Posts created by Dirk_Tee

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 7, 14 9:07 AM
jmkay wrote:I cannot do my quests, for example todays quest says to repair the fire truck but I don't have the fire truck mini game in my toy store building and I don't have the option to skip the quest, it happens all the time, I have installed all updates

Maybe you are referring to the problem described in this post ?:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/500/257557.page#5588216
(if the link doesn't work, scroll back to page 26 of this thread and look for a post under my name)

It seems that some of us can't scroll to the bottom row of the mini-games in a normal way.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 6, 14 4:31 AM
If you click it, you shovel snow on the streets in that area.
The icon also appears in the other areas.

During the Christmas quests, you got rewarded for shovelling snow 100 times, but I'm not sure if you can still get that reward now that Christmas time is over.

I still shovel though, just for fun

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 3, 14 2:20 AM
I can't click on the wharf anymore either.

Because I had already upgraded it to the maximum (and thus unlocked Pensacola), this doesn't pose a problem for me right now.

But it seems to be a bug in the program that has been introduced by the Christmas update.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 3, 14 2:11 AM
Not much: the mini-game gives you Ben's Justice as collectible, of which there seem to be plenty around.
:-)

No really, we would have to compare achievements to figure that out.
You being at level 61 compared to my 48, you should be ahead of me on almost everything.
So I'll list my achievements where I'm at the maximum for the rewards already; see if there's something there that you haven't reached yet.
- collect sets
- play picture mode
- play silhouette mode
- spend energy
- play mini-games
- upgrade buildings
- auction items
- win items
- buy items
- bought food
- complete bronze set
- complete silver set
- complete gold set

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 2, 14 5:43 AM
Sabake was right.
At the time he/she posted the message, I was at level 47 too, but it still said 50 gold for the fire-breathing dragon. But now I've moved up a level and also reached the achievement of spending 100.000 energy, and now I could buy that dragon for 10.000 coins too.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jan 1, 14 1:58 AM
I'm glad I could help you.
Lots of people helped me advance (see social code thread), so I'm happy to be able to return that favour.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 31, 13 5:46 AM
Belgium

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 31, 13 5:43 AM
Thank you for your answer.

So actually it's much cheaper to use 12 gold to unlock that mini-game, rather than buy the fire breathing dragon for 50 gold.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 31, 13 4:24 AM
To unlock the mini-game Binoculars 7 in the Bird Watching building, it says:
"Get the fire dragon for the Antique Shop".
But do they mean the "Fire breathing dragon" or the "Fey dragon" ?
I don't want to waste my gold or coins on the wrong one.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 31, 13 2:01 AM
wingz75 wrote:I did not receive the gold bars for completing the Christmas quests. Also, I have been having trouble with the daily quests. I have only been able to complete a few because I did not have the correct games within the buildings. I saw the "Tiny Seeds" game today and was happy since I had unlocked that game yesterday. I went to the Ranger's Office and 4 of the games are now missing. Does anyone else have this problem?

Maybe you are referring to the problem described in this post ?:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/500/257557.page#5588216
(if the link doesn't work, scroll back to page 26 of this thread and look for a post under my name)

It seems that some of us can't scroll to the bottom row of the mini-games in a normal way.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 30, 13 4:06 AM
True.
Looking back I probably should have used the macaroni and cheese more often.
My max energy would have been higher now.

Problem is that the macaroni and cheese is a real long-term investment. It only increases the maximum by 30 points, but costs twice as much as a pizza. To achieve short term progress, you're inclined to buy 2 pizzas for that amount of coins.

An example: if your max energy is 1000, 2 pizzas will give you 2000 energy points. To equal that with a macaroni and cheese, you have to max out your energy another 32 times (with pizza, lasagna, m&c or level up) after using the macaroni and cheese.

From then on, your investment starts to pay off. If you intend to play for a long time, the macaroni and cheese is definitely the better option, especially so when your max energy is still low.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 4:58 AM
Still, for 4000 coins you're better off buying 5 clam chowders, giving you 5*10 energy points, rather than 1 eggplant parmigiana, giving you only 30.
Same with the angel hair pesto: 8000 coins, giving you only 60 energy points, compared to 10*10 = 100 energy points for 10 clam chowders.

And for beginning players who are still in the lower levels:
The 35000 coins for the pizza would buy you 43 clam chowders, equalling 430 energy points. So it's only worth it to buy pizzas when your maximum energy exceeds 430.

Additionally: there are awards for buying food items a certain number of times; you will reach these numbers sooner buying clam chowders.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 4:42 AM
I changed my name yesterday, and it didn't give me any problems.

This is how:
Click on your avatar in the top left corner
This shows you your "licence".
Then click on the green "edit" button.
Now you can change your name and avatar picture.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 3:44 AM
One day auctions for me too.

I normally don't even bid on items with an auction time of more than 1 day.

From a buyer point of view:
Who wants to wait 4, 5 or more days for an item one needs ? And your money is blocked for the whole time; so if you really want the item, it's better to wait with your bid until time has almost run out.

From a seller point of view:
The longer the auction time, the longer you have to wait for your money.
Only advantage of a long auction time I can see, is that you don't need to re-auction items that don't get sold that often.

I feel they should get rid of that option and stick to 1 day auction times only.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 29, 13 1:10 AM
This complaint is all over the forum.
There isn't a single person mentioning that he/she DID actually receive this bonus.

This can't be too difficult to fix, can it ?
All we need is a new (dummy) quest that goes and checks if all four collections have been completed.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Dec 28, 13 4:07 AM
COOLAZTAB wrote:like many others here I have been having trophy credit issues since the last update. I also have an issue with my mini games; I have at least two quest that I cannot complete because I cannot scroll down to the missions I have searched the forum but have seen no mention of this particular problem. When i roll the bar down in the mini games i cannot see the last row of chapters but if I place my mouse on the last row showing and push upward I can see where the quest are but cannot access them because if I let go of the mouse they retract. can some one please help. I have lost valuable on the Christmas missions because of this and cannot move forward with regular missions until I complete one in the stamp collectors. the other that I noticed is in the porcelain shop.

I had the same problem.
I solved it this way:
scroll to the bottom
place your cursor under the last row
push upward while holding the left mouse button
right-click the mini-game you want to play while still holding the left mouse button.

I hope this helps.

Dirk.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator