Posts created by Flashmom

I must have a different version. When you say "NO MORPHING OBJECTS", I had one in every scene! Also, my version doesn't have CE in the title, yet after passing the main game, I opened a bonus that was almost as long as the main game!!--well, that is if a glitch ¾ of the way through didn't end it prematurely. I think it was a very good game overall. I just wish the glitches had been worked out prior to release.

Bron186: It's not Yosemite--I have the same problem! Also, when I would go to place an object it would tell me that it's wrong, but later, it will take it! It's too bad because this has been an excellent game up to this point!

posted in Rite of Passage: Hide and Seek on Oct 1, 14 5:10 PM
I'm stuck at the area with the Souvenir Shop, Room 14, and the suitcase. The help button only takes me to the chalkboard, but there's no other hint than to find a lamp. I've tried many different search terms, but **nothing**!!!
Help???
FM

posted in Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles on Apr 26, 13 1:28 PM
<<<<The one thing that I found was your computer cursor >>>

And, be careful if you are using a Mac…. I have a tendency to switch toggles without meaning to. It's very annoying when you KNOW what a block is (or a line of blocks) and they end up breaking your treasure chest!!

posted in Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles on Apr 26, 13 12:50 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I thought I would've seen something come up in my email.
The trick I found was to let many of the pieces fall. When you get the larger ones, place them first and then, fill in. Sound good?

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows on Apr 17, 13 3:08 PM
I had been doing just fine until it came to finding the funnels in the box on the counter!!! I looked *every*where. I went back to the forum list (which is no small feat when the program can't play a smaller screen res.!)
My issue: I can't find the blasted funnels!!! I'm pretty sure I have everything *else* (I think)--I just can't find the funnels. Will that step allow me to get into the back door of the curio shop?
Hope to here back soon.
Thanks
Flashmom

posted in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle on Feb 23, 13 6:28 AM
addenda to my post.
I closed the game out and when I came back to it, it had saved back to the card placing. When I got to the fountain, the "white boxes" were still covering the fountain, but clicking where I thought the amulet piece was, it gave me the piece after all.
I'm still not sure what the white box "screen" is all about, but if it lets me get by, I don't care!

posted in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle on Feb 23, 13 6:17 AM
I keep getting the white boxes over the fountain. The hint button shows the amulet piece in the fountain, but no matter how hard I can't get it!!
Is this a glitch?

posted in Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles on Feb 15, 13 8:13 AM
Hi All:
I've looked through the forum posts, and see others are having the same issues I'm facing, but rarely are answers given. So, "enlightened genii"…. HELP!
1. How are the awards granted?
2. Someone said that you score higher if you click individually instead of sweep. Really? Ugh….
3. It seems that you get more points by using the Sword, Map, and "necklace," or by removing points (with the hook,) instead of selecting the correct points. Why would you be rewarded for finding what it is *not* instead of what it *is*?

I really love this game. I don't particularly like the mini-game where you take the falling pieces to fit in the "box." (I've figured out a trick, though.) But, all in all, it is fun.

posted in Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles on Feb 15, 13 7:30 AM
Valdy wrote:I have noticed that the names for the Awards are in Spanish. So I am guessing this is a Spanish-speaking developer who has forgotten to translate the names into English.

Someone else mentioned that they were in Portuguese. Mine are English.

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on Jul 29, 12 10:13 AM
Hi Everyone:
I started a letter the other night but it disappeared. At the time I had an issue that, somewhat fixed itself, but led to the bear.
I had found all the jewels for the Nexus and when I lined them up, I had the correct color combo---LYL. I had put the RYR and the BYB together, but what they **wanted** was the RYR and the B-*clear*-B. When I got to the Herbalist's, the recipe--that I had--had disappeared. So, thinking a little more creatively, I took the recipe from the walk-through.
So… back to the tree. Even though I kept getting that --doesn't belong--- type message, I looked down to see a teddy bear on the floor! Something told me that I would have some problem with the teddy bear. Sure enough---no matter how hard I tried to get the bear set below the face, it wouldn't.
If anyone has a secret here, I'd love to hear it!
Fm

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on May 26, 12 7:35 PM
I'm all the way at the end and I can't get the tumblers on the combo lock to rotate. I did have some issues with other pieces rotating, but after a bit of patience, the pieces started "behaving." ... not this time though. I have clicked; double-clicked; clicked and dragged; (just) dragged; typed; and even tried moving the "metal" above and below. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is having a problem.

This is the second game in less than a week where I've gotten to the **very** end, only to have something happen with the game that makes it unable to be finished. Frustrating--

Flashmom

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on May 26, 12 6:46 PM
The combo is in the desk. But how do you get the dials to turn on the lock?

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on May 26, 12 6:31 AM
I just finished the trial. I have some tricks that I learned on another Jewel Quest that may help.

The first thing I do is read over the objects to be found. Next, I go through looking for the jewels and lion heads. If I see objects along the way, or if there are sparkles, I'll click there to see if I need to deal with that *right then.* When I've found the obvious jewels, lions, and pieces to whatever...., I go on to the other objects and the jewels/lions that I haven't found.

As to the Match 3: (and I know everyone has their 'tricks' here): My general tactic is: I start at the bottom so as the jewels drop, more lines are covered. Then I run through the rest as I can. The only time I have problems against time is when there are *roadblocks* that have to be worked around.

Yes, I've had my share of losses, but that's all part of the game. That's why we're playing, isn't it? I'm very competitive so the more I can "beat" the computer the more satisfaction I get!!

FM

posted in The Sultan's Labyrinth: A Royal Sacrifice on May 24, 12 7:22 PM
I got all the way to the end. I got to slicing the carpet, saw the bone, got distracted and the screen gave me a great big green checkmark! (but no bone) Where do I go from here?
It really s***s when you get all the way to the end, only to have a small glitch getcha.

posted in Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine on May 10, 12 2:59 PM
Hi y'all:
Before I scream and tear all my hair out, I hope you can help. I'm on the trial, so I want to get a reasonable "taste" of it. Since I only have 60 min, it seems that everything is taking **way** longer than it should---especially the hint refresh!!!

My problem: I am up to the wampum. I have to say I did it correctly -- *twice.* And, because I only have that "precious" 60 minutes and I gave the puzzle a good try, I decided to skip it.....****and the skip wouldn't work!!*** Maybe I don't understand the buttons. After all, it took me a few minutes to figure out that the pointers are VERY precise!! (KUDOS!)

So far I think I'm going to like this game, but I don't want to buy it if I can't even skip! Thanks in advance, Everyone. Any advice is appreciated...
Fm

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World on May 4, 12 2:21 PM
Maybe it's me, but I had a really hard time with this game. (Actually, I haven't finished yet, and am not sure i will at this rate!) The HOGs were good--even though you had to find something else, some*where* else, or use and Inventory item to complete the scene. The mini-puzzles were good, and some original. However, I couldn't get the hang of it, and had to use the Hint often. (Thankfully, the Hint was very good!)

The game goes on forever (SE), so if you are into a quick, easy game--go somewhere else! Even though it *is* long, it's not boring--just detailed.

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Apr 27, 12 9:08 AM
I posted a couple times previously complaining, then amended my message because I figured out what I did *stupidly.* I also, was one of those "poor unfortunates" that found all but the last 1 or 2. Then, after being given the opportunity to go look again, I gave up looking. I went to continue and landed on what I thought was the VERY FIRST SCENE!!! I was so mad!!!, **only to find it *was* the LAST SCENE!!!***duh---

I'll give it kudos for the tricks and turns, but there are certainly glitches and little annoyances along the way. I also think there was a good balance of puzzles. And, even though there is *discussion* about murder and kidnapping, it isn't gruesome or horrific, or occult based. THAT is a big plus for me. I don't agree with those that say it is really easy, but I'm new to playing games like this.

QUESTION: after the game is over, is it possible to go back to review the mythology? That was a really, *really* neat aspect of this game that I've never seen before.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Fm

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Apr 27, 12 9:07 AM
I posted a couple times previously complaining, then amended my message because I figured out what I did *stupidly.* I also, was one of those "poor unfortunates" that found all but the last 1 or 2. Then, after being given the opportunity to go look again, I gave up looking. I went to continue and landed on what I thought was the VERY FIRST SCENE!!! I was so mad!!!, **only to find it *was* the LAST SCENE!!!***duh---

I'll give it kudos for the tricks and turns, but there are certainly glitches and little annoyances along the way. I also think there was a good balance of puzzles. And, even though there is *discussion* about murder and kidnapping, it isn't gruesome or horrific, or occult based. THAT is a big plus for me. I don't agree with those that say it is really easy, but I'm new to playing games like this.

QUESTION: after the game is over, is it possible to go back to review the mythology? That was a really, *really* neat aspect of this game that I've never seen before.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Fm

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Apr 26, 12 6:02 PM
Hi Everyone:
I opened the safe, but went to the HO to make sure I had the hint for the combo. When I returned to the safe, it wouldn't turn into a game/puzzle for me to enter the combo. (I had already figured it would be the shapes of the Sirens!)

I guess I have to start all over again, which, I'm not sure it's worth it! The Greek/Roman details are pretty neat, but much of the game is frustrating.

The sad thing is: I started out rough. Then when I started to get the hang of the game, and started liking it, *this* happens. I sure hope there is a fix that someone can give me!

As soon as I posted this, I thought I'd give something else a try. Voile!!!! Thanks for listening to me!!!
Flashmom

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator