Posts created by jjmartin1340

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Feb 17, 18 6:57 AM
I think I was near the end when it froze up. BFG game me a game credit, but I'm curious about the ending of the game. Why did her mother abandon her 18 years earlier?

posted in All-Time Sudoku on Feb 11, 16 9:25 PM
I have been playing this daily for 6 weeks now, on level 4. When I had eight spots to fill, needing a 6 & 8 in each corner box, I realized it wouldn't matter which order I started, the puzzle would be correct two ways. Sure enough, when I filled them in, it did NOT say Solved. When I pressed Hint six times, it reversed those 2 spots in three corners. The board was correct either way. Not a big deal, the game is still fun, just have to remember that sometimes it can be wrong.

posted in Governor of Poker on May 18, 14 2:56 PM
I used this game for 2 years without a problem. Then I switched from WinXP to Win7. Every few days it would lose my player profile. On May 9 I went to the executable Big Fish Games\Governor of Poker\GovernorofPoker.exe, right-clicked it, and clicked on Troubleshoot Compatibility. It recommended WinXP SP2. I set it to this. Since then I have not lost my player profile. I have rebooted two or three times a day. Looks like it cured the problem.

posted in Governor of Poker on May 6, 14 1:10 PM
It's happening to me too lately, every few days to a week. Ran fine in WinXP, now in Win7 this happens. VERY annoying.

posted in Motor Town: Soul of the Machine on Feb 17, 13 8:58 PM
I just started the demo and have to search a Volkswagen Beetle, circa 1970s. Found the "trunk key" and hey - it opens the REAR of the car! And the engine is missing! Guess whoever created this game only had pictures of the car, never saw one in person. Or else it's supposed to be a heck of a customization, moving the engine from the back to the front.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ on Nov 4, 12 7:47 PM
I quit halfway through the trial. All the HOS were searching for morphing objects. I do NOT enjoy staring at a small part of the screen waiting for something to change.

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on Oct 17, 12 10:46 PM
I kept trying, and finally got through the chess board problem. Finished the game shortly after. Too many of the puzzles just need trial and error, not logic. I won't buy any more in this series.

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on Oct 16, 12 10:30 PM
I got to the chess board, but I'm too old to follow the lights. I lose more men than I get, so I can't finish it. Most games have a puzzle 'Skip' button that becomes active after a certain number of tries or time. Why doesn't this?????

posted in Governor of Poker on Jul 2, 12 12:27 PM
I enjoy this game, been doing a lot of time-wasting with it lately. I find it quite realistic (I play poker for fun each week at the senior's centre) and find the computer players are similar to us amateurs - some will always call with the worst pair (which makes it hard to bluff).

I usually play in Easy mode at double speed, and when I fold I click Fold & Skip, so the game goes pretty fast. The secret to winning a tournament is to last until there are only winners left (5 left out of 16, for example, although the least winner basically just gets the entry fee back). Only bet when you've got a very good hand, and NEVER call a raise (unless it's impossible for you to be beaten). I manage to get into the winner's circle about 80-90% of the time. When you're at the final table, almost never play a hand, just wait for the others to knock each other out.

The regular non-tournament games are nice since the blinds never get bigger. I found the secret to winning heads-up is if the other player checks, always bet the minimum. 90% of the time he'll fold; the rest of the time he's slow-playing, and you can fold.

Of course no strategy is 100%, but I'm happy to win 80% of my games. There will always be times when the board flops A-K-2 and you have A-K and bet, but an opponent has pocket 2s and keeps calling until you've bet everything you have.

I found the game's strategy was seriously defective once. An Ace-high straight came on the board, no possible flushes, so everyone would be playing the board for a split pot. I bet anyway (I do this at a real game, hoping someone will fold without realizing they can't lose; with us old folks, it occasionally works). In this game both of the other players folded!

I haven't tried playing the Hard setting, when I'm killing time I like to win.

So I'm quite happy with this game. I've played it many more hours than any other computer game (in the last six months, anyway; Windows Solitaire is the lifetime winner, of course).

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on Jun 16, 12 7:30 PM
I'm sorry I bought this game. Even with the walkthrough I can't get through it. I can't fold the piece of paper the right way, and until you do you cannot proceed. Most games have a 'skip' option which becomes available after a few minutes of trying, but not this game. I'm long past the days when I would spend hours trying to figure out a problem.

posted in Governor of Poker on May 28, 12 10:05 PM
I had a hand in the game where the table cards were 4 kings and an ace. It is not possible for anyone to have a better hand, so all players are playing the table for a split pot. However, in real life, if 4 of a kind show with the fifth card not an ace (say, 4 queens and a king) I will always raise to signify I have an ace. if someone believes me and folds, and no one really has an ace, I will make a profit by splitting the pot fewer ways. If someone HAS an ace, I lose, but that's poker.
In this case, there is no way for anyone to make a better hand than playing the table, so no one should have folded. But in this case both of my opponents folded.
The game was set to Easy mode, but Easy should not equal Stupid.
I'm finding the game a lot of fun aside from this one hand.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Feb 7, 12 1:30 PM
I am also stuck here. Did you ever find a solution?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator