Posts created by annieliz1

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Sep 24, 17 4:43 AM
Can anyone help with this?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 16 8:03 AM
In a fit of pique yesterday I uninstalled Windows 10. It was not affecting my MC playing but I decided I did not like it; if this was Facebook I would have unfriended it. My simple mind could not get round all the complicated way of doing things. I wanted a programme that just said "Start" "All programs" and things like that instead of chasing all over the place to find things and often giving up in despair. Anyway to cut a long boring story short I have mislaid my game in the process. BF have been asked to restore it (I only hope they can) but until then I will not be gifting for a few days. I am a bit all over the place at the moment anyway; one of those periods in life where nothing seems to work properly and general confusion (nothing major, just lots of bits and pieces).

Please bear with me.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 10, 16 11:18 AM
Good thinking, susiewastaken. I fully realise that I may have just struck lucky and may have not solved the world's problems but it would be good if I could help even one person. I just need to work out how to change the title of this thread.

Okay, what did I do. I clicked on Help at the top of the screen.

At Help screen I clicked on "Game crashing, freezing or blank screen" Under the hearing "Suggested troubleshooting steps" there are six suggestions any of which might well help some players but I was getting hysterical by this time and didn't bother. Then I saw at the bottom of the screen "People who read this answer also viewed..." - and it listed five options one of which is "Windows 10". So I went there.

Under "Windows 10" I clicked on "What if my games crash, freeze or won't play" and there I found a list of instructions under "Windows Update". You can of course find these instructions for yourself but they read:

1.Open the Start menu.
2.Select Settings.
3.Select Updates and Security.
4.Click Windows Update.
5.Make sure that the check box for Check online for updates from Windows Update is selected.
6.Click Check for Updates.
7.Make sure to download and install all critical updates.
8.Once the updates are complete, restart your computer and try downloading or playing your game again.

And I did, and it worked! I would love it if this helped someone else. Computer technology frightens me; we didn't have computers when I was at school and while I had to use many computer programmes in my work I never had the faintest clue how they worked. And I still don't.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 10, 16 7:59 AM
Anneke_B wrote:I had the same problem. It opens and said there was a problem and closes the program. I tried it several times and suddenly its starts with installing the update.The download of the update was no problem. A zillion times the same problem with closing, but every time I tried it again the installing was a couple percent further. At the end MC was complete upgraded and now I'm playing fine.

Yeah, you too. It's a really good feeling, isn't it!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 10, 16 7:58 AM
I am the cleverest; I am the most brilliant. Let's have a party, open the champagne, dance on the tables. I have solved the problems (with the help of the Help section of BF). I actually managed to follow the instructions and get an outcome!

When I first downloaded WIndows 10 I was full of trepidation. I imagined the computer exploding, throwing fiery shards in all directions and generally destroying all the houses in my street. Well, that didn't happen and I was relieved that I could still access some of my games and programmes. When I discovered the problem with MC closing down because of an error I was just going to push it all to the BF Technical people along with a Dr Felix report when I decided to try my hand at the suggestions concerning updates. It took a while for this to work through but - when it was completed and I restarted the computer - MC worked just as it had done before.

I am so completely technically illiterate this is a great day for me; I have resolved a problem on my computer. I totally realise that other people may have different problems that cannot be resolved by working through the list of updates but if anyone is as useless as I am and are suffering similar problems I will try to help you if I can.

I am so happy!!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 10, 16 4:13 AM
Feeling reckless I pushed the button and took Windows 10 on board. Terrifying for me! Well, some things are working but not others. MC opens but very quickly closes with a note saying that a problem has been found (I myself may be the problem!). I can play other games purchased from BF but not MC presumably because it is a bit more complicated what with interacting with other people.

The internet appears to be working okay (I had used Microsoft Explorer as my browser previously but now seem to have Microsoft Edge - is it okay?) and I am receiving emails so I don't know why there is a problem with MC. Will send a message to the technical team seeking their help. In the meantime I won't be able to gift anything until it is fixed which I sincerely hope will not be too long.

One strange thing (actually everything happening is a strange thing to me). When I entered my email address to log into BF instead of getting the ampersand symbol I got the double speech marks symbol. So working on that logic when I wanted to enter the ampersand symbol I pressed the key showing the double speech symbol and - you've guessed it - the ampersand showed up. Don't know if this relates to Windows 10 or whether the keyboard is losing its mind.

Will let you know when problems are resolved. Please bear with me.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 7, 16 1:53 AM
Linalie wrote:
esheley wrote:I'm starting to think the developers are a bunch of Zen monks who believe it is their duty to teach us patience.

Too funny...and probably true!

Or just a bunch of sadists (only joking, mods!) I can imagine one day seeing a newspaper headline about a sadistic gang who made their victims play MC for hours on end.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 6, 16 11:11 AM
Hi there gohill. We seem to have given much the same message!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 6, 16 11:09 AM
Speaking from my own experience, this becomes commonplace as the game moves forward. When I was at your level I was constantly doing the rounds of all the HOs to build up inventory and coins - and very tedious it seemed although I knew it was necessary for the hard times that would be coming up as the game progressed. Well, with recent changes to the game, you won't build up as much inventory as we did - these were the heady days when you got an inventory item in reward for each HOS you did. Now, more often than not, you will get 15 coins or a shard in its place although you will still receive inventory items sometimes. I know it is frustrating but that is the way the game has to be played. I have used diamonds only extremely rarely, telling myself that there was no hurry, the game would still be there and that still holds good now. You need stamina and patience as I am sure you have already learned.

I hope you have collected a good group of friends with whom to exchange inventory items; they are such a godsend in difficult times and I have found that friends are in the main very kind and generous. It also helps to be able to discuss your moans and successes on the forum as you go along.

Sorry I cannot give you the kind of answer you want. Perhaps other players/forum users can give you more cheer.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 6, 16 9:56 AM
The airship taking off on its own has been happening to me for ages; I just thought it was yet something else beyond my comprehension. I log in first thing in the morning and amongst other things look at the daily quests. If the first one needs the airship I go to send it off only to either see it taking off in front of my eyes or alternatively the timer showing it took off within the last few seconds. This bears no relation to when I last used it. The computer has been off all night and I could sort of understand it going off on its own as soon as I log in but why should it suddenly take off half an hour after I logged in?

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 3, 16 10:39 AM
If you have made if this far then you have the stamina to keep going! Lots of players who give us do so in the 40 plus levels. At least now you have the interest of a new area which definitely helps. Make good use of friends - who will certainly help you - and go for it!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 2, 16 2:28 PM
Thanks for taking the time to make contact with us. Look after yourself as well as your husband. Hope things improve soon.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 2, 16 6:07 AM
I play on a pc and don't know if iPad players had access to the tournaments when they were available previously. So, just in case you have never played, here is what you are missing:

They are basically five Hidden Object Scenes which also contain flowers (usually no more than 3) for which you have to seek. You need to find the hidden objects as quickly as possible to gain high points (you get points for finishing quickly and/or not making any errors) . People play differently: I have had some of my highest points playing scattergun but in my sedate old age I now play in a more seemly fashion. Anyway, when you have done all the HO scenes the number of flowers you have found comes into play on the spinning wheel. For every 3 flowers you get a spin of the wheel. You can get extra points on the wheel; up to 50% of your original score. If, for instance, you have found 12 flowers you get four spins on the wheel and depending on where you land your score can go up quite a lot. Say you had 90,000 points; you can get a spin increasing your score by 50% i.e. it goes up to 135,000. On the next spin if you get say 10% it goes up by 10% of the 135,000 and so on. Your final score determines your position on the list of people who have played. You can win some diamonds if you are high on the list and also there is an achievement for being in the top 100.

Hope this makes some sense. If it doesn't perhaps somebody else can give a more lucid explanation.

Oh, and you can play the game several times in each session. More if you spend diamonds to speed things up.

Of course if you have played the tournaments previously then you will know all of this!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 2, 16 12:00 AM
hands2calmu wrote:I'm at the same place, but what 4 new pets are you talking about and how do you get them?
Has there been any release date mentioned for our update?

You will need 50 keys for each of the pets. When you get 50 place them in the drop zone in the furthest part of the dark tower (they only fit in the one place) and you will get one. Repeat until you have all four.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 1, 16 11:54 PM
I think I am in but what are you lining us up for? [Removed by Moderator] Or just hold a party somewhere?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 29, 16 8:17 AM
Well, I am not celebrating yet as they have not committed themselves to doing anything that people want them to do. When I managed a large department that was the kind of email I would send out when I really meant "In your dreams!".

That may be a bit cynical. When we made unpopular changes we always went a bit further than absolutely necessary so that people would think we were great when we retreated by the smallest amount!

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 28, 16 12:44 AM
I suspect a huge number of people have played without spending any of their own cash to do so. When the going gets tough we just sigh and get stuck in making the best use of free resources. Helps to have the forum to let off steam and receive help from friends NB MC players are incredibly generous and quick to give anyone a hand up.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 28, 16 12:39 AM
I don't know about Android tournaments but if past information is anything to go by you will be getting even less than pc players. As pc players (unless you live in USA timezones) don't have anything at all I would say that Android players have minus nothing at present(!) We shall just have to wait and see.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 27, 16 2:08 PM
If I remember correctly it was shortly before Easter. As this was the first spring event for me I don't know whether it was linked directly to Easter (which is of course a moveable feast) or whether it happens at the same time every year. In 2015 Easter Sunday was on 5 April. In 2016 Easter Sunday will be 27 March. So either way the spring event should begin late in March/beginning of April. Can somebody else confirm the practice in previous years?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 27, 16 3:25 AM
Oh no, not again. What are the items you need the most? Rescue services on the road!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator