Posts created by HeatherDay

posted in Mystery Tales: The House of Others Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 17 9:12 AM
Review is based on 19 minutes of Demo. No tech issues on Win 7 64-bit pro which has also become a very finicky laptop Again, no tech issues.

This is probably a very good game. Great graphics and voice-overs. The puzzles were decent and the one HOS I encountered was too easy but nicely done.
However, I quit early in the demo because of all the cut-scenes. It seemed after every click I made there was a cut-scene to follow. Granted, most cut-scenes lasted one second or less BUT as we reviewers have stated before: We're here to play a game, NOT WATCH A MOVIE!
I quit when the gimmick came into play.

This is my personal opinion so try for yourself. I might just be having an off day. I'll save it in the manager for some other time.
Happy gaming and remember to respect all fishies in this huge pond of ours!

posted in Nevertales: Forgotten Pages Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 17 11:26 AM
crispypot wrote:I `m not sure Bobhillman, i know my AVG was a problem and wouldn`t let me load games so i turned it off and games loaded fine, not sure what this latest issue is ???? someone did post a while ago and say if you have over 100 games then BFG would not load anymore, not sure if that``s right or not but i do have hundred`s of games, just frustrating when you pay for summat and you can`t get it grrrr

Hi crispypot. Do you have 100 games stored in your BF Game Manager?
You can uninstall games from the Manager and you can always download again from this website under Your Account > Purchase History.

ps. I also didn't know there was a limited amount of games the BF Game Manager could hold. I just delete when done and reinstall a year or 2 later to play again.

posted in Nevertales: Forgotten Pages Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 17 5:07 PM
I bought it and I don't regret the purchase!!

posted in Nevertales: Forgotten Pages Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 17 4:36 PM
I checked my game before replying. All worked well on my Win7.
I tend to delete the demo from the Big Fish Game DownLoader before I purchase a game.
Make sense? Delete the demo before purchasing full game.
If that doesn't do the trick, go to our Tech Pages. But I honestly think the downloader already sees the game and is giving you a glitch. Uninstall, reinstall. Hope this helps!

posted in Nevertales: Forgotten Pages Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 17 2:47 PM
No tech issues running Win7 64bit pro laptop.
Possible SPOILERS! You've been warned!

My mouth waters when someone mentions MadHead Games (I own Maze: The broken Tower and all 4 chapters of Adam Wolfe).
I've never been a fan of NeverTales, at least until now. Wow!
I purchased and it's downloading NeverTales ( ) : Forgotten Pages as I'm typing.

I was intrigued from the very beginning. 1.) The opening cut-scene did NOT begin with a child in danger, a monster, or a car crash. 2.) The opening cut-scene was apporox 5 seconds.

From then on, it just got better. The HO's are the same but different, if that makes any sense.
The puzzles.... OOOH I wanna play the puzzles (that's why I purchased the game)! The puzzles I encountered during demo are NOT ORDINARY and they make you THINK!

During the demo we obviously encounter the 'creature.'
But actually finding him was very innovative of MadHead! Kudos!

Possible Spoiler below! You've Been Warned Again!

She (being you, the character) says to creature: "Hey you, Stop!"
And it was a Wolverine impersonator! Oh how I laughed! That made my day! I love you, MadHead!!

Another thing before I sign off. I don't care the length of the game. Yes, I was in chap 2 of demo when I decided to purchase but for me,
It's the quality, the story, the GAME, not the length or timeframe.
I work and on my days off, I like to enjoy a game from beginning to end.
I don't want to start a game and have to close out because I gotta do something in real-life. When I do that, I lose the story, objectives, etc.
I want to start a game and finish it in one sitting. 4+ hours is good for me. With 4 hours, my crazy brain can keep up with the story & objectives.
Even if I wasn't working, a good 4 hr game is enough to keep me satisfied.

Before I forget, the collectable is a book but has a heart-shape. At least during demo, it may be harder to find further on. Idk yet

Happy Gaming and remember to respect all fishies in this huge pond of ours

Joanken wrote:If you quit the game and re-enter the hint button works again, but only for a short time.

same happened to me today on second demo try. I can back out of scene, come back in and skip works fine. Then on next puzzle, she (the skip button) doesn't work again! However, backing out and resuming game will allow the skip button to work.

Too much hoopla for me. Awesome game but will wait for fixes.

Like I said before, I'll wait until Monday to check my vid card. We all work and I'm tired. Monday I'll post if updating is required.

I enjoyed Memories of Shadowfield as I do all Mystery Trackers. The graphics are spot on and the voice-overs seemed fitting. However, I played only until the (I believe) second puzzle when the skip button stopped working. I will try Memories of Shadowfield again and give a more appropriate review.

[I had to give a quick review because my original post was just "happy birthday, judy!" See below. The mods graciously gave me 24hrs to add a review before deleting my post all together. Would not want to do that to judy! ]

Updated review based on demo.
I really want to purchase this game but when I set hint & skip at 15 seconds, I EXPECT the skip to charge at 15 secs and not tell me "it's charging" after a minute goes by.
Also, I turned off the task pop-ups because, you know, they're annoying lol. But still had them right along with those dang sparkles.
The beta testers failed us on the CE (my opinion); I'm thinking the SE will be a better purchase. Maybe BF doesn't have our usual beta testers? Or maybe the Dev's didn't listen to our testers?...I don't know.

Anyway, as far as collectibles, someone mentioned you can not go back to find them. I don't know about the full game but during the demo, the pop up window and pointer (which turns to a magnify glass) will stay available until you find the collectible.

With all due respect to the Devs, I really enjoy Mystery Trackers and their stories. This particular story is intriguing (my opinion). I would've finished the demo but the skip stopped working (again!) at the door-puzzle in the entrance hall. I backed out, came back in and the amphibian was there ready to skip. I just quit. It's very, very frustrating not being able to keep with the flow of game.

Would I recommend this game? As it plays on my Win7 64bit, No I would not.
Would I recommend after minor glitches (sparkles, task pop-ups, skip) are fixed? Yes! I WANT TO PLAY IT, TOO!

Happy Birthday, Judy!

Thank you bfgBeruna. I'll check vid card on Monday est and will post if that was actually the problem.

Same as Joanken, the skip isn't working.
I'm using custom mode with hint & skip set at 15 seconds, each. Skip isn't working (I like to save my puzzles for when/if I purchase a game).
I also have sparkles turned off but I'm still seeing those blasted things.
Win 7 64bit pro

Same here.

posted in Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition on May 13, 17 2:15 PM
Running Win 7, 64-bit.
The game runs so hot on my pc it will cause auto-shutdown.

Sent in my Dr. Felix.

Thank you in advance.

posted in Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition on May 13, 17 1:40 PM
Possible spoiler.
You've been warned.

Playing on Win7 64 bit.
My pc started running so hot to the point of auto shut-down that I only got 17 mins into the demo. I'll send in a Felix report.

Possible spoiler:

Bogdan: "What are you doing here? The fog is dangerous. Follow me."
And we go into the cave I clicked to begin with (which was/is the obvious trigger for Bogdan .
Men lol

I didn't mind the graphics in the short time I played. I've seen way worse!
I also didn't mind the silhouette place-hidden objects in the very beginning.
I’ll add another review if/when I can play this demo. As of now, I think it’s my pc and not BF nor the game itself.
Respect to all fishies in this huge pond of ours
And happy gaming, all

posted in Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope on May 10, 17 10:58 PM
kandinsky,

You, sir or madame, gave me a reason to try this game again.

I do love the Adam Wolfe series but no, I wasn't spoiled. I actually prefer the older HO games.
With Adelantado Trilogy, yes, I was spoiled but that's a different genre.

I have no issue with, oh what do we call it? no issue with the grammer we see from translations or issue with spelling. English is the hardest language to learn and Google Translate is ummm..... funny
Translations are more funny then annoying (to me).

After trying Embrace of Ocean again, I still have nothing bad to say about the game. There is just no umpff for me to carry on.
I feel there is no reason for me to play the game.
Which is crazy for me to say because with the newer HO games, I know where the pieces are to open this to unlock that in the newer HOs. And I generally know the culprit from the beginning of the game(s). I don't purchase those games, either.

But with this game, I didn't know where to find the object to open the next object. I had to think
A major plus in my book!

There's just no umpff for me to carry on as Hope.
After playing the demo 2x, I have to say this is not a cult game for me. i just don't see a reason to play.
It is that slow.

As always, try for yourself!
Respect to all the fishies in this huge pond we swim in

edited for sentence structure and to add another "umpff"

posted in Space Mosaics on May 10, 17 10:01 PM
lol lvd04 I'm feeling your pain.
I purchased one of their mosaics in April of 2016 because I absolutely love the brain tease but yet, I'm still waiting for the Devs to fix the bugs...
I don't know. Maybe they try to keep up with the Fantasy Mosaics?

Okay, all complaints aside,
Running Win7 64bit with no problem downloading, installing, or running demo.

I did get past the 3rd level. The colors are basic. The pictures are brilliant. The demo is perfect. I always turn off the music so no opinion there.
I, personally, will not purchase this game until they fix World's Greatest Places.

Respect to all fishies in this huge pond of ours

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set on May 10, 17 9:44 PM
HI JessF,
Yes, there is a timer and you probably found it by now.

I haven't purchased the game, yet, but I do know a pop-up will come at the end of your puzzle which shows how many stars you earned along with the time it took for you to complete the puzzle.
As the poster also said, you're not being TIMED during the puzzle. The timer is for you to beat your previous time. Or maybe (because, again, I only demo'd) the timer is for all the profiles playing? hmmm interesting thought. If that's the case then there's finally a game where I can beat my sons' times lol

Like I said, you probably realized this yourself.

Respect to all fishies swimming in this huge pond
-HeatherDay

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set on May 9, 17 4:01 PM
MacAy, I'm sorry to hear your having troubles with Fantasy Mosaics.
With Fantasy Mosaics (because it tends to lock my pc) I do ctr/alt/det and choose Task Manager. From Task Manager, I scroll until I see Fantasy Mosaics, right click, close app ...and she shuts down. I know, it's a pain.

posted in Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope on May 9, 17 11:50 AM
No issues downloading, installing or game-play. Using Win7 64bit on laptop.

I really, really wanted to enjoy this game because Yes, it's old school.
With that said, I don't think I would have purchased it 5 or 7 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, everything worked great and I especially enjoyed the mini-games (which were plenty during demo) and I love any & all that are ocean games. But Embrace of Ocean just didn't do it for me.
I generally skip cut scenes in our newer, cookie-cutter games but I skipped nothing during this demo. So It's not the storyline that turned me off.
There were plenty, I think 7, of mini-games during the demo (totally enjoyed!) and two HOS. The HOS were hard on these old eyes but I think I used the hint maybe 3x overall.
As another (respected) reviewer posted, the hint IS hard to find (it's the banner that says Hint and Not the glowing orb above the banner) but when found, the hint is very useful for us aging fish during HOS.

So, why don't I like this game? I can't pinpoint the reason. I mean, everything is there that I love! Maybe it started too slow for my taste (yes, it's slow during demo). IDK.
Although I did enjoy making "coffee" for a certain someone lol

We've been screaming for games similar to Embrace of Ocean's mechanics so I honestly think it's just me.
I have 45mins left of the demo. I'll keep Embrace of Ocean in my Game Manager will try again using a different profile within the week. Seriously, I want to like this game so I'll try again. If I don't like it the second time around, I hope to be able to post a reason WHY I didn't enjoy.

Respect to all fishies in our huge pond!

posted in Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope on May 9, 17 10:25 AM
I doubt it divaprods. If there is a CE, the game's main page will have a link to the CE. Also, Big Fish likes to put the CE's up first before the SE.

Happy gaming & respect to all fishies in our huge pond!

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 21: On the Movie Set on May 9, 17 10:04 AM
caput wrote:I love the mosaic games but, for both this one and the last one, the game will not shut down when I exit and freezes up the whole computer. The shift/ctrl/del does not work and I have to reboot the computer to get rid of it. Is this some kind of glitch?

Same thing happens to me, Caput. I run Win 7 and sometimes have to use the task manager to exit the game.

Other than that, I do love Fantasy Mosiacs. I own the original along with 6, 7, 12 & 14. I enjoy the six-color palette of the newer games but the devs shoot these games out so quick that I never know which one(s) to purchase (my purse says I can't purchase them all)!

I enjoyed this particular demo the most and I think it's because we are finally seeing different puzzles (during demo anyway).
The colors are soft, reminiscent of early spring.
The music in all the FM games are annoying to me so it's an automatic mute.

FM 21 is on my list to purchase.

edited
I wrote "Try the demo and see for yourself. Happy gaming, all!" at the end and then posted. However, Classicaljazz must have posted those very same words while I was still typing (great minds think alike!) so I came back in to delete mine.

hmmm maybe I'll say Respect to all fishies who swim in our huge pond!

posted in Dark Dimensions: Vengeful Beauty Collector's Edition on May 7, 17 12:07 PM
Hi gooberfred,
You may have already found it and/or figured out there is a Strategy Guide with this game.
I only played the demo so no, I don't know where the item is you are looking for. Good luck and happy gaming!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator