Posts created by flutterbyz24

posted in Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 17 11:11 AM
The game is running slow for me. It takes an inordinate amount of time to load a scene or move from one location to the next. No other game is acting this way. I'm using a Dell PC with Windows 10. All updates are installed. The game works - it's just thinking too hard....

posted in Holiday Jigsaw Christmas 3 on Dec 10, 16 4:55 PM
The puzzles are not the same colors as the pictures on my computer. Is this right or is there another issue here? No other games present this problem so I'm sure it is not my video card!

I have reached the HOP in Adam's room and there are no items listed. The hint says I better move along but there is nothing left to do. Even the strategy guide is saying the HOP is next!

posted in Maestro: Dark Talent Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 14 7:18 PM
I am also having the skip button issue. Irritating. I've already bought the game. Hopefully the developers will fix it.....

posted in Manor Memoirs Collector's Edition on Aug 23, 14 6:41 AM
I had the same issue with names of items not showing - just a blank spot. Had to leave it for the last and use the hint button. No other issues. (Windows 7 OS)

posted in Age of Mahjong on Feb 27, 13 3:28 PM
Played 3 games and then the screen froze. Then came the access error violation window which gave me a black screen and would not allow me to even access my task manager to shut it down.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition on Oct 12, 12 8:29 AM
As much as I like BFG I'm tired of being told to check my settings, etc. when there are problems with games. I never post about problems until I've already tried everything to fix the problem. Since I've seen the access violation before in other games I'm well aware of the fixes that are suggested. With the number of different problems users are experiencing with this particular game I suggest the author of the game go back in and do some due diligence. I will not be purchasing this game until there seems to be some resolution to these issues. I've got plenty of games to keep me happy!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 12 5:53 PM
I got the access violation too. I refuse to deal with this. I'm not paying for a CE that won't run correctly. Guess this will be a no look - no buy for me.

posted in The Chronicles of Emerland Solitaire on Sep 16, 12 12:21 PM
I'm having the freezing/access violation as well. It only happens when I have the "level complete" screen up. Irritating. I also have everything up to date on my computer so I know it's not out of date hardware/software. I also have BFG running in adminstrator mode. Hopefully they will have a fix for this soon!

posted in Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale on May 6, 11 7:34 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:Yes the art is beautiful, but it didn't grab me as a CE, nor now as an SE. I am just not into the story at all. No buy for me.
For those who like this type of story have fun.
I also remember folks saying it was short, which is a definite no for me. But my memory could be bad too

Wasn't short for me - by my standards. My final measure of a game is not in how long it is but will I play it again. I definitely will play this one again!

posted in Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale on May 6, 11 7:32 PM
I started the demo this morning and did not want to stop playing to go to work! I used one of my free game credits to purchase the game. Yes - I did have some technical difficulties. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Worked like a charm afterwards. I will admit the hints were frustrating at times - "go to the chasm to find a wheel".... and I had no idea exactly where the chasm was. The map could be a bit more explicit! But it was interactive, engaging, and fun. This is the first game in a long time I just couldn't stop playing. Now I'm going to have to wait impatiently for the next one.....

posted in Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale on May 6, 11 7:27 PM
flutterbyz24 wrote:
kellbell8288 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or not, but i seem to be stuck in my game. I am attempting to put the fall emblem on the child to free it and open the winter door, but the hallway is locked by a pink shield. I don't know how to get rid of it so I can open the winter door, and the game just tells me to put the emblem on the child when I push the hint button. All the walkthroughs I've seen don't cover how you get the pink shield down, so until a walkthrough comes along and explains what I'm missing, i think I'm stuck in the game. I hope this isn't some glitch in the game, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone eles is having this problem as well.

I am having the same problem. The crystal is missing but the crystal is nowhere to be found and I just keep being told to put the jewel on the child. Maybe I bought this too soon?

I finally uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Picked up where I left off but doors were open that weren't open and I was out of my "loop". I was so intrigued with the game I finished it tonight!

posted in Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale on May 6, 11 3:34 PM
kellbell8288 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or not, but i seem to be stuck in my game. I am attempting to put the fall emblem on the child to free it and open the winter door, but the hallway is locked by a pink shield. I don't know how to get rid of it so I can open the winter door, and the game just tells me to put the emblem on the child when I push the hint button. All the walkthroughs I've seen don't cover how you get the pink shield down, so until a walkthrough comes along and explains what I'm missing, i think I'm stuck in the game. I hope this isn't some glitch in the game, but I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone eles is having this problem as well.

I am having the same problem. The crystal is missing but the crystal is nowhere to be found and I just keep being told to put the jewel on the child. Maybe I bought this too soon?

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 2, 11 7:20 PM
Just an FYI - I keep a magnifying glass near my laptop to help with the small items. It has saved me from frustration soooo many times! Love this game. Will definitely use one of my credits for this!

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 11 6:17 PM
I just finished the demo. Found myself immersed. Decided to read reviews. Should have known better - all it did was keep me on the fence! Like many I was frustrated when I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to go in the town until I realized I didn't have to go straight. DUH.....
I love the mix of search, hidden objects, and puzzles. Personally I can't see a difference in the quality of the artwork between this one and the earlier Puppet Show games. But I choose games based on 1) what I like to play; 2) what my mood is at the time; and 3) how immersed I find myself during the trial period.
So - have I decided whether to buy this or not? No yet. But I'm on Spring Break next week so I might just need the diversion!

posted in Renovate & Relocate: Boston on Oct 10, 10 4:55 AM
So many here had the same thoughts about this game - just too boring. I am one that tends to play games with no sound on at all. So no matter what the soundtrack is that is not a make or break decision for me.

I found it funny that I didn't even notice the spelling errors. I wasn't paying that close of attention to the game - which tells me I really was bored!

I won't be purchasing the game - that's for sure. Luckily for me the Dark Tales......Black Cat finally came out as a regular game. I've been waiting for that!

posted in Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition on May 27, 10 6:03 PM
I had no issues with the game or accessing the strategy guide during my trial period. I haven't decided whether to buy yet or not - but technical issues were not a problem. For those of you running a Windows operating system - make sure all your updates are installed. Sometimes it does make a difference.

posted in Nora Roberts Vision in White on Mar 22, 10 2:30 PM
I, like several others, have read this book and thoroughly enjoyed the book. While the game wasn't taxing it does have frustrating moments trying to find objects that are "white on white" for example.

I won't be buying this because I already know how the story ends and I'd prefer something with a bit more challenge. The upside to this game is that there is a non-timed version and you can take as long as you'd like to get through each scene.

An earlier poster mentioned the J.D. Robb series - I love those books but if they turn those into games I certainly hope they are more interactive rather than just strictly hidden object.

And one last thought - if the background "noise" becomes too irritating - do what I do - turn the sound off!

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 21, 10 10:15 AM
Beautiful scenes; frustrating play. I think, for me, not having a skip button on the puzzles was what made me decide I won't purchase this game. It is hard on older eyes - I had to pull out the magnifying glass and still couldn't find some of the items that were basically the same color as where they were hidden. Nice thing about BF - if you don't like a game - just wait til tomorrow - you might get one you want!

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Feb 20, 10 2:16 PM
I tend to leave games for a long time and come back to them after I've finished them. By that time I've forgotten a lot! This game had me hooked - when the demo was up - I immediately got it. Just finished it. It is a to be continued.... like so many of these lately.

I am not having any technical issues (no grainy scenes at all). The only one I've run into was the red box in the BFG manager. Did not cause any problems with the game.

If I worried about replay value too much I would rarely buy a game. I just enjoy it for what it is - and 6 months from now I may go back!

Have fun!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator