it. At least they fit the time period. No computer mouse in the 1800s! I wish they didn't use the same scenes over again though.
The comments along the way were cute and the music was not bad. The story line was what I expected but still hooked me.
As a rule I don't like the sparkles that lead the way but I think in this case you would just live in the walk through without them.
The way they grade you on your detective work made my competitive side raise it's head. It made me not take hints when I generally would have. I already knew I was buying so I didn't have to get as much as a I could out of the demo. I took my time.
Anyway, I would give this or 8 out of 10.
Gotta go now I want to continue playing it!!!
Have Fun!

posted in Hidden Magic on Sep 12, 10 3:17 PM
This game really surprised me! At first I thought "Oh Great- Boring". The more I played the more involved I got. No there is not really any story to this but it was a refreshing change from a standard Hidden Object game. After I started my 5 yr old grand daughter came and sat on my lap and had a blast. When my husband heard us he pulled up a chair to help. He is never interested in my games. What got him involved was the fight sequences. He understood that part better than I did at first. We spent a good hour and a half that evening and still had plenty left to play. I bought this without a trial run and I am not sorry. I really liked the fact that you could play the battles or do the puzzles without actually playing the regular game. You can just click on battles or puzzles or game. Every battle is different no matter how many times you play. You just get better and faster because you start to learn what you are looking for and what best defeats your opponent.
After I finished this I stored it for a while and the other day when I wanted to play for a bit but didn't feel like buying I started this over and had just as much fun the second time through.
Those of you looking for the standard Adventure/Hidden Object type game will be very surprised, I think, to find that this is worth the money. I was.

posted in Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff on Sep 12, 10 3:01 PM
This was a good game but more for a beginner I think. The only time I had to get help was for finding a couple items. It had good graphics but I found the story a bit lacking. The mini games were fun and hard enough to get you thinking. It was shorter than I was led to believe. The one good thing I can say is that I got it on sale and I am glad. I would not have really been disappointed if I had paid full price but it was not as good as some and I am glad I got it reduced.

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Aug 30, 10 4:08 PM
I bought this after doing the trial. It was a fun game for my 5 yr. old grand daughter and I to play together. I loved that all the characters actually spoke and I didn't have to read the whole game. Yay!! The archery tournaments were a lot of fun for her.
If you are like me and want a real challenge this is not it. It was enjoyable but very easy to get through. We did get a good laugh at some places though. The length was good .
Guess that's all I really can say about this one

posted in Enlightenus on Aug 2, 10 7:16 AM
I bought this game as Daily Deal without playing the trial version. Bought it mainly because I needed one more game to fill my card. I was really glad I did. I love the idea of putting items into the scenes instead of having to find them for a change. The clues are funny in themselves and it is more challenging than I thought it would be. It wasn't dark and mysterious like most of the Hidden Object/Adventure Games I have been playing so it was a real breath of fresh air. As you will read in other reviews, the ending is rather frustrating but even taking that into consideration I give this out of five. 41/2 if it were possible

posted in Enlightenus on Aug 2, 10 7:07 AM
I even went to the Gamezebo walkthrough and on that they even asked that if anyone finds those buttons to please post it there. I looked everywhere possible and could find nothing! Kind of frustrating.

posted in Vault Cracker on Jul 28, 10 7:03 PM
I enjoyed this game but wish I would have waited for the daily Deal to buy it. It is way easy! I prefer more of a challenge. In this up pick up objects but don't ever actually put anything together or fix anything. Because the sparkles lead you through everything there is no challenge there. The mini games are the easiest I have ever played. the **** scenes are very easy also. One nice thing is that because there is no real hard aspects it is fast paced for this type of game. The story is also intriguing and the voice overs are fun. There are some good points to this game but I just find it to easy.

posted in Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood on Jul 25, 10 7:17 PM
I was all excited after reading the reviews on this. Now I am very disappointed. I never had to ask for help except for a couple times finding hidden objects. I thought, Great something new in hidden object/adventure. It seems that I started and it was over! I kept waiting for some complication. Some challenge. It never came. As a matter of fact when I did the last mini puzzle and the credits came up I was astounded. I even went to restart the game thinking maybe something went wrong and I missed half of it. To boil it all down. NOT WORTH THE MONEY!! No challenge, no twist, way to short!

posted in Dream Day First Home on Jul 23, 10 7:22 AM
I am glad I got this on the Daily Deal because I would not have been happy had I paid full price for it! I read the reviews and expected something more. I guess I am hooked on Hidden Object/Adventure because this bored me to death. It's my go to game when I have nothing else I can play. I am not one to play one frozen Hidden Object scene after another and this one is so veiled that it's to hard to find the items. I know there are a lot of Dream Day fans here but I guess that they are not for me. I need a bit more of a challenge.

posted in Elixir of Immortality on Jul 22, 10 4:07 PM
I just stumbled across this and for some reason bought it sight unseen. I had no regrets at all. Just finished it and got my moneys worth! Even when I was sure the game was at an end it gave a bit of a twist and gave me more play time. it probably wasn't one of the most difficult but challenging enough for me. The only thing I didn't really like was the weird way they did (or did not) do the dialogue. They had it in subtitle but the characters were making a grunting noise in the background while you are reading. They story was fun and there was no lack of different screens. Great Game overall!

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 10 1:53 PM
Since this is the first game I have been asked to beta-test I don't know what the guide lines are. Just wanted everyone to know that SAMHAIN is coming and it's going to be good. I really like Hidden Object/Adventure games and this one was very good in my opinion. Lots of mini games that are tough enough to keep you working at them but not tough enough to make you skip right away. From what I played the story line looks pretty good also. The hidden object scenes were clear and just easy enough to find items without getting frustrated. Everyone that liked Dire Grove or Deadtime stories, games along that line will like this to. I am watching for it to come out. Can't wait to finish it.
As always let me know if you have played something great along these lines please. I am always looking for the next challenge.
HAPPY GAMING!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Jul 17, 10 7:11 PM
FANTASTIC! This has to be one of the, if not the,best game I have played since joining! I have said that after playing others but this one takes the prize. I was hooked in the first 2 min. It was actually a bit nail biting at some parts. I have never played one that made my hair stand on end before. The puzzles were a bit difficult and I wouldn't have made it through without the walkthrough. I like that though. It really made it worth the money. Almost wish I would have bought the CE. The only other Mystery Case Files I had played was Prime Suspects. That didn't do anything for me so I was very surprised.They have sure come a long way since then. The graphics were great! The objects weren't to hard to find and the play was tough enough to really make me think. Thank You Big Fish!!

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Jul 9, 10 6:21 PM
I am in with the dragon and have to play the gongs. I have a problem playing them so I went to the walk through. It says to play them with the mallet. I have no mallet and when I go back in the walk through I can't find anyplace that it says to get a mallet. Please Help!! I am at my wits end and with the other problems I have had I'm about to give up. HELP!

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Jul 8, 10 8:53 PM
I bought this for my first adventure game. I asked for a recommendation and the first I got was for this so I read a few reviews and bought it without a trial. the game is fun enough and difficult enough but I am getting very frustrated with the time in changing scenes. So much so that I timed it! You have to move around quite a bit and every time I have to it takes 3 to 5 minutes. I play for 5 to 15 and have to change scenes and wait. That's about one third of my time! I do love the graphics but I don't even get to see that while waiting. Just a black screen! In most games I have to pry myself away to get work done but I don't have that problem here.

posted in Pathfinders: Lost at Sea on Jul 7, 10 6:54 AM
I saw a recommendation for Murder she wrote. I didn't care for it that much. Very repetitive if you ask me. I really liked Bitten, Rose Briar, Special Inquiry: the hand that feeds, Salem Witch Trials. They are all great. they have good story lines and are just hard enough to keep you hooked.

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on Jul 5, 10 12:15 PM
Finished this game a few days ago. Had to take a bit of time before posting. After playing for 15 min. I was hooked. Loved everything about it! The mini puzzles were just hard enough to keep me going but not too hard to be frustrating and the story line was great! I was really excited to play. Then came the bad part. I was so angry at the way it ended I could have screamed. I realize they want us to buy part II but if it's not any longer than 1 I doubt I will. Should have waited and read reviews before buying I guess.

posted in Hidden Magic on Jul 5, 10 12:05 PM
I read some of the reviews on Hidden Magic and was undecided at first if I wanted to buy it. Actually glad I did. I have played better, more challenging games but I really did have a good time with this one. My 5 yr old grand daughter likes to sit on my lap while I play and she loved the battles. My husband, who NEVER pays any attention even sat and helped with the battles. I thougt the length was nice and the graphics, while not as great as some were fun.

posted in Dream Day First Home on Jul 5, 10 11:59 AM
I just bought this because it was the Daily Deal and I am very glad I didn't pay full price for it! After playing so many HOG Adventure games this was boring. I haven't played too awfully far into it but I think I will save it for when I run out of more exciting games to pay. There is no challenges in this game that I can see. No puzzle solving or crime solving. It is pure ****.
I had read the reviews and saw how many liked the Dream Day series so I thought I would give it a try. It is lighter than the usual games of this type and that is all I can see for a good point.

I really loved this game. Not sorry I paid for CE. Having the strategy guide right there was GREAT! I hate to use it but needed it a couple times. I found the mini games pretty tough at times. I am not one to sit down and play through so sometimes you need the guide just to find out where you are. The way I see it, if you liked Briar Rose or Edgar Allen Poe you will be impressed with this. Getting the Bonus time at the end was a nice treat.

I bought the CE and was not disappointed. The game itself I found longer than most and pretty challenging. Many of the mini games are very tough I thought. The bonus screens lasted about 45 min for me but I don't use hints and try to do all minis. I REALLY liked having the strategy guide right at hand. I actually had to use it a couple times. Have Fun.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator