Posts created by Dirk_Tee

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 1:04 PM
The one I like best is: "if beauty is skin deep, this is what you look like underneath" in Portland Oregon.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 2:31 AM
mammym wrote:I think it's funny how many men in the secret library and bar are going on a date and want high heels to make their legs look longer.

Maybe that is why the Library is secret.

But I must admit, I never imagined that I would buy so many women's shoes and dresses as I did lately.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 2:22 AM
I've experienced both: I've had a quest that was satisfied immediately because I already had the item, but also had quests (and I think the Cotton Stuffed Cutie was one of them) where it required me to go to the location to earn the item, although I had one or more in my inventory.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 4, 14 2:14 AM
I'm at level 72 and don't have the 'Dog awaits Master' painting either.
I never had a quest requiring me to get it, but the mini-game #10 in Vincent's Studio is still locked because I don't have the painting.

When I click the buy button (I can safely do that because I don't have 140 gold bars), the instructions say: "Buy this item with coins: Ensure all buildings in Dinhammer Alley are at level 5".
Now, all the buildings there are at level 5 since before the Christmas update, except of course the 'coming soon' one. So I'll just wait until "it comes soon".

I'm quite sure that those instructions weren't there when I was still at lower levels, but I can't say as from what level exactly they first appeared. Must be somewhere between 50 and 70, but that's not much help I guess.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 2, 14 9:51 AM
I don't agree with that. I frequently noticed my money being returned to me when someone overbid me. So I don't think you "overpay" as a rule when you bid more than once on an item.

However, I have experienced a few times where I didn't get my money back; but I think that is related to the problem that some already reported where you sometimes don't get your money from sold items that you put up for auction.
I've had that too, especially when several items are bought right after each other.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 2, 14 8:34 AM
I've experienced several times that I get a message from the auctions twice, but I've always gotten the actual item only once and never an item that I didn't bid on. Haven't paid attention to the coins when that happened.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 1, 14 11:13 AM
angelfire77 wrote:I have a glitch since the most recent (Jan 28) update. I can't scroll left through the cities anymore. I can scroll right, no problem, but I have to exit the game and restart to be able to scroll back to the left. Not the worst thing, just FYI for Boomzap.

I had the same problem, until I noticed that it still works if I click more on the right hand side of that button, just right of that arrow to the left.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Feb 1, 14 12:23 AM
cissyr1768 wrote:I don't understand why so many folks are having an issue with the red mine. I am not. It's working fine for me.

To me it sounds as if players who had already mastered a city before the Christmas update was out, have no problems. Mastering a city since then doesn't seem to be recognized.

For myself, I had mastered all cities before the Xmas update and have no problems there, but the two new cities stay in fast shopper mode, even though I also mastered them in the mean time.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 31, 14 3:53 AM
Look for tips in the thread "Some advice for newer players. Things I wish I knew back when...." that is now buried under all the comments about the last update, on page 2.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 27, 14 2:36 AM
Yes, very useful, thank you.
I've already used it twice.

So if you're desperate to use up all your energy: go to the bar !

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 27, 14 1:40 AM
The wharf is the wooden structure in front of the snack shop.

But you can't upgrade it at this time: if you click it, nothing happens.
This problem occurred since the Christmas update.

I guess you'll have to wait for a new update, or use gold to unlock Pensacola.

The problem was already mentioned in the thread "Can't click on wharf-Unlocking Pensacola Florida" on page 4 and somewhere in the Technical Issues thread.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 23, 14 8:23 AM
This problem has been covered in the "Technical Issues" thread:

Mini games: some players can't seem to scroll to the bottom line of the mini games in each building (the games requiring 12, 14, 16 and 18 units of a resource). I solved it this way:

scroll to the bottom
place your cursor under the last row
push upward while holding the left mouse button
the "lost" mini-games will now appear
right-click the mini-game you want to play while still holding the left mouse button.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 21, 14 3:49 AM
I got a Colombia stamp in the Red Mine and a George Washington stamp and Corn Circle in the Doll Shop this morning.
In both cases I was playing in picture mode.

So that doesn't seem to be a general problem.

I haven't gotten any Columbus Day stamps though, and I've played Dolores' Barn at least a dozen times over the last few days. So it's either gone, or occurring much less frequently.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 19, 14 2:50 PM
I had to play the Red Mine 37 times yesterday to finally get the dinner jacket I needed.
Funy thing is, a few days ago I played the Red Mine 1 time because I had 40 energy points left and wanted to use them before "recharging"... Yes, you guessed it: I got a dinner jacket :-)

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 19, 14 12:16 AM
Look in the thread "Collectibles - Where to find 'em!" on page 3 for a list of (almost) all items and their location.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 18, 14 9:54 AM
There's a list of all collectibles in the thread "Collectibles - Where to find 'em!" on page 3.
It's fairly complete; I copied it into an Excel worksheet and search that if I need an item.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 16, 14 8:47 PM
Wharf: Other players have already mentioned this problem with the Wharf also; see thread "Can't click on wharf-Unlocking Pensacola Florida". The problem occured after the Christmas updates.

Mini games: some players can't seem to scroll to the bottom line of the mini games in each building (the games requiring 12, 14, 16 and 18 units of a resource). Maybe pttucker51 and WayneManor have the same issue ? I solved it this way:

scroll to the bottom
place your cursor under the last row
push upward while holding the left mouse button
right-click the mini-game you want to play while still holding the left mouse button.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 10, 14 3:01 PM
As soon as somebody makes a bid, you can't use the buy-out anymore, so the option disappears.

I agree with icranky2: I don't think it is possible at any level to put an item up for auction without a buy-out price.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 10, 14 2:33 AM
Most of the gold I got was by reaching certain achievements, like doing x number of quests, upgrading x buildings, collecting x number of bronze (silver, gold, platinum) collections, etc.
Check your achievements and see what rewards you can get.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 10, 14 2:28 AM
I tried it yesterday and received the item and didn't have any problems.
Try posting this problem in the technical issues thread, see if you get a reaction there.
Or try reinstalling the software. If the program really freezes, it might be a software problem.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator