Posts created by wxman77477

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 30, 12 6:13 AM
I agree, I request a refund.

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 30, 12 3:57 AM
The key to this level is to upgrade the Headquarters before collecting any material. Clear the way to the bank and let the bank build enough money to upgrade the Headquarters. In the mean time you can be knocking down building ruins, just wait to send the wagons to the Headquarters until it has been upgrade. That way you get 20 materials for each wagon rather than just 10.

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 29, 12 8:13 AM
Knock off bandits,
Pick up stone
Upgrade Headquarter
Start cutting Trees and picking up Materials
Clear road to Bank
Buy Worker
Build Quarry
Buy Workers when money available
Build Mine
Build Saw Mill

I complete it in less than 5 minutes and over 60,000 points

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 29, 12 6:37 AM
I really like "build" TM games. This is not the best, but well worth $7. I think it is the best of the Monument Builders series. On the first two, there were one or two levels that really required no strategy, you just had to be able to click very, very fast for extended periods. Very hard for me. Just give me a chance to use logic to win, not my capability to click fast.

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 29, 12 6:33 AM
bella81762 wrote:twice now, when i would click to start a level, the game would go gray, as if it were starting, then wouldnt load....no big deal, i just had to hit the windows button, and right click to shut the game down, and when i restarted it was fine...

I had the same problem, but easy to fix.

posted in A Gnome's Home: The Great Crystal Crusade on Aug 18, 12 5:22 AM
I am currently working at this game (on Level 51), and have gotten only Silver for 22, 37, and 46. But I found a little step that may help.

Before actually doing anything on a given level, click on "Menu" and then "Continue". This will start the Powerup Timer but not the Game Timer. Wait until the Powerup Timer is full and chose the Powerup you want to start with. This will start the Game Timer but you already have a powerup in place.

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 15, 12 11:45 AM
bfg1954 wrote:
wxman77477 wrote:I just finished First Blood and Hard Winter in Hard Mode with all Gold and used “Stars” only for Upgrades. I ended up with 650 “Stars” left and 31 Upgrades still not purchased. Of the 31 Upgrades, I can add up the cost for 12 of them. These 12 will cost 6570 “Stars”. The remaining 19 will cost more than the 12 Upgrades for which I can see the costs. Just as a guess, I will need around 20,000 “Stars” to buy all remaining Upgrades.

You can only win 4,800 “Stars” for each of the First Blood and Hard Winter Campaigns. If you can only win another 4,800 “Stars” when the Sandbox Campaign is released, it will be impossible to end up with all Upgrades.

My point is, what is the reason for Awards (max out on Upgrades for Riflemen, Flame Throwers, Ack-Ack, and Cannon) which cannot be reached?

If you multiply 400 stars times 72, you would get 28,800 stars for a game. If each completed level awarded the player 400 stars and the Sandbox wars were included, assuming the Sandbox wars would have 24 phases, it would seem possible to max out all upgrades based on your computation.

You would be correct bfg1954

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 15, 12 2:38 AM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Fishies,

One possible reason for not being able to earn all the upgrades is that it requires you to be a bit more selective with the upgrades you choose, thus giving the game a bit more challenge. In many games, you have the options to choose upgrades and skills based on what traits you want to customize your army or character with. This then begins to dictate how you play the game and what strategies to use. This feels similar to that in the way that it does make you choose a certain path to take, though there are many different ways to strategically play the game.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

bfgSeine,
You obviously have not played Toy Defense. Unless the currently non-existant Sandbox Campaign has a load of "Stars", there is something wrong with the design of the game.

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 13, 12 2:29 PM
The game is a three campaign experience (First Blood, Hard Winter, and Sandbox).

The problem is that the third campaign has never been available.
When will the final campaign become available?

A very simple question, I ask for a very simple answer. How Long?

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 13, 12 6:17 AM
I just finished First Blood and Hard Winter in Hard Mode with all Gold and used “Stars” only for Upgrades. I ended up with 650 “Stars” left and 31 Upgrades still not purchased. Of the 31 Upgrades, I can add up the cost for 12 of them. These 12 will cost 6570 “Stars”. The remaining 19 will cost more than the 12 Upgrades for which I can see the costs. Just as a guess, I will need around 20,000 “Stars” to buy all remaining Upgrades.

You can only win 4,800 “Stars” for each of the First Blood and Hard Winter Campaigns. If you can only win another 4,800 “Stars” when the Sandbox Campaign is released, it will be impossible to end up with all Upgrades.

My point is, what is the reason for Awards (max out on Upgrades for Riflemen, Flame Throwers, Ack-Ack, and Cannon) which cannot be reached?

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 10, 12 7:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I finished with Gold and no loss of Hearts. I am going back thru in the Hard mode and don't see any difference than Casual mode.

I think the keys were I learned from the first time thru, a really upgraded Ack-Ack, and three very strong cannon.

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 3, 12 8:54 AM
Upgrading is critical to make it thru the game. And do not use "Stars" for anything other than upgrade if at all possible. I just finished the game with all Gold. Had upgraded both rifles and cannon to maximum, and needed it. Used 150 "Stars" on four levels in Hard Winter to buy some "Hearts". Used all other "Stars" for upgrades.

I am going back and start a new game in "Hard" mode and see if I can do it without buying any "Hearts" or "Money" with "Stars". Wish me luck.

posted in Toy Defense on Aug 1, 12 2:00 PM
Well I have made it to HW Level 24. I am sure this will not be easy. I still have not used "Stars" for anything but upgrades. Once I make it thru Level 24 I will retry Level 12. If anyone has suggestions for Level 24, please let me know.

posted in Toy Defense on Jul 27, 12 1:48 PM
Mission 15 - The key is to get thru level 6. You need a cannon on Level 6. Beyond that probably 4 Ack-Ack, 4 Flame Guys, two Cannon, and the rest Rifle. No real problem. But remember, I have not used any "Stars" for anything other than Upgrades; i.e., I have not bought any "Hearts" or "Money" up to this point. Gold on every Mission except Mission 12, where I have only Bronze.

posted in Toy Defense on Jul 26, 12 5:58 PM
Second update. I finished Mission 14 with Gold after two tries. The key to 14 is anti aircraft units. You need four (4) AA defenders with maximum hit levels (**_ _).

posted in Toy Defense on Jul 25, 12 11:13 AM
As an update I offer the following. I competed HW Mission 13 for gold with no real difficulty. Mission 13 has the same road pattern as Mission 12, but 13 has more defensive locations. In all cases before with the same road pattern, the earlier mission always had the more defensive locations. But not in this case.

posted in Toy Defense on Jul 24, 12 7:10 AM
I have gold on all missions up to this point. Moreover, I have not traded any "Stars" for "Hearts" or "Money" up to this point. But I do not see a way to get gold this mission/wave 21 without trading "Stars" for about 25 "Hearts".

Any suggestions for getting thru this last wave without any loss of "Hearts"?

posted in Toy Defense on Jul 7, 12 6:18 AM
I think he gets 400 Stars per level because he is playing on a iPad or iPod. The PC version only gets 200 Stars. So you have to play it differently on PC's.

I have learned that spending "Stars" on Upgrades is very important. Spend as few "Stars" on $s as possible.

posted in Toy Defense on Jun 24, 12 2:46 PM
Thanks,
A good find.

posted in Toy Defense on Jun 24, 12 12:48 PM
I agree, it seem like you should be able to spend $’s for “Stars” or “Hearts” at the end of the level.
But more importantly, when you do poorly on a level and want to restart it you have lost all “Stars” spend on that level. Therefore, to really do better, you must restart from Level 1. Most strategy games if you want to restart a level, you start with all points as it originally was the first time thru that level. You never know what is going to be thrown at you as you progress thru a level until you have gone thru it once.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator