Posts created by Imberis

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Feb 2, 10 7:30 PM
I thought the same thing, really. However, for some reason I wound up buying the CE a while back. I liked the game, but I didn't feel the "oh my gosh, I HAVE to keep playing!" feeling that comes with some other games. I finished the game much more slowly than I normally would, simply because I didn't have the urge to play. It wasn't bad and the graphics were very lovely, but the story was just sort of... blah. The constable's cracks when I did something wrong were one of the best parts, to me.

posted in Farm Craft on Feb 1, 10 10:33 PM
I guess I should have checked the forums before buying the game, but I played through the tutorial level just fine. I immediately loved the game, so I bought it. Now I'm having the problem with crashing, too! Oh well, hopefully Customer Support can help me figure it out.

posted in Paradise Quest on Jan 30, 10 2:28 AM
I really like this game and I plan to buy it (although I will probably have to wait two days so it will count towards my February punch card!). The music is nice, and it didn't distract me or bother me. There is an option for timed or untimed. There is also an option to use the custom cursor or not. The graphics are nice and crisp, with bright colors. I like that the match-3 portions have extra elements, like moving around a very large board by making matches in the direction you'd like to go, or lighting torches along the way so that you can see where you're headed. The habitat puzzles are an added incentive to keep going, as are adding all of the animals. In short, it's a very nice match-3!

posted in Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond on Jan 29, 10 6:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not enjoying this game, either. Some of the hidden objects are just RIGHT in your face. I suppose they thought this would be a new twist, but it became old after the third or so HOG scene. Yes, I see the umbrella. It's RIGHT in front of me! The graphics aren't great on my widescreen monitor, though I'm not sure why, since the game auto-scaled to fit the screen. (The game is in "square" format with the black boxes on either side.) The graphics are somewhat grainy. I guess I could adjust my resolution, but I don't think I want to continue playing the game. The "find the extra-hidden pieces of the broken tablet" portion of the game was also odd. It really wasn't hard at all to find the pieces, since the game pretty much points out where they are hidden when you mouse over. This game is definitely not as good as the first one.

posted in Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers on Jan 28, 10 5:12 PM
I agree! I really wasn't going to try this game, but I read the reviews and since they seemed so great, I tried the game. It's really great, and I'm usually not much of a TM person.

posted in The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft on Jan 18, 10 7:21 PM
rosie28sammy wrote:Thank you for the review Imberis. My daughter and I love the Nancy Drew games and have played them all. I was going to purchase this one as well since I thought it would be the same as Nancy Drew. Now I think I will hold off.

No problem! I figured other Nancy Drew fans would think the same thing as me and then wind up disappointed.

posted in The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft on Jan 17, 10 2:42 PM
I bought this game when it came out a while back. I am a huge fan of the Nancy Drew games, and even though this is from a different developer, I thought it would be somewhat similar. I was so wrong. I honestly didn't even want to finish the game, but I forced myself to, because I spent $20 on it. The puzzles are so obtuse and the dialogue just never ends. The logbook in the game really doesn't provide much assistance. There's a lot of skipping back and forth between locations, which I generally don't mind, but going back and forth for ONE item drives me crazy. And I know this is a personal preference, but the graphics in the hospital area just creeped me out. I felt like I was in some sort of zombie apocalypse game rather than a nice, fun Hardy Boys game. I do love scary games, but the atmosphere did not fit with the rest of the game. In all, I found the game fairly boring and more like a chore than something fun to pass the time.

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 1, 09 12:34 AM
I am also getting an error when I try to play. The "Error: Access code violation" box pops up, and I can't even get the game to start. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but that hasn't seemed to help. All of my drivers are up to date and I can't think of anything else that would cause the error. I guess I'll just wait and see if anyone else has this problem, too!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator