Posts created by Crow12000

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 21, 14 12:27 PM
Princess_of_Pink wrote:
How do I use her screen shot to make a map f where to find the crescent moon in the library?

No idea of how to make the map but the crescent moon is in shadow in the following places: (in day mode)

On the right hand side at the top of the bookshelf on the wall.
On the turned over bucket in the middle of the room.
On the floor to the right of the bucket.
On the front of the piano above the keys on the left hand side.
Outside the window closest to the bookshelf.

Hope that helps you.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 20, 14 12:17 PM
saturnina100 wrote:I only found out last week or so in the forum that doing competitions gives out dragon food!! I didn't know, i had never done a competition! so i tried my very first one a couple of days ago, and well, I sucked, so i didnt get any food. I was so nervous my hands were shaking and my blood pressure must have been to the roof, lol, so no surprise i lost... but hey I will try and try and I WILL win me some food soon!

This is where I get a lot of my dragon food from. You don't even have to win if there are more than 2 participants, just don't come in last. I know my first ones were complete train wrecks. I was so nervous and it took me awhile to figure out that I needed to get the items in the highlighted order to get the maximum points.

Just take a deep breath and try to have fun with it. Nothing happens at all if you lose you are only out a few pearls so there really isn't any reason to put pressure on yourself.

I've actually gotten much better and quite often win against much higher players. It just takes a lot of practice and soon you will be racking up that dragon food, so hang in there!

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 20, 14 8:34 AM
Wow, there's lots of good stuff dropping in all the rooms and from the creatures including some of the hard to find items.

Now that's a good B-day gift!

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 19, 14 7:19 PM
I haven't had any problems as a newer player getting help with my low level dragons.

I got 3 fed today in under 45 minutes, maybe that's just because I've got great neighbors. I personally really enjoy feeding my neighbors dragons so I participate as much as I can.

I do think Chhayudi has a point on the time differences though. Of course your going to help neighbors who have the same play schedule as you do and miss out on the ones that don't. That just makes sense.

What I don't understand and that makes no sense to me are the players that add an incredibly low amount of food to one of the 26000 dragons. Not only does it not help out but since the number of spaces is limited to 20 participants it puts an undo burden on everyone else.

I know I read a really great advice piece in the tips thread on the proper way to go about feeding and running expeditions. It's what I base my game play on and it basically is all about percentages.

I've got no complaints about my neighbors helping me at all. Most of my higher level neighbors that I help have been extremely generous to me in return. So it's all good.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 19, 14 6:14 PM
I kind of like the twilight genies mode except the cursor does this weird sort of float thing. I kind of have to coast it towards an item and then try to get it centered to click on it. If I move it too fast it just bypasses what ever I'm going for and I have to float it back.

Makes it extremely challenging especially in competitions where I'm trying to be fast.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 18, 14 8:10 AM
I think this is going to depend a bit on how your mind works and what it registers. So what may work for me may not work for you but this is my basic plan.

If it's the first time I'm seeing a room then I do a pan and scan of the entire room, just to take it all in. You don't have many items to look for so I glance at the list to see what I'm looking for and then just take it in the order I find them.

If I can't find an item then my first approach is the mirror gadget. I tend to remember the placement of the item better if I search for it than just having the bell tell me where it is. If I have no clue what an item is or what it might look like then I go for the bell gadget.

If I'm really having trouble with a room such as the treasury in Time of Knights (the color scheme in there just messes with me) I will look at the wiki to get an idea of the search areas for some of the hard to find items.

In general I find the tiny hard to find items easier to remember than some of the big obvious ones. Don't know what that says about me but sometimes it can be laying right in the middle of the room big as day and I just can't find the stupid thing.

Reversed mode in general is probably the hardest for me with the upside down version being the worst. Just totally messes me up and I find myself turning my head to try to right the room in my brain.

I like Marine Queen mode and generally do well in it. I take one number at time and don't really look at the other numbers till I move on.

Octopus mode messes me up I will do them of course but it's never pretty and I usually have to go to the watch gadget a couple of times.

Mostly though it is just becoming familiar with the room and then memorizing the placements for all the objects.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 17, 14 2:02 PM
Marjasinstar wrote:
Crow12000 wrote:There's a pause button?

Yep, the button with the two green bars on the top right side of the room's "frame," just under the button with the x on it.

Holy cow, there it is! Talk about a hidden object.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 16, 14 7:39 PM
There's a pause button?

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 16, 14 5:46 PM
I totally agree with the concept of culling sleepers. Since I'm fairly new I have a lot of newish neighbors and I will give anyone who sends a request a shot in the hood.

On the low level new players I give about a 2 week grace period for sleeping before I cut them. I figure they may just not like the game and have decided to stop playing, no harm no foul.

What I'm having trouble deciding what to do about are a couple of 100+ neighbors who sent invitations to me and I accepted them. However they have never sent one gift since they joined my hood nor helped on an expedition. So now I don't know what to do.

I've thought of sending a message but everything I've come up with sounds a bit too whiney or snarky. Not gifting them in return just seems too passive aggressive and I don't like feeling that way. I'll probably just end up cutting them when push comes to shove.

*sigh* I just don't get the concept you can only do well in this game if you have good neighbors. The only way to get good neighbors is to be one yourself. That seems pretty simply and straight forward to me.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 16, 14 10:04 AM
This is perhaps one of those questions it's best not to ask oneself.

At first I thought "oh, a couple of hours a day" then I thought about it and went "umm... more like 4 hours a day. Well unless there's something timed then it might be more than that. But it's not all at one time so that's not to bad, right?"

Yeah, maybe it's better just not to think about it. I still get all my other stuff done....mostly.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 15, 14 8:12 AM
JillyAnna wrote:I haven't any idea where the "tilt" yard is, and now here is my
one and only favorite legends...sword in the stone, Arthurian legend
and Knights, I am not asking for hints but where do I go
I haven't had much luck in completing any of the weekly quests
either...
enjoyed what I have played so far, er except the ghosts are
aggravating

JillyAnna

JillyAnna the tilt yard is in the time of knights. You need to have both Venice and the Time of Knights open in order to do this quest.

@margboul I certainly understand the "fix" you need with the weekly quests and the fact that this one a bit tedious. By the time I was done I was eagerly moving on to open up more rooms in Time of Knights, something I had been delaying to catch up on smaller quests. I didn't even want to finish up the water mill I just opened cause I didn't want to look at the Bellow's Manor map anymore.

I was just excited to get to do my first full quest with an expedition and I'm sure there are other new players that felt the same. Hopefully they will open up something new for the experienced players soon.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 15, 14 6:52 AM
margboul wrote:Yesterday, I was thinking that it was a shame that a brand new event kept us in Bellows Manor. They must have read my thoughts!! Unfortunately, except for the Lady in Black, I already have everything!!!

Well for some of us newer players having it in Bellow's manor was a very good thing.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 14, 14 8:52 PM
The "Mirror Chest" contents:

150 Silver Tarra cards
100 Gold Tarra cards
1 Strawberry Jam
2 Large Master rune sets
10 bells
10 phase watches
10 solar lamps
15 hammer of thor
1 energy of time
15 summoning scrolls
1 trophy- Ice Tranquility
1 artifact charge (I assume this varies I got a platinum slab)
250 pouch of pearls
10 problem solvers
35,000 gold

Just thought I would list it for everyone's convenience.

The reward was certainly worth that endless library search.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 14, 14 2:55 PM
yeulih wrote:I found the Spring Green in Jumbled mode - the devs may have corrected the error. This was an absolutely frustrating artifact to get though (used 1 k+ energy points? haha). I did 2 full rounds twice, then tried to 1-2 modes off reverse twice using the tarra cards (but did not do jumbled), then did 2 full rounds again. Woot.

Just wait till you get to the red and yellow candles. I know I did 57 searches of the library to get those items cause I kept track.

Good luck.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 14, 14 10:38 AM
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one frustrated about the extensive length of time spent on the library. I thought I would never get out of that room.

I don't mind if it's the cellar so much as I just slap on a denial of gravity and pick up some of those hard to find items but not so much in the library.

I could store my ocean of mystic drink in the vast number of malachite boxes I just got. On the bright side it is dropping lots of regular dragon food along with the special stuff.

Now to the endless search of the Observatory for that blue candle.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 13, 14 1:06 PM
Hey, just an FYI I was at the exact same place having finished the initiation hall but not having another guild quest pop up.

I read this and went in and did the key duplicate quest. I fought one wizard battle and won (thanks to my endless feeding of dragons and having lots of potions on hand). This completed the key duplicate quest and the wizard battle quest. I then immediately had the next guild quest for the meditation gazebo pop up along with another major quest for the forest spirits.

I hope this helps.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 13, 14 9:13 AM
@Midnightdreemz I'm actually getting dragon food almost every search. You might want to clear your cache and see if that helps.

I'm also getting a ghost almost every other search as well so maybe that's just me.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 10, 14 12:30 PM
Just accept them and they will go in your backpack. I don't think there's a limit on what you can hold. If they are artifact charges your more than likely going to need them eventually.

If your talking about backpack items that would make up an artifact you can of course gift them to some of your other neighbors if they request them.

For example I put an item I needed for the gleaming almanac on my wish list and received 9 of them. I accepted all of them and I have passed a few of them along to other neighbors.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 9, 14 11:49 AM
No that's happening to me as well. I feel bad but the only thing to do it reboot the game. Stinks as I'm trying to win points for my guild but I'm having a hard time getting into any competitions.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 7, 14 1:58 PM
The "shell" is a shotgun shell and not a sea shell. That one took me forever to figure out.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator