Posts created by citygirlretired

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug on Oct 19, 13 10:31 PM
Ihave been backand forth from the gunshop to the lighthouse, and no 2nd door - I thought i got the one after playing the shopping boxes game ..I need a 2nd lighthouse!

great .. where is the frog .... and is there a walkthru?

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Aug 1, 12 6:15 PM
Nothing wrong the game, could not SEE good enough to find one that was missing ... lost is found, game is done and I am no longer fussing about it I love this place.

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Jul 28, 12 7:06 PM
I'm tired/ along with comments about things being too small - and the hints being useless most of the t ime, and that head is even a waste of space ... the game and it's walk thru give different game requirements .... specifically, walk thru shows need of 9 MUSHROOMS, fairy book says 12 ... ran through this several times, uesless head says 12 ,,,. only 9 mushrooms available so the fairy ring will not populate and I cannot enter the next realm, meaning I can't go ANYwhere .. I even went to the store and tried to buy some... no deal. This is not fun and I'm disappointed. There is way too much guesswork as to what/wehre is next.
Some tweeking is in order - hopefully a 2nd game will have these things fixed.
Oh Yes, I went to the forum, over 20 people have looked, no one has made any comments .... so right now I am not recommending this game.

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Jul 28, 12 1:49 PM
Not at this point - the game and the walk thru are at odds, the useless hint head is out of touch, the hint button is dense -doesn't give a hint beyond the obvious...Some tweeking needed ... otherwise it's pretty fun, Some of the next moves are not obvious enough with the walk thru.

posted in A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets on Jul 27, 12 11:18 PM
trying to figure out where 3 more mushrooms are hiding - even tried to buy some .. the book says there are 12, and the useless hint person says 12; the walkthru says there are 9 mushrooms, and I have 9 mushrooms ... been way too long tonight hunting 3 mushrooms.
This is not my favorite game, needs a lot of tweeking .. hints are nearly useless,, I 'need to active the gazebo'.. duuhh .. things like that.
Back to the mushrooms, can anyone help me here?
\//////////////////////

Well I got out a magnifying glass and searched thru everything - I was short a mushroom but I did find it .... I have focus issues and just wasn't seeing everything ... so all is well

Many thanks for that Walkthru connection .... could not have finished without it ... there was quite a bit of running to and fro, and I missed a couple of things and had to back track - good fun, well done, lovely grpahics.

Thanks for the tips and the screen shot - have not been there - seems I have gotten by some things and managed to get stuck .... I will go to the walkthrough, have found those to be so helpful in a couple of other games (hahahaha - couple??)

....I'm an hour into not getting anywhere at all - the strategy guide is not user friendly - trying to find a fourth chess piece supposedly in the womens changing area, which is upstairs ,,, how to get there - but just read there is an egyptian coffin and need embalming fluid to get the piece ??? HUH??
I'd really like the strategy guide to be useful going back, I misread a line and couldnt' go find it again ... good game, but some frustrations.

Just finished the CE ... and it was fun .. have not done the bonus yet though. I want to make a point about the CE Strategy Guide ... eeeh .. I ended up coming here for the WALKTHRU as it made more sense .. The graphics are beautiful, the traveling around was reasonable, but some of the hints were frustrating.
I really liked taking out the spiders..wow, that was fun .. and the dart action was cool, too.
I'm not trying to discourage you - just a bit of a heads up, especially if you are fairly new. I most definitely RECOMMEND THIS GAME.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time on Jun 26, 12 3:55 PM
I READ THE REVIEWS AND THE FORUM ISSUES.... and I'm off to buy this game right now ... the reviews are tremendous ... I appreciate having all this 'contact'

posted in Pride & Prejudice: Hidden Anthologies on Jun 26, 12 3:43 PM
Thank goodness I read the reviews - as usual - this looks to be a loser folks, and that is meant for you guys at BFG ... perhaps itneeds to be removed from inventory or sold off on a 99 cent special. This is the first time i have seen so many reviews that are so not complimentary. Again - YES THE REVIEWS ARE HELPFUL.

Due to an eye problem I have trouble with focus and everything small takes me a bit to get 'right' .. I'm interested in buying this one - I really enjoy these games, and you all make it sound pretty fun!

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jun 21, 12 8:43 AM
I did post in the forum - but since I usually oniy read comments - thought to put it here also I RECOMMEND THIS GAME if you want some fun, not overly dark, nor overly challenging.
I had never replayed a game - but i did this one - and it seems I went places and saw things i didn't the first t ime around! That really added to the adventure .... I do admit to living off the HINTS - and SKIPS .. really appreciate having those options. I did get lost a couple of times - but instead of frustrating I found it amusing because I knnew the problem was operator error and not the game being obtuse!
I wrote a review when I first got it - and still give it a BIG THMBS UP.

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on Jun 21, 12 8:34 AM
Well I thought it was fun and didnt care about the flowers. I had never replayed a game - but i did this one - and it seems I went places and saw things i didn't the first t ime around! That really added to the adventure .... I do admit to living off the HINTS - and SKIPS .. really appreciate having those options. I did get lost a couple of times - but instead of frustrating I found it amusing because I knnew the problem was operator error and not the game being obtuse!
I wrote a review when I first got it - and still give it a BIG THMBS UP.

posted in Azkend 2: The World Beneath on Jun 6, 12 5:02 PM
The whole thing sounds so enticing - but I usually need untimed games due to glaucoma issues and focus - meaning I am s l o w.

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal on Jun 2, 12 3:18 PM
June 2012- seems to be an older game, HO's are kind of obscured, story is ok, graphics are nice and clear, bathymobile is a hoot, I want one ... game is not nearly long enough ... anything I can do in a weekend is too short! but it was fun, and sometihng I can gift my 15 y/o grandaughter - some of the games are so dark and gruesome I don't provide them!
It ends with " ... TO BE CONTINUED ..' was it?

posted in Vacation Quest: Australia on Jun 2, 12 3:00 PM
Just ran across this forum ... I played this game earlier this year (2012) and enjoyed it thoroughly. Travelling around and reading the tidbits of info was fun, and having some differnt things to do was entertaining ... I did write a review - gave it 5's and YES recommend. I have played London and am still travelling thru Vancouver - got held up in the Hellas games .. NOW THAT WAS FUN ... waiting for a #4 on that one.
But back to Australia - if you like games that aren't stressful but do keep your attention - I RECOMMEND THIS ONE ...

posted in Azkend 2: The World Beneath on May 12, 12 1:26 PM
I AM SO THANKFUL I READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING ...... I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT BASED ON 'THINKING' IT MEANT THERE WAS AN UNTIMED MODE.
Devs...are you gonna fix this? It got my attention right away - which is why I checked out the commments .... I shall find something else for now, Thanks again for all the honest comments.

posted in Azkend 2: The World Beneath on May 12, 12 1:20 PM
Spookys mom did you get this fixed???

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator