Posts created by biscuitsmama

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side on Apr 30, 18 6:52 AM
As a member of BFG since 2005, I own 1,294 games. Guess what, some of my favorite older games are no longer available here so BFG has removed the game page meaning that those games are gone forever as there is no longer a download link. Yep, BFG gave me a $6,99 coupon for my favorite missing game but guess what I now have to repurchase the game elsewhere for $20. Some great deal.

Because I have so many games I now have to download the demo version of a game I already own, and hit buy before I get a message that tells me I already own the game do I want to activate it. Well of course I want to activate it or I would not have downloaded it in the first place.

I say this only to let you know that if you want to download one of your older games, it might not be available now. So much for the BFG sales pitch that we will always own every game that we purchase here. BFG can't even figure out how to fix the Game Manager and the download process if you own more than a certain number of games so how can they possibly manage spam?

It has been great to know all of you here at BFG. Did you know that you can join us over at Pond Friends? You can discuss your opinions and leave your reviews over there in the BFG Daily Games thread. I hope that many of my BFG friends will join us there

www.pondfriends.boards.net

I hope we meet again!

Biscuitsmama (here) Bisci (at Pond Friends)

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 12:26 PM
I am not sure how any of this is going to be set up and there is an open forum and other discussion boards at Pond Friends so there can be input. This is not a closed door discussion but is and should be open to everyone who is interested in a solution. The door is open so please join us because we would love to have you.

Bisci

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 7:55 AM
I disagree with the comment on other sites closing their forums as well. I know a lot of major gaming sites still maintain their forums as they see this as a way to increase their sales.

BFG has a push to drive everyone to their Facebook page but quite frankly why would they want to do that? Every time I visit that page it is full of complaints about the horrible customer service at BFG. Just sayin.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 7:48 AM
MissAbby I so agree with you. Who could ever forget our Picman050967?

He was a presence in the forums and particularly those with the MCF games. He had a great sense of humor and showed feeling for the company he built.

I guess each time BFG changes hands, the new owners don't have the history with the members who have been here and helped Paul build this company to what it is now, whatever that may be.

Those of us who have been here for a long time (me since 2005) remember when this was our goto place. I still turn my computer on each morning and out of habit this is the first place I visit.

I hope MissAbby you have found us in the other home for BFG members. We would happily welcome you to join us there. Just as our new home developed out of need after CCC was shut down, we are trying to figure out how to continue the game forums over there. It might be a huge task but we have heart and it can be done.

posted in Zombie Solitaire 2: Chapter 3 on Apr 18, 18 7:24 AM
I think Pennmom and Mcquigan say it all. I have met so many wonderful people here in my years (since 2005) as a member here. I didn't find the forums right away but when I did, I was welcomed and made to feel like part of the community.

Like others, I was devastated when Chit Chat Corner was ended but I was fortunate enough to have advance warning and was able to set up private email connection with many of my friends. At least having some advance warning now as well, many of you will be able to reach out personally to your friends so that you can maintain those important connections.

I agree that BFG is making this decision BUT I think there are ways around the problem that they are not willing to embrace. It is very sad because this place has been home.

Once I got over the shock of losing a much loved forum, I gravitated quickly to another site that evolved from the CCC dump and found a new home. A place where developers participate and a place where we are able to discuss games. It has been a warm and welcoming new home and I hope that many of you here can find us over there.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 10:13 AM
So I was reading the comments in the Hex page regarding the forum closing and the moderator in the second paragraph states that "Players will still be able to review games on individual game pages"

Thank you so much for the time and passion you've invested in the forums community. The decision to close the forums was not made lightly. We recognize that many players use the forums for gameplay help and to form friendships over a shared interest in our games. On behalf of the Moderation Team, I want you to know it's been a pleasure working with all of you.

Players will still be able to review games on individual game pages. Our Technical Support Team will also be able to help with technical issues.

The Moderation Team is happy to discuss any additional concerns and answer any questions you might have. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if need be. Thank you again for your time. I hope this message finds you well.

bfgBeruna

So how will players have or find comments and help on future games after April 30th. If the forums is being closed I am assuming that no future game pages will be added after that date so the only help available will be for earlier games - correct?

posted in Hex on Apr 17, 18 10:05 AM
So how will players have or find comments and help on future games after April 30th. If the forums is being closed I am assuming that no future game pages will be added after that date so the only help available will be for earlier games - correct?

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 7:45 AM
I definitely don't think there should be an additional monthly charge to keep the forums going but I do think that the forums should be a privilege only for those who are members and should not be available to anyone who wants to post. I think that many of the spammers here do not have memberships and that is an avenue for them to post their spam.

HOWEVER if it did take an additional $1 a month I would be willing to pay that provided we are also able to use our PCCs to purchase CE games. Why not allow us to use two PCCs to purchase a CE. Many of use have tons of PCCs that we give away or let die away because we cant use them. Just my thoughts on all of this.

Pennmom, we need a real sign in sheet where we can simply add our user names and not all of the comments. Maybe we can get tons of posts over the next few days to grab the attention of the BFG management gurus who are making a very bad decision by closing the forums.

BFG should remember they lost a huge volume of members when they closed the Chit Chat Corner and this is another move that will hurt rather than bolster the business for the new owners.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 10:31 AM
When a review is being posted it asks for the opinion of the person on how they specifically liked the game, not how you or anyone else should like it.

If you are so offended by other reviewers, perhaps you should start writing and posting your own reviews. Your opinion is as valid as mine or any other reviewers. Having a wide range of opinions on reviews is the best thing that can happen because then any gamer who is reading them can get an idea about how we feel.

I always suggest that a person downloads a game and tries the demo first to see if they might like a game since we all have different taste in games.

Rather than attacking others it is better to offer your own opinions.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 18 4:06 PM
Hey Pennmom, Thanks! BTW where are your terrific review? I miss them.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 18 4:04 PM
I personally have decided to NOT purchase any more games until the review posting issue is fixed. This is a totally unacceptable situation and it has gone on for days now.

It is so annoying for those who take our time to write reviews and then our reviews are sitting out there somewhere in limbo.

Sort of the same situation as is occurring with posting the weekly Sneak Peeks. No one is getting the job done!

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 18 9:42 AM
Haunted Hotel Lost Dreams is the 16th game in the series – a series I had hoped would die out long ago but now I am not too sure because this latest game is terrific. The game begins as you and your wife Jane are traveling by train on your way to a vacation in the Swiss Alps, when suddenly the train goes off the rails. You awaken in the hotel thinking it might have been a nightmare but Jane is nowhere to be found. It doesn’t take you long to know that something is very wrong. Will you be able to free yourself and Jane from this hotel, or is it already too late? You will need to play this wonderful new Haunted Hotel to find the answers to those questions and find out what sinister intent is hidden in this Haunted Hotel.

If you have read many of my reviews you might guess that I am not a big fan of the Haunted Hotel series. In fact, I didn't play or review the last two games in the series because I didn’t care for the demos at all. I hate dusty dirty interiors for graphics as I simply don’t find them appealing in any way. That being said, I almost didn’t bother to try the demo of Lost Dreams but I am so happy that I did. IMHO, this is one of the best Haunted Hotel games in years. Although the game begins in a seemingly deserted hotel, the interiors are in amazingly good shape. I found Lost Dreams a delight to play with great HOPS and absolutely wonderful puzzles. In fact for me, the puzzles are one of the best parts of this game. A couple of the puzzles were really tough for me and the others had varying levels of challenge but I only skipped one puzzle that I couldn’t figure out

I love everything about this game with only one minor comment that I choose to make about the Custom game setting. I think it is time that the developers start offering a “true” custom setting where we can choose to set our own hint and skip times as low as we wish to set them. I personally dislike having to wait 15 seconds or whatever other low-end limit the developer might think we need. Please developers consider allowing a true custom time limit for hints and skips.

The HOPS are very good with the standard list type being the first scene we encounter in the game. That scene is soon followed by a variety of others but they are all excellent even if they are what we see in most games from this developer. Where this game becomes excellent for me is with the puzzles that I really loved. The first puzzle is very easy and involves sliding tokens into the correct slots. The next puzzle was a bit more challenging because I had a difficult time seeing the symbols that were on top of each other. The 3rd puzzle is a memory puzzle and that was more challenging until I figured out the “trick”. The puzzles became a bit more difficult with a door puzzle that I did skip because I really didn’t “get” it.

The CE version of the game offers a total of 40 morphing object and 20 picture parts to find. There are achievements to earn and the other standard fare such as 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Artwork, 4 Screensavers, 4 Music Tracks, Memory Elements, Picture Parts, Replay of 12 Mini-games and 15 HOPS, the Secret Room, a Bonus Chapter, and a 40-page Strategy Guide. The game has 5 Chapters and a Bonus Chapter.

As I mentioned earlier I did not play the previous two games in the series but Haunted Hotel Lost Dreams is one I purchased and have been playing for the past few hours. For me it is a long game but I am a slow player savoring each scene in as I move forward. You already know by now that I love this game and I hope you will as well. As always, please try the demo to see what you think of Haunted Hotel Lost Dreams. Happy Gaming!

posted in Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 18 1:26 PM
Thank you bfgMurrumbidgee, I appreciate your taking the time to address my concern and the issue.

I know this is a technical issue thread and I do see this as a tech issue and that is why I posted it here. Thought it would get more attention.

Thanks again for your very kind response as it is much appreciated.

Cheers!

posted in Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 18 10:48 AM
Why is it that none of the front page reviews are showing up. I submitted my review hours ago as I am sure that others have done as well. It is so annoying when we take our time to write a review and then for whatever reason they don't show up.

Everytime I complain about this issue it turns out to be a communication issue between BFG and the review clearing house server. One would think this problem would be fixed now since it occurs almost monthly.

posted in Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 18 10:42 AM
It’s been a very long time since that day when your father dropped you off at an orphanage telling you that one day you would be together again, when the time was right. You’ve almost forgotten your powerful psychic abilities that made your childhood a nightmare and now with the receipt of a letter addressed to your father that was accidentally delivered to you, all of those memories have returned. After contacting your local post office you have been directed to a station in the suburbs where the letter was originally posted. You finally track your father to the residence of Baronet Steameyer but when you arrive, the Baronet tells you to leave because you are not safe there. Why would he say such a thing? As you prepare to leave you see a woman in a window apparently signaling to you so you can’t leave now you must find a way in and at least speak with the woman. When you meet up with Steameyer again, it is apparent that he will go to great lengths to stop you – but why, what is he so afraid of or what is he hiding. You will need to play the terrific HOPA game to figure out the answers to those questions and find out what is hidden in the Steameyer mansion.

Scarlett Mysteries the Cursed Child is an easy game as far as the HOPS and Puzzles but it wasn’t always apparent what I needed to do to move forward. I had to use the dreaded hint button more than once to figure out what I needed to do or find. Your tools include the interactive map and a signet ring that will help you focus your psychic abilities. Each time you use the ring, you must solve a puzzle to help bring things into focus and when the puzzle is completed you will receive another clue. I love the steampunk settings and all of the things you discover as you explore and play this game.

The HOPS are really nothing special but they do include variety and some that are progressive and interactive. The puzzles are very easy but still fun. Some of the puzzles include my favorite a slider type puzzle and then another where I need to sort items on a grid by color into rows and columns. I do hope for some more difficult puzzles toward the end of the game but I am still enjoying the mystery and the puzzles I’ve needed to solve thus far.

The CE has morphing objects that appear to be the only collectible. If there are others I haven’t found them yet and since most of the extras are locked until the game is completed it is difficult to determine. Aside from the morphing objects the other extras are the standard fare with nothing special included. There is a 61-page Strategy and at least for me the game seems long.

Steampunk games are ones that I generally love, and although this one is what I consider slightly steampunk it is a lot of fun. As the mystery develops I find myself more involved in the storyline. Is Steameyer insane, a murderer, or is he simply a father who will go to great lengths to protect his child? If solving the mystery draws you in as it did me then you too will hit that buy button. Even though this is a wonderful game for me, please try the demo to see if it is one you will enjoy as well. Happy Gaming!

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 18 12:30 PM
Wanderlust What Lies Beneath is what I hope is only the beginning game in a new Sci-Fi series. You play the game as Professor Cassie Sylva currently working at a dig in Egypt when you receive a phone call from the mysterious Mr. Gate – one that might possibly change your life. Undiscovered pyramids don’t simply rise out of the earth do they? According to Mr. Gate, this is exactly what has happened in the Columbian jungle, and for you this is a mystery worth investigating. Of course, another team led by your sister Elsa is already on its way to the site so speed is of the essence. You soon find yourself on a plane to Columbia and a possible confrontation with Elsa. Find out more about sibling rivalry and the rift between Cassie and Elsa as you play this exciting new game from the genius development team at Mad Head.

There is not a lot to say about the graphics but I will mention that they are crisp and color intense. After an earlier game this week that had very sub-par graphics it is terrific to find a game where I don’t need to strain my eyes to play a HOP. If I have any complaint at all it is with the game’s Custom Mode. I think that when the developers offer a Custom Mode they should allow the gamer to set their own Hint and Skip recharge times. A custom mode implies that the gamer can choose their preferred settings rather than have a time limit that is set by the designer. The game tools include an interactive map and a field kit that has a hatchet, brush, and a translation guide.

I love everything about this game from the HOPS to the Puzzles. The HOPS are nothing new but they so very well-designed and varied in style. There is a Map/Maze HOP early in the game that is a combo HOP and Puzzle that I love. Even though there are a lot of puzzles they are not always difficult and they fit into the storyline. I’m not sure that I have ever played a HOPA game with as many puzzles as there are in What Lies Beneath but suffice it to say that it is a puzzle lover’s delight. Some of the puzzles are very easy but most of them have a moderate level of challenge.

The CE version of the game includes finding the typical Mad Head logo that is hidden in each scene. There are Morphing Objects to be found in the HOP scenes and 20 Achievements that can be earned as you play the game. Other extras include the standard Wallpapers, Concept Art, Soundtrack, Bonus Game, and Strategy Guide. Other extras include a Character Gallery, an Ultimate Puzzle, and the option to Replay 18 HOPS. Sadly there is no Replay of the Puzzles unless they are somehow incorporated into the Ultimate Puzzle that can be opened after completing the Bonus Game.

Wanderlust is one of the most terrific games I have played in a very long time and I hope that What Lies Beneath is only the first game in the series. I love Sci-fi and we get so very few games based on that theme so Wanderlust is exactly what I’ve been waiting to play. The storyline is excellent as we learn the back story of the family tragedy that separates the two siblings and the circumstance that will ultimately bring them together. Even though Wanderlust is a perfect game for me, please try the demo to see if it is a game you will enjoy. Happy Gaming!

Thanks for the List Pennmom. I had no idea they created some of the games you listed. Good to know and may check them out now.

I all you do for us here in the forum.

Bisci

I've never seen the Mortimer Beckett games before today and it seems cute and different. No evil demon waiting to take over my body but why is this a collector's edition? I don't see an in-game strategy guide which is the main reason I purchase CEs. Even though I haven't had trouble with any puzzle it is always nice to have the guide "just in case."

I only see that we get we should find a mouse on each level and those are really cute but it there anything else to justify the cost?

Will probably wait and get this one on a good sale but not for $13.99

posted in Phantasmat: Curse of the Mist Collector's Edition on Dec 23, 17 9:11 AM
Ditto, ditto, ditto Pennmom on your comments.

As an addition to your comments one would think that a game being released during this special time of year for many fishies would be a lot brighter and happier. Of course, maybe the developer thought the game would be released much earlier than two days before Christmas. Along with the poor timing for the game's CE release there simply isn't much in the way of extras aside from those worn out, same ole signs to collect.

It's probably only me and simply that I would prefer a happier game right now rather than a game that has poor graphics and a UI area surrounded in a glaring orange tone that is more suitable for Halloween.

Sadly I only lasted around 15 minutes, before I knew the game wasn't for me and I shut it down. Unfortunately, cranking out one game after another has to be stressful for any developer and it shows in the sloppy execution of Phantasmat: Curse of the Mist. Hopefully this will be one of the last cookie-cutter games we have to go through from this developer.

posted in Phantasmat: Curse of the Mist Collector's Edition on Dec 23, 17 7:34 AM
Thank you BTJ006 how nice of you to start this thread.

Merry Christmas to you and all of the BFG forum friends who take the time to leave their thoughts on games throughout the year. All of you make this a great place to be.

Thank you Forum Mods for keeping an eye on us and guaranteeing that BFG has a great and safe forum throughout the year.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate this wonderful time of year.

Sending you all and Best wishes

Bisci

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator