Posts created by ktaggart57

posted in Howlville: The Dark Past on Jul 13, 12 11:57 AM
I'm having the same problem on my iMac - not being able to rotate the puzzle pieces in the hotel. (Frankly, I'm getting tired of running into this problem in various games marketed for Macs - don't they test these things?) The game looks like a lot of fun,
if they can fix this problem.

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Jun 19, 12 8:43 PM
toejam216 wrote:I'm using a MAC and can't get the photo pieces to rotate. Help.

I just tried this demo, and I'm having the same problem - can't figure out any
way to simulate the right click with the one-button mac mouse (tried control key,
which usually works; shift key, which sometimes works; and every other key).
Looks like this problem was reported ages ago -- will it ever be fixed?

I'm SO disappointed in this game! I loved "Devil's Triangle", but the developers seem to have rushed this one without sufficient testing or oversight. The game didn't behave right in lots of places. Items were mentioned in the journal before being encountered in the game. Either certain items required clicking in very specific places, or refused to recognize clicks until something else was done first. The game says you need the instructions for the egg machine from the gallery, but these didn't get recorded anywhere for later use. In any event, the egg machine instructions already told you everything you needed to know. Some background scenes don't match close-up scenes, as in the burning house. In the last HOG scene in the bonus chapter, I couldn't find the last pair of linked items (and I clicked on EVERYTHING. Exited the room and accidentally clicked on the crate. Re-entered the room and the display at the bottom showed the "1 related pair" crossed out, but the message didn't go away, so the game didn't recognize that I had finished the HOG exercise. Exited the room and the crate had disappeared, so I couldn't finish the game. Lot's of spelling/grammar mistakes. VERY FRUSTRATING. Just seems like sloppy work, not worthy of this franchise. In addition, the puzzles were way too easy. On a positive note, it looked great, and I appreciate the humor and whimsy. I wonder if some of the technical problems are
Mac specific...?

I'm SO disappointed in this game! I loved "Devil's Triangle", but the developers seem to have rushed this one without sufficient testing or oversight. The game didn't behave right in lots of places. Items were mentioned in the journal before being encountered in the game. Either certain items required clicking in very specific places, or refused to recognize clicks until something else was done first. The game says you need the instructions for the egg machine from the gallery, but these didn't get recorded anywhere for later use. In any event, the egg machine instructions already told you everything you needed to know. Some background scenes don't match close-up scenes, as in the burning house. In the last HOG scene in the bonus chapter, I couldn't find the last pair of linked items (and I clicked on EVERYTHING. Exited the room and accidentally clicked on the crate. Re-entered the room and the display at the bottom showed the "1 related pair" crossed out, but the message didn't go away, so the game didn't recognize that I had finished the HOG exercise. Exited the room and the crate had disappeared, so I couldn't finish the game. Lot's of spelling/grammar mistakes. VERY FRUSTRATING. Just seems like sloppy work, not worthy of this franchise. I wonder if some of the technical problems are Mac specific...?

posted in Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost on Jun 16, 12 4:27 PM
I'm having the same problem on my iMac.

msgillian wrote:Hi, I have a macbook pro and I can't seem to get the game to recognize right clicks in the screwdriver puzzle. The help forum advice didn't fix the issue- any other advice?

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock on Jun 6, 12 11:32 AM
I'm stuck on the triangle door lock in the bonus chapter. The missing pieces were
placed in the wrong spots, and there is no way to move them, so the pieces can't
be adjusted properly to solve the puzzle. Any suggestions?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator