Posts created by xenawonderwoman

posted in Grim Facade: The Red Cat Collector's Edition on Oct 23, 16 1:36 PM
when cutting the red gem I get a "run time "error message and the game shuts down, what can be done about this?

posted in Grim Facade: The Red Cat Collector's Edition on Oct 23, 16 12:15 PM
this has happened twice already, so I know it's a game glitch. when I get to the part where I have to draw a pattern to cut the red gem from (the gem cutting machine is in my inventory) I finished the pattern and it looks like it will continue BUT...the screen flashes that dreaded error message about terminating the program and it closes.
thought it was a one time thing, but I re-opened the game found myself in the same spot (having to trace the pattern for the gem) and when I finished the pattern, the error message came up again and closes the game ..again! cant get past this...it is clearly a game issue
Has anyone else had this problem?
Please look into this, this is a great installment of this series and I'm a big fan of ERS games. this one doesn't disappoint in any way.....expect this one glitch!

posted in Fear for Sale: City of the Past Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 15 8:47 AM
I am, like a lot of other people on forum, screwed and stuck after playing almost 90% of this game because I didnt get the "wire" that was supposed to be on the mailbox..etc.
I dont understand why, with all the impressive tech tricks and short cuts any tech whiz can do these days, do we have to start these games again to correct the glitch that is NOT our fault!!??? This is beyond frustrating because we will not be playing the game enjoying it at all the second time around, but rushing through to get to the spot where we were stuck.
I am not speaking as a tech whiz myself, but I cant believe there isnt SOME way of just doing an update to this game where we can just pick up wherever we've left off in the game and just have this missing object put into our inventory list. Why cant this be done? That would be a perfect solution and make everyone deliriously happy! Is it really impossible to do? If so, I think as paying customers, we deserve some sort of explanation other than "just start over". That solution puts me off completely and I have left games unfinished because of this, especially when I am almost 90% through.
I do regret missing out on the bonus game play. If there was a way to make that accessible when we are stuck in the main game play, that would also make a lot of people happy! At least I would feel like I got SOME of my money's worth!

posted in Beyond the Invisible: Evening on Mar 11, 15 7:37 PM
I can't get past this glitch. I am at the lower town part with NOTHING in my inventory and I can't get the imp to do anything because it keeps asking for energy and I know I clicked on these lights when I could find them but it hasn't charged him at all. Now I am stuck and I have backtracked throughout every single scene and I can't find anything . Help!!!

Ok, I know this seems crazy to reply to my OWN post, but I cant believe nobody else has had this problem??? ANYBODY???
Just curious if anyone else has encountered this?

Problem with the hook and strap combination in the burning church. This disappears after I combine them and now I'm stuck! Help!!

I knew it was too good to be true! Playing almost all the way through and BAM! Glitch!!!!!
I am in the burning church, trying to save the abbot and I'm supposed to combine the hook and the strap. When I did that, the whole image just disappears! It seems to fly off the screen somewhere but doesn't show. The hook image is still in my inventory but when I go to grab it again, nothing happens! I still see some flying image flash and then nothing! Now I'm stuck!! I exited the game but same thing happens.
Please fix this!!!!

posted in Psycho Train on Nov 5, 14 6:13 PM
Yes ! I'm having that same problem too! Glad it's not just me. Everything was running smoothly, really enjoying this game and then BAM! right when I'm almost towards the end of it comes a glitch and I'm hopelessly stuck! I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I've noticed this happening more and more lately. Why does this have to happen after I've already played for hours and made the majority progress through the game? ???? This is really frustrating and annoying.
Please find a fix for this soon!!!

posted in Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind Collector's Edition on Oct 13, 14 7:48 AM
I have never encountered this much of a delay and a problem on any game that I have bought in all the years I have used BFG. The non-response from the Tech Support is even more aggravating. Why this "wall of silence"? No one seems to have received this new update in their game manager list, (I tried again this morning, 4 DAYS NOW!!) so there is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed. At least give us some response. I understand Tech issues can take time but leaving your loyal customers dangling without an answer is inexcusable!
We have all been patient but this is truly pushing our limits. Please respond in some manner to his issue because it has been unresolved for over a week now.

posted in Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 14 7:44 AM
I'm having the same issue, glad to see its not just me! Also frustrated by this! I have checked just this morning (again!) and still no update in my queue, I also do the manual update button, I have sent a tech support request but no response yet. My only consolation is that the most recent CE "League of Light" has been so delightful and satisfying its taken the edge off this particular aggravation.....but its STILL there!!
Please address this issue ASAP!!

posted in Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 14 7:25 AM
I have sent my Dr.Felix report as recommended, I hope this will help speed up the process of getting this glitch fixed. Very frustrating to have this beautiful game just sitting on my computer unplayed because i have to wait (almost a whole week now) for this issue to be addressed. This seems to affect a good portion of the users who have this game so I hope its given some serious attention. This glitch happened after about 90% of the game had been played and its unreasonable to start this over because of something that just needs to be tweaked. If I was able to go back and get this item it would not be an issue but it seems like everyone else is having the same problem with the map, that it shows an open field (with no lock on it) yet when you click on it, it says "cant go there". Thats how I'm feeling about this whole situation right now!
Please attend to this issue ASAP so that I can play out some of my moneys' worth that I spent on this game. I would expect a CE (which costs double what a regular game does) would have higher standards and a more careful checkpoint system to make sure that those of is who choose to spend our money get something that works without unreasonable glitches.

posted in Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind Collector's Edition on Oct 6, 14 7:57 AM
Yes, it seems like man people are having this problem regardless of their OS and it needs to be fixed ASAP! This is a wonderful game and its a shame that this glitch keeps people from enjoying it. Too bad it couldnt have happened earlier in the game instead of 90% of the way through. Thats what makes it more frustrating!

posted in Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind Collector's Edition on Oct 5, 14 11:33 AM
Help! This is obviously a problem that too many people are having to ignore with just a blanket "check the tech manual" answer. This is a problem of the game itself. I too have found myself stuck at the gate looking for the greenbat weight in my inventory that I can't get because I can't go back in the map to the scene that has this item I need to interact with. I love this game and would like to finish it without restarting. At this point those of us who have reached this blockade have played about 90% of the game and it's really unfair (not to mention aggravating! ) to rewind everything that we've done jus because no one wants to take responsibility for making a mistake. Please see what can be done ASAP so that those of us who paid our money can enjoy it!
I am on a windows 7 laptop.

posted in Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty Collector's Edition on Apr 29, 12 9:42 AM
tracy813 wrote:Same problem with the suitcase outside near the robot. It was a saw that disappeared, which you need to cut the rusty door in mediums house. What do I do now???

PLEASE, ANYBODY...HELP!!!!
I had the same problem, I opened the suitcase and also grabbed a saw, then I got an "access..inventory..violation" message, then it disappeared. Nothing in my inventory to helo me progress in the game. Please help, I would like to finish since I am so close. Update??? Tech help??
ANYONE else had this problem?

posted in Dark Dimensions: Wax Beauty Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 12 12:07 PM
What is going on????
Has anyone else had this problem?....I have gotten to the last chapter (after the robot starts and I go to the tarot card reader's house..I play the HOS scenes and games in the house and I go back to the gate (where the robot was) and I use the key in the chest, when I go to retrieve the inventory item (i think it was a shovel, it happened really fast) I get an error message popping up about "inventory..access..violation" and I thought my game and computer would shut off, but it didnt, I clicked OK, the message disappeared, but so did the item I should have picked up!!! I cant advance in the game without this. I can still maneuver throughout the game, but what's the point? I cant do anything! I tried logging out of the game, restart my computer, etc. I am stuck. Planning an update for this because I see other users have had similar problems.
This is a beautifully designed game and I would like to finish it and play the Bonus chapter, but I dont know why this glitch happened. PLease help!

Wow! Thanks so much for the update, it was perfect! Right after I downloaded it, I started the game again, and it began EXACTLY where I left off, with the missing shovel, but it was there! Game played through perfectly to the end! Very happy to have finished it and can now experience the Bonus chapter. LOVE these types of games, keep them coming!

posted in Sonya Collector's Edition on Sep 4, 11 4:15 PM
I too downloaded the update and I thought I would have to replay this game from the start (which I was dreading) but when I opened up my game after the update I was happy to find I was still on the same level as I was before...HOWEVER... it STILL had the half black screen that we've all been complaining about. So I just sighed and replayed the game from the beginning with a new profile . When I got to the spot I was stuck at, I found that it played perfectly all the way through to the end.....no glitches, no half-black screens at all. Overall, I enjoyed this game VERY much and I'm glad I didn't feel like I wasted my money on another Collectors Edition that either was not long enough or challenging enough. As far as I'm concerned to justify that extra price , the least it should have is extra content (l.ike extra chapters related to the story) that isn't just 5 minutes long. This game didn't disappoint me with that, either. The bonus chapter was just as engaging as the entire game adventure. This game was very challenging and full of a good variety of minigames within the adventure. Please make more like these and kudos to SpecialBit for a great adventure!

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition on May 12, 11 6:57 PM
Having the same problem...no glitches until I get to the camera, adjusted the image now I don't have a photo plate? I went back to the graveyard, looked at the statue , with the rose that I replaced, but there is no photo plate there and I don't have one in my inventory, what can i do now?

xenawonderwoman wrote:Help!
I purchased this game without downloading the trial version and I loved it right away! Have been playing all day without any problems. Then.....
I'm at the point where I'm in room #6, persecuted man, and the strategy guide says to cut the wires about the mans head (near tv monitor) I did that, with the wire cutters, and he's supposed to be freed and give me the eye puzzle. Well, I waited and clicked but nothing happens! He doesnt give me anything and doesnt change his status at all , everything stays the same, he doesnt move, I cant get to the next stage, (going through the electric fence) until I complete this. I have to cut off the electricity somehow. I cant get the cutters back and I've tried exiting the game but nothing changes.
I hope this can be corrected.I really like this game its the kind I dont mind spending a little extra.....if it works! I really dont want to have to start this from the beginning since I've progressed so far.
Thank you!

Please, I need a reply to this problem. I would really like to continue with this game, but I am still stuck as I've described above. Really appreciate a reply!!!
Thanks!!!

Help!
I purchased this game without downloading the trial version and I loved it right away! Have been playing all day without any problems. Then.....
I'm at the point where I'm in room #6, persecuted man, and the strategy guide says to cut the wires about the mans head (near tv monitor) I did that, with the wire cutters, and he's supposed to be freed and give me the eye puzzle. Well, I waited and clicked but nothing happens! He doesnt give me anything and doesnt change his status at all , everything stays the same, he doesnt move, I cant get to the next stage, (going through the electric fence) until I complete this. I have to cut off the electricity somehow. I cant get the cutters back and I've tried exiting the game but nothing changes.
I hope this can be corrected.I really like this game its the kind I dont mind spending a little extra.....if it works! I really dont want to have to start this from the beginning since I've progressed so far.
Thank you!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator