Posts created by catbag8717

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake on Dec 20, 17 1:23 AM
This is really weird. Found two video tapes in the game, but never ever used them nor was given the chance to. The game ended without discovering the purpose of the video tapes. What was their purpose and have I missed something?

posted in Governor of Poker 2 on Oct 8, 17 11:38 PM
Hi all so I'm playing through this and I'm trying to get to Lubbock from Amarillo but the train won't take me there? It says I need to buy a ticket and then only takes me to orange, red and purple cites. How do I get to Lubbock?

posted in Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace Collector's Edition on Jan 21, 17 6:06 PM
I just got tired of reviewing. It takes too much time.

posted in PuppetShow: Bloody Rosie on Dec 16, 16 1:46 AM
(Because why not?)

Which version would you recommend and why? Does the main game end conclusively?

BASED ON DEMO

I usually love Christmas games and there are so many great ones out there, so when Daily Magic (one of my favourite developers) jumped on board, I was so eager to try it. What a let down. There was not a single positive thing about it. This is definitely a Christmas nightmare that I won't be asking for these holidays.

Where to start with the story? After an eventless opening, it continued dull and lifeless, with no zest, no excitement, no twists, absolutely nothing. I made half an hour through the demo and not a single noteworthy thing happened. It was one of the most slow stories I've ever come across and really should have been a lot faster or at least had some sort of attraction to it. In addition it seemed so similar to all previous stories (evil man tries to destroy town) by this developer that the only thing distinguishing it was the Christmas theme. I tried as hard as I could to make it to the end of the demo but there was absolutely no reason to try. I was bored to tears by the time I finally quit and was actually prompted to write a review for the first time in nearly a year just to tell you all how bad it was. Really dull, boring story.

What usually wins me over with this developer is the gameplay, but that was a little off too. I usually love the HOS but they seemed so hum-drum and cookie cutter and not at all different. The puzzles were okay, nothing special. There was a little magical star feature you got to overcome dark magic, which was activated by a match 3 game. That was fun the first time but 3 times in half an hour makes it an overused chore. The adventure part of the game was very simple. It was easy, did not require much thinking, and there was not much to do in each area. I was pleased with the minimal amount of backtacking, and the jump map saves even more time. Overall, though, quite dull gameplay that brings nothing new to the table.

The graphics of the game were probably the best part. They used a lot of bright colours perfectly suited to the Christmas theme. Scenes were clear and with just the right amount of brightness, so good job.

CE OR SE?
I personally recommend neither, but if you enjoy this game, I fully recommend the SE. The CE bonus content is not enough to warrant a CE purchase.

Overall, this was such a dull and lifeless game with nothing positive to write about. There are so many better Christmas games out there that I wouldn't bother with this one.

posted in Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time on Dec 12, 16 3:12 AM
I can't for the life of me find the file in the dock HOS! Can someone tell me where it is? Hint is useless at it is directing me to the box (the one I need the file to open), so help would be appreciated.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 10, 16 5:11 PM
Have they changed? I recently played the new Surface one and the HOS were so easy that I didn't even have to use a hint. One of the reviewers called them "unhidden object scenes" and I am inclined to agree.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 10, 16 5:10 PM
sunshinej wrote:Starting from the first one to the current game.

1. Mystery Trackers: The Void
2. Mystery Trackers: Raincliff
3. Mystery Trackers: Black Isle
4. Mystery Trackers: Four Aces
5, Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow
6. Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms
7. Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret
8. Mystery Trackers: Nightville Horror
9. Mystery Trackers: Winterpoint Tragedy
10.Mystery Trackers: Paxton Creek Avenger
11.Mystery Trackers: Train to Hellswich
12.Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts - current game

Is Paxton Creek the one where (highlight for spoiler) the MT head's daughter gets kidnapped? That one has been interesting me for a while. What's it like?

posted in Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle on Jul 11, 16 4:45 AM
Hi all,

Level 49 is driving me MAD! There's broken down things everywhere, hearts are dropping like flies, it's driving me insane! Has anyone got any suggestions on which stations to fix first or how to tackle this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm 2 levels away from finishing and I don't want to give up!

posted in Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle on Apr 29, 16 6:22 AM
Hey all!

Which one would you recommend and why? More importantly, does the main game end conclusively?

I haven't played this game so I wouldn't know. Enlighten me!
Thanks!

posted in Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 16 2:56 AM
Hi all,

Are there any other games from 4 Friends apart from the Living Legend series? I really don't want to play that one because I don't like it. I just wanted to know if there are any other good games?

posted in Cadenza: The Kiss of Death on Apr 18, 16 11:00 PM
Hi all,

I'm stuck on the punch card in the hospital. The clue is confusing me as there are six rows on the clue but only five on the punchcard! There is also a B6 D4 thing on there too but that just confuses me more! What do I have to do??

RATING:

The Dark Tales series is one of my favourites of all time, so I get excited whenever I see a new release. I was concerned when I saw all the negative reviews, and now, having played it, I understand why. This game had such high potential, but was so poorly executed.

The story was the best part of the game, but even that lacked good execution. There was a warning about disturbing scenes and violence, and I wasn't disappointed with the opening. It was well crafted, gripping, and made me want more. From there, the story slowed down a bit to the point where it got a little boring. It just crawled along at a steady pace with not many twists and turns and got a little predictable. The supposed "cliffhanger" to end the demo with was also executed quite poorly, and was not in the least exciting. I feel like a lot more could and should have been done with it. A wonderful opening soon turned into a lackluster affair. I feel this story could get good as the game progresses, but I'm not willing to take that chance.

The gameplay was an absolute nightmare. It just seemed to be one HOS or puzzle after another with very little in between. For a so-called "adventure" game, there was very little adventuring to do, maybe a max of two or three things to do per scene, which is nowhere near enough. The HOS and Puzzles were absolutely everywhere, were incredibly easy, and just got very boring very fast, and the one puzzle that wasn't easy was just confusing. I found the gameplay was quite basic, too, with very straightforward tasks that required little to no thinking, and minimal special features (only one being + objects) and even they got annoying. I had to visit my little box several times throughout the demo, and in the end, just got annoyed with it. As with the story, I feel like the gameplay had a lot more potential. I would safely say that this game was completely ruined by poor execution of gameplay, and that is such a shame.

The graphics were the standard for ERS- beautifully drawn with a sense of antiquity about them. Lovely character designs, visually appealing, realistic scenes. Very nice.
Unfortunately, the voice overs weren't so nice. They were over-acted, with Dupin's especially being dragged out and annoying. I wasn't impressed with the voice-overs at all.
To sum it up, this game is just one giant load of wasted potential. It had a promising storyline, but was ruined by poor execution. This game is a bad mark on the series.

Yeah, I felt the ending was abrupt and way too boring for a cliffhanger. They would have been better off ending it with something more exciting and less with something that felt like just a lead-up to a twist.

I got so confused because I could have sworn there was a game called "Letters from the Past" before this one..

posted in Christmas Stories: Puss in Boots Collector's Edition on Dec 8, 15 11:40 PM
This is honestly the best game of the series and will be one of my favourites. As a cat lover, a Christmas Stories lover, this has it all. Great, light-yet-mysterious story still full of fantastic twists, FANTASTIC gameplay, great HOS and puzzles, wonderful graphics... I'm not gonna go into details on a forum post but this is FANTASTIC! Definitely buying this one.

PS- 18 and generally HATE cutesy cuddly games, but this is a keeper.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Brassfield Manor on Apr 10, 15 2:20 AM
That post again!

Which one did you pick and why? What would you recommend to others?
Furthermore, did the main game end conclusively?

Here's my advice:
"I find collectibles distracting, so I would purchase the SE. In terms of value, I think Eipix has stepped it down majorly, so I would advise you to get the SE too."

posted in Small Town Terrors: Galdor's Bluff on Apr 5, 15 10:19 PM
From memory, the CE has VERY LITTLE extras. I'd go with the SE.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost on Apr 3, 15 2:07 AM
That post again!

Which one did you pick and why? What would you recommend to others? Does the main game end conclusively?

I'm going with the SE because the bonus content didn't appeal to me at all. The test was just strange.

posted in Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception on Mar 30, 15 3:34 AM
I know! I LOVE that game so much!

I got the SE last year, and it's my third favourite (behind Chimeras and Ominous Objects) game of all time. I loved its creepy story... I've played it 6 times I believe.

So yes, get it now!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator