Posts created by Hondo

posted in Match-Up! - iOS on Mar 19, 13 4:35 PM
Reminder, this is happening in less than 30 minutes.

We know this was kinda last minute, but we hope to see some of you there!

Hondo
Community Manager

posted in Match-Up! - iOS on Mar 19, 13 2:26 PM
How would you like to face off against Big Fish Founder & CEO Paul Thelen in a real time, fast-paced Match 3 tournament? Now's your chance!

At 5 pm (Pacific Time) today, be on the lookout for Picman67 in the Qbeez room. He'll be playing in the 'Block to the Future' tournament.

Matches are filled at random, so don't give up if you don't see him right away, he said he'll be sticking around for a while. And if you are lucky enough to see him, be sure to report back and let us know how you fared against the Big Fish himself.

If you don't already have the app, you can download Match-Up! FREE for your iPad or iPhone.

Good luck!

Hondo
Community Manager

----------------------------------

UPDATE: Thanks to all who came and joined in on the fun. We'll be sure to let you know if/when we do something like this again!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 13 12:09 PM
Did you love seeing Lea Thompson in Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake? Don't miss the winter premiere of her hit ABC Family series Switched at Birth tonight at 8/7c!

Switched at Birth features two families who find out that their 16-year-old daughters had been switched as newborns in the hospital.

Have some catching up to do? Check out the all-day Switched at Birth marathon starting at 11am/10c today on ABC Family!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake on Jan 7, 13 12:08 PM
Did you love seeing Lea Thompson in Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake? Don't miss the winter premiere of her hit ABC Family series Switched at Birth tonight at 8/7c!

Switched at Birth features two families who find out that their 16-year-old daughters had been switched as newborns in the hospital.

Have some catching up to do? Check out the all-day Switched at Birth marathon starting at 11am/10c today on ABC Family!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 26, 12 11:30 AM
Greetings, detectives!

Now that the game has been out for a week or so, we're going to go ahead and move this thread over to the Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition Forum. But don't worry, it will remain unlocked, and you can continue to chat amongst yourselves for as long as you'd like in here.

If you have any questions about the game, the spec thread puzzles, or anything else, I'll be popping in throughout the week and will try to respond to as many posts as I have time for. (And yes, dzzzy... we did save Picman! )

I sincerely hope that everyone had as much fun as we did in the weeks leading up to the release. This thread is truly one of the most fun things that we get to do with this community each year. Thanks for making it so great!

Hondo
Community Manager

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake on Nov 21, 12 9:46 AM
genkicoll wrote:I want more MCF pictures to customize the calendar with: More RTR, EFR, and Dire Grove to replace some of the pictures I don't like as much...

and did you know that currently (or at least yesterday), the pictures for August and September where the same pic?

Good catch! I'm sure there are actually 2 separate image for Aug/Sept, but I'll forward this along and see if we can get site updated.

Hondo

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake on Nov 21, 12 9:45 AM
guylee1 wrote:Someone should proof read the site! You have black under a white and white under a black. I will not mention all the other mistakes I found!

lee

Sorry for the confusion. Whenever it says white t-shirt - for example - what that really means is white lettering or a white logo on the t-shirt.

The actual color of the shirt can be chosen once you get to the product page.

Hope that helps!

Hondo

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 5:12 PM
Butterflyshrimp wrote:If anyone won a poster and would like to sell it to buy games, please PM me as I collect them. A very nice lady asked a question for me and it was chosen to be answered but was not fortunate enough to win a poster. Thanks.

edited: To add additional information.

Everyone whose question was answered during the Q&A wins a free poster, so I'd suggest that you tell your friend to check her Twitter account for a message from us

-Hondo

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 4:14 PM
Hey everyone!

For those who missed out on last Friday's Q&A, you can now re-live the action over on the blog.

Twitter Q&A with Lea Thompson Recap

We hope you all had as much fun as we did!

Hondo
Community Manager

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake on Nov 20, 12 3:55 PM
Greetings, detectives!

A new Mystery Case Files game comes but once a year, but now's your chance to proclaim your MCF love year-round!

Maybe you'd like a t-shirt with "Master Detective" written across the chest, or a coffee mug that states: "Hint meter. Open to refill."? Maybe you'd prefer a mouse pad featuring a snowy scene from Dire Grove, or a 2013 Mystery Case Files calendar?

You can get all that and much, much more - and just in time for the holidays - in our new Mystery Case Files store!

What's more, several of the items in our store are customizable! Like the logo, but want a different colored t-shirt? We can do that. Want a coffee mug, but would prefer a larger size? We can do that, too. The options are nearly endless!

Click here to start browsing.

Happy shopping!

Hondo
Community Manager

P.S. Don't forget about our postage stamps - a great way to let everyone on your Christmas card list know just how much you love MCF (or Felix)!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 12:57 AM
Well goodnight, detectives. It's nearly 1:00 now, and I've got to be back in the office by 9:00!

Can't wait to see what everyone has to say about the game.

Hondo
Community Manager

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 11:56 PM
Can you hear that?

C# E G# E A E G# E
C# E G# E A E G# E
C# E G# E A E G# E
C# ...

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 11:29 PM
Glad to hear that everyone's been enjoying the last few hours of the countdown - a countdown which, of course, turned out to be 24 hours shorter than we had all expected! I bet you're all wondering why we didn't say anything about it until just recently.

Well... pull up a chair, cuz it's story time with Hondo!

-------------------------

You see I, like everyone else, had been paying particular attention to Picman's increasing list of symptoms, as well as the decreasing coherency of his posts. Something strange was going on, that's for sure. Then one day, Picman just vanished. Gone.

The next thing I know, we start bringing in folks to interview for that Paranormal Investigator position that we're hiring for. We haven't hired anyone yet, but they all - without provocation - mentioned that they felt something odd the moment they walked into the office. Could this have something to do with Picman's sudden disappearance?

I didn't think so at first, but then there were the *signs*. First, I kept hearing whispers. This, mind you, is quite strange given that most days I work with headphones on, listening to music throughout the day. Then, one morning as I turned the lights on, I could see that something had been written on the window in Picman's office. It wasn't written in pen, or with a marker or anything, but instead, it looked like someone had made the window all foggy and then written something in the fog. That in itself was strange, but what was really strange was that it had been written on the inside. Of a locked office.

So what did the message say? It was just one word. "Early."

Immediately, I knew exactly what had to be done. (Must be all those mystery games they've got me playing here.) In order to save Picman, we had to release the game earlier than planned. So, with the help of the amazing team of developers we have here, we finished exactly one day ahead of schedule. And in about 30 minutes, barring any unforeseen events (we are dealing with ghosts here) it will be out for the world to enjoy!

I only hope that we were able to release it early enough for Picman to be released. I guess we'll see!

-Hondo

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 10:46 PM
Hey everyone!

So, what's new?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 2:48 PM
dogmama wrote:
Laura29 wrote:@dogmama, I submitted 3 questions (so far) but haven't gotten any kind of confirmation. I'm sure it will come, but I'm also sure they are very busy right now. LOL I don't know how the confirmation will come, though.
Ya think they're busy <LOL>? I did see my tweet on my page (only asked on question). Maybe I shoud just ask some more questions to help my chances for a free game . Thanks Laura!

It might take a while to receive your confirmation. We're manually sending them, and questions are coming in faster than we can reply.

WHICH IS AWESOME!!!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 2:37 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:Cutoff is 3.30pm.

Right, submitted 4 questions!

Just to confirm, we are NOT cutting it off at 3:30. You can keep asking questions throughout the duration of the Q&A

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 2:25 PM
dogmama wrote:HONDO!! How will we know for sure that you all get our tweets?

Once we get going, you'll get a response to confirm we've received it

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 1:16 PM
One more thing... there is NO limit to the number of questions you can ask during the Q&A!

In fact, the more questions you ask, the greater your chances will be of getting a response and winning a poster... or something else.

-Hondo

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 11:56 AM
GameLvr30 wrote:It's @moostachio.

Great username!

It might have something to do with your privacy settings. Currently, it says that your tweets are protected, which means only your followers can see your tweets.

You may need to "un-protect" your tweets in order for them to show up in the #AskLea hashtag conversation.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 12 11:50 AM
GameLvr30 wrote:Do we have to wait until 2:30? I've already tweeted a few questions and I don't see them showing up so I'm wondering if I sent them too soon.

What's your Twitter username? I'll try to search for your tweets.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator