Posts created by HatesTimers

posted in Set Sail - Caribbean on Apr 6, 17 10:32 AM
smjjames wrote:No relax mode? Dang, that'd be a no buy for me as well.

I let a level time out and it let me keep playing, and when I finished that level it let me go on to the next one.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Sep 19, 16 8:40 PM
The odd thing is when I visit White wolf's island the screen is centered on a cursed person (the one who would be de-cursed next), but it isn't possible to ask for help with a cursed person until they have been given mana and have started their de-cursing dance.

Then I remembered another bug, the one where the game doesn't save on exit. My guess is that White wolf did give that cursed person mana, then asked for help to speed the de-cursing, and then left the game before it auto-saved. The request for help had already been sent to the help notification program that tells other players when someone needs help. However, since White wolf's game was last saved before the cursed person in the game received mana, there is no way for anyone to give help, and so the help notification program is never told that help has been given.

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on May 10, 15 3:18 PM
Wait, that's not bacon! Those are flobberworms!

posted in ReignMaker on Jan 29, 15 9:57 AM
The farm, lumber mill, and foundry just produce food, wood, and metal. Check them now and then to collect those resources. Upgrading them increases the max amount of resources they can accumulate.

The granary converts food to population, but once population is 1600+ everything will be unlocked, and the granary isn't needed anymore. A tiny amount of food is still needed to hire people in the town hall.

Upgrading the town hall lets you hire more types of people.

Upgrading the armory lets you research more types of weapons, but you also have to defeat the tower that has the plans for a weapon before you can research it.

The Blacksmith makes more of a weapon that you've already researched in the armory. At first you can only have 5 of each. I *think* upgrading allows 5 more of each per level, but the game didn't give me that immediately, I had to play more towers before I got to store more. My guess is that both upgrading the blacksmith and reaching a certain point in the game are needed.

Upgrading the academy lets you research higher level spells. I like spells because once you have them, you can keep using them without having to pay any more triads, while hired people and weapons have to be bought again after each use.

The stuff you find on the battlefield is converted to a number of triads (the game currency), except for the scrolls. You get an achievment for collecting at least one scroll from every type of monster.

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on Jan 18, 15 1:18 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote:Does anyone know if, when you change swords, the rune stones stay on the sword?

When I tried that a few months ago, the runes stayed on the sword I had placed them on. I only got the benefit when using that sword, but the runes aged the same whether I was using the sword or not.

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on Jan 16, 15 6:52 PM
I just did two quests (one each for Nate and his girl), and I got ZERO event progress from them. I did get tokens and such, but no event progress.

Safety station turn-ins did give 13 event progress.

Is that how it's supposed to be?

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on Jan 8, 15 2:12 PM
I think Nate's birthday event started around mid January last year.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Nov 20, 14 3:29 PM
I permabigafied a monster on plant island, and his image on gold was also bigafied. When I toggled his bigness off on plant, it was off on gold as well. I couldn't have him big on one island and small on the other.

I would guess that teleporting a monster to ethereal island would lose the bigafy, just as it loses the level.

posted in Risen Dragons on Nov 3, 14 7:17 PM
Amegami wrote:
HatesTimers wrote:I used stars to buy the buffs for my dragons, but when I start the game, the dragons do little damage, as if they don't have any buffs. Going into the screen where you purchase skills with stars does NOT help. If I actually *buy* some skill, then the dragons' buffs are restored, at least until the next time I run the game.

Is there any way to re-buff the dragons withour purchasing a skill? I'm running low on un-bought skills.

Buffs applies evenly as Dragon progress during battle from level 1 to level 10

??????

Your reply ignores what I wrote. I said nothing at all about the dragon's level. I was talking about the permenant buffs that you buy with stars. If I leave and reenter the game, those buffs are NOT active. Entering the skill tree will reactivate some other skills, but it doesn't help with the dragon's buffs. If I BUY a new skill, such as an upgrade to a tower, then the dragon's buffs are active again, at least until I exit the game.

I test to see if the buffs are working by replaying the first level with the red dragon. I place him on the nearest spot to the portal, and if he's buffed, he can easily fry the bugs as they emerge. If his buffs aren't working, he falls behind and the bugs get by him.

posted in Risen Dragons on Nov 2, 14 5:13 PM
I used stars to buy the buffs for my dragons, but when I start the game, the dragons do little damage, as if they don't have any buffs. Going into the screen where you purchase skills with stars does NOT help. If I actually *buy* some skill, then the dragons' buffs are restored, at least until the next time I run the game.

Is there any way to re-buff the dragons withour purchasing a skill? I'm running low on un-bought skills.

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on Sep 9, 14 11:23 AM
I got my custom trinket, and it is VERY nice. Incidentally, the "odds" part is a fixed percentage, and stays the same as you level, unlike regular trinkets where the odds shrink to near zero after a few levels.

I selected mana, mana, plus to odds, and I got (highlight to read):
-----------
Plus 7.5 percent to odds and plus 10 to max mana.
-----------

posted in Farm Up on Aug 17, 14 3:49 PM
I had the same problem as qtpi1203. When I started the game after updating, I looked around a little, then started upgrading some machines (the first of the two new upgrades for each machine.) First dairy, then bakery, then after the first textile machine the program ended with an access violation. I ran the game again and all the quest bubbles were gone.

I had backed up the save just before the upgrade, so I restored the save, and uninstalled/reinstalled the program. I went back in and began upgrading the machines in the same pattern, and It bombed out again on the same textile machine.

So I restored the save again and reentered the game. This time I started with upgrading the problem machine first, then the others. The game had no problem, and it has been running fine since then.

posted in Braveland on Aug 10, 14 11:27 AM
This is a nice little turn-based RPG. It has one long main road from the start to the final battle, with a number of short side branches. Fights are preset and wait for you to reach them. They have crossed swords over their heads indicating difficulty, with a skull and glowing eyes if very hard.

There are three difficulty settings, and you can change it at any time.

You meet seven people along the road who join you, although you can have at most five in your active squad. You are told each is really a group, but they appear and act as single people in the battle. There are places you can hire more to increase their power, and as they take damage their "number" drops and they grow weaker. The earlier groups can be stacked deeper, so they end up being comparable to the later ones. (The healers seemed a bit weak to me, though.)

In battle, people take turns moving. They can move a certain number of spaces on the hex grid, then they can either move one more, attack, or defend. They can also postpone their movement until later in the turn. Most types have a special that can be used, which then takes several turns to recharge. the first time in a turn that someone is hit with a melee attack, they get to strike back for free.

Your party is fully restored after each battle. If you win, your hero gets experience and gold, but some gold is deducted depending on your "losses". Once beaten, the enemies never respawn. There is no penalty for being defeated or fleeing. If you're defeated you get some experience, and maybe some gold if you did enough damage (less at the hard difficulty setting), and the fight will still be there. You may get a little gold if you flee, but no experience. When your hero levels, it raises the caps on the number you can hire for each group.

posted in Farmerama on Jun 29, 14 5:43 PM
I've played some more now, and it's actually a pretty good FTP farm game.

It uses flash and requires an internet connection. It has many crops, animals, and other products. There are frequent events of various types, and frequent additions to the game.

Crops are planted in plots (which can be placed for free). Each plot takes one of the crop to plant, and produces one plus the number of small squares of the plot. A 1x1 plot takes one and yields 2, a 2x2 plot takes one and yields 5. Plots should be harvested within 24 hours of being ripe to avoid weeds.

Trees take one small square, and most yield 20 hours after the last harvest. They last indefinitely. Animal and production pens take 2x2. All these can be upgraded. They can also be stored in inventory when not in use. The upgrade looks like a tree/pen, but must be placed on top of the base item. The base and upgrade separate when returned to inventory.

There is a market where crops, animals, and other products can be traded. One player offers a certain number of an item at a certain price, and other players look through these offerings and can buy them.

There is no "energy" like some FTP games have, but some things require Barnyard Bills to buy. These are limited, unless you buy more with real money. A few products are hard to produce without BB, but these can be bought at the market Breeding new animals is particularly bad, as each attempt requires power feed, but these animals are offered at the market by players who don't mind spending real money.

In the city there are orders, quests, and a few timed quests. You decide which one you want to do, rather than having the game feed them to you. Orders change each day and give poor rewards so I usually ignore them. The quests give stars, and other things, and the stars are used at "The Tree of Wisdom" letting you unlock other parts of the game, or get some other special. Regular quests are filled by delivering stuff from your barn. Timed quests can't be filled from the barn or market, and must be filled with fresh production while the timer is running. But you can have stuff ready to harvest before starting those.

There is an island that is practically its own small game. It has it's own types of crops, animals, and products. It even has its own experience and leveling.

There is a machine that can harvest a whole area with a click. You sometimes get a few free hours of it being usable, but to have it available all the time requires BB.

posted in Farmerama on Jun 27, 14 11:21 AM
AshMania wrote:Trying to make in game purchases (specifically Barnyard Bill Rainbow)... receive error message "Sorry, that item doesn't exist or hasn't been released." ??

I have the same problem when I try to purchase that Rainbow pack.

I emailed BF support yesterday, but they haven't responded yet.

Edit:
I have had a few rounds of email with support now. They told me to uninstall/reinstall various things, which did no good at all. I then purchased a different pack, which worked fine. Because of that, though, I am now no longer offered the special Rainbow pack. Apparently, that pack is only offered to people who have never made a purchase before.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Jun 16, 14 12:49 PM
That's the storage shed structure. If you also have the tree of unity, you can move ugly decorations into the storage shed and they will still satisfy a monster that likes them.

It can be upgraded twice, and each time it looks less picturesque and more like a warehouse.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Jun 16, 14 12:45 PM
Level 30 is the max level. What you see is what the game does when you hit it.

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on Jun 16, 14 12:34 PM
The amber locked DNA quest shouldn't take all that long. Every now and then this thing should pop up in the whacking area, and you need to whack it to get the DNA. Note that quick whack and mana whack won't hit it, you have to click on it. After whacking the thing, another will pop up after a certain amount of energy worth of whacking is done.

posted in Farmerama on Jun 15, 14 5:07 PM
The game is working OK for me, although the playable area is much smaller than my screen. The tutorial kept me on a short leash, then ended without making some important things clear.

One important thing to know is that seeds and crops are the same thing. If you have 50 wheat in the barn, and you plant 10 of those larger plots, then you will have 40 wheat in the barn. You will harvest 5 per plot, after which you will have a total of 90 wheat in the barn. So you really only need one "seed" to get things started.

You don't need water or manure for crops, they only shorten the growing time. (And water is expensive.)

A building in the city provides quests. One type are like side quests. Some of those are timed, starting with when you accept them, so be ready before activating them. Another type are called "orders", and each unlocks when you do the previous one. The first few are done in the tutorial.

To sell stuff, you need to be level 3+ to unlock the market in the city. Then check the current offers for the item you want to sell to see what other people are asking. then go to the "make offer" tab, which will show the contents of your barn. Select the item to sell and make an offer at a competitive price. The items are removed from your barn and you will be charged a 10% fee up front. You get the money if someone buys what you offered.

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on May 12, 14 3:00 PM
If by "soil quest" you mean MacDonald's chunky and fine soil quest, then you do have to complete that before the seeds are ready.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator