Posts created by swiss_star5

posted in Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix on Jul 28, 13 11:43 AM
I liked this one the most of the three. The graphics are still beautiful and this one was a little harder so it was more enjoyable (not everything sparkled and no scene finished tags which made the first 2 too easy).

Map was helpful and I liked being able to teleport so that you weren't endlessly clicking through scenes to get back to the temple.

I had to use the hint button a couple of times but generally the game play was straight forward. I found the HOG scenes to be normal difficulty, i.e. occasionally I have to use a hint for the last item, except for one where you had to find lots of silhouettes. But the hint recharges quickly and there isn't any pressure with the timing.

posted in Golden Trails 3: The Guardian's Creed on May 25, 13 2:51 PM
Just another little tip because the mini game with the objects took me forever to figure out how it worked. Sometimes I could get items to move and sometimes clicking on them didn't do anything or they wouldn't move to a place even though there was space.

You can only move objects if there is nothing on top of them on that same shelf and only set them down on the bottom of a shelf or on top of another object(s).

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 14, 13 12:01 PM
Thanks for the tips, Adevar I also figured out that my energy eventually recharges on its own. When I went back in today, I was back at full energy. So I guess maybe that will keep me from playing too much at once.

posted in Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play on Jan 13, 13 2:59 PM
Now I'm stuck, I need more food (energy) to keep playing but I'm out of diamonds. I have over 17,000 in game cash - why can't I use that to buy diamonds. The game cash seems to have no other necessary purpose in the game (everything I've needed so far requires diamonds).

If it's a free game, then they should provide a way to keep playing even if it's slower without having to spend real money.

posted in Sky Taxi 2: Storm 2012 on Nov 18, 12 10:40 AM
Re: Level 48: There is a hint on the poster in the house - you have to light up just lights 1, 3, and 4 with small control pads and then you can go to the computer and it will pull the barriers back.

posted in Sky Taxi 2: Storm 2012 on Nov 18, 12 10:34 AM
This game is so addictive and hard to stop (it took me to level 150 to figure out that I needed to use Esc to get back to the menu). I haven't played a Donkey Kong/ Mario game in a long time.

It's relatively easy to master - I have 99 extra lives and I don't die that often, though I generally use about 10-15 lives to get past a boss level. Jumping on the robots to knock em out is fun.

The keyboard/mouse functions can be found by choosing "Options" from the Main Menu. If you are in the game and hit Esc then from that Menu you can choose "Help" and actually find out what all the bubbles when you knock off a robot do (I mostly figured out by trial and error).

My tip - you can pick up the bouncy balls (down arrow/ right mouse) and put them wherever you need to jump.

posted in Youda Mystery: The Stanwick Legacy on Nov 11, 12 5:37 PM
I liked it but it was a bit short (already finished). Ok for the DD price but I wouldn't pay full price for this one.

posted in Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole on Aug 30, 12 4:01 AM
My problem was figuring out where to put the wharf sign. The wharf sign goes on the corner of the red brick building from the first part of the scene (where the horse and buggy were standing). Then it let me open the crate and take the Apollo piece from the crate. Once the crate was open, I could take the Apollo piece without any problems.

(It took me forever to figure it out and I had to go digging through the forum for help )

posted in Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole on Aug 30, 12 3:45 AM
How did you get the apollo piece at the wharf in the crates with Paul Revere? I'm about to cry, I'm so frustrated!.

You have to put the wharf sign on the corner of the red brick building from the first part of the scene (where the horse and buggy were standing). Then it lets you take the Apollo piece from the crate.

(It took me forever to figure it out too and I had to go digging through the forum for help )

posted in Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale on Jul 1, 12 10:49 AM
You have to go back out to where the clouds are hanging by ropes in front of the metal sun (just before the elevator).

Then you can go the left and solve the hidden object puzzle, which should give you the piece you are looking for.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Apr 9, 12 11:20 AM
Thanks tomszym!

I figured it had to be something in that direction because of the riddle sign, but I thought it was something with the pirate (which you don't have to pay, by the way). I don't think I ever would have gotten it on my own. So I'm glad there are some really smart people on the forum

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Apr 9, 12 11:00 AM
Thank you, thank you for the trick, joyost3!

I couldn't figure out how they thought I could finish so fast, and was wondering if there was a bug. If you look carefully behind the smoke of the volcano, sometimes you can see the treasure chest that is covered by the smoke.

posted in Sunshine Acres on Mar 23, 12 12:55 PM
Just to share a little trick for people having trouble finishing the levels. If you water the sunflower, then spade it, then water it again, you get 2 bags of sunflower seeds instead of just one

That said though it was a bit too much clicking for a laptop with a touch pad, and I had trouble getting all the sunflowers taken care of to have a good harvest and managing to remember to make sunflower oil and getting things sent to market. Guess I'm not a good multitasker

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Mar 15, 12 4:15 PM
Only click to place the tusks when the little arrow turns green. This works for whatever you are trying to combine. Even if you are more or less in the right place, if the arrow is still brown then it drops the item back to the inventory.

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Mar 15, 12 4:13 PM
Only click to place the tusks when the little arrow turns green. This works for whatever you are trying to combine. Even if you are more or less in the right place, if the arrow is still brown then it drops the item back to the inventory.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator