Posts created by Kamille_59

posted in Between the Worlds III on Jan 17, 13 1:08 AM
Just like LovetoMissLisa and BearKat, I am the one who also greatly enjoyed the whole series and this part in particular.

I adored the graphics of this game to a great extent. I appreciated the puzzles and HOS. I do not think all the puzzles were that easy: some of them really deserved effort.
And I admired the plot, although without having played Between the Worlds II I guess it is hard for some to get in the game completely.

As the say, different games for different tastes...

posted in Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems on Jan 8, 13 7:55 AM
Can't but agree with you both, guys.
The game is "overpuzzly" to my taste. Simply not for everyone.

posted in Break the Curse: The Crimson Gems on Jan 8, 13 7:52 AM
fluffyalso wrote: I am enjoying okay game play but find the puzzles puzzling. Some are straight forward and can be done in a reasonable amount of time. Others are either too hard to figure out or take too many steps to complete.

Agree, the puzzles were the reason I decided to stay away. Rather difficult and too many of them

posted in The Missing: Island of Lost Ships on Jan 8, 13 7:15 AM
kdubs wrote:After such mixed reviews, I was pleasantly surprised by this game!

This was my case, too: I was on the verge of giving it up, but luckily I tried and it was fantastic! Especially the cute humor

posted in Big City Adventure: Paris on Jan 3, 13 3:48 AM
Love the series, love Paris, love the fact the game preserved the general concept of straight HOG.
Relax, buy, play,

posted in Judge Dee: The City God Case on Nov 9, 12 4:29 AM
minesita wrote:Did you do the HO after you cure the girls? you 'll be find the ginger. You combine the ink and mandrake and voila you cure the girls.
Hope I answered your question.

thanks, minesita!
I finally figured out where I was wrong.

posted in Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden on Nov 9, 12 2:41 AM
Guys, thanks everyone for the helpful comments .
Now off to buy this gem !

posted in Mysteriez on Nov 9, 12 1:43 AM
Stay away and do not waste your time.

Horribly boring...

The demo tipped my decision to buy the game.
Thumbs up for the catchy storyline that makes you wonder what will be next and really incredible visuals!

posted in Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery on Sep 21, 12 3:04 AM
MishaI03 wrote:such a small thing to miss!! thanks for the clue : )

saved me too!

Well, as it often turns out, the clue lies in these small things .

posted in Criminal Stories: Presumed Partners on Sep 7, 12 9:59 AM
It is my rule not to give up on the games even if the game reviews are not that positive. This time I did as usual and unfortunately I must confess this game is cut out for someone else, but not me. I tried as hard as I can to find an appealing feature but I failed to do this. The game is outright easy, it is not meant for adults at all. So many instructions, who needs them? The most annoying of all I found the characters popping in and out. I was very much bored and won’t recommend to buy this one.

posted in Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition on Sep 6, 12 11:43 AM
Thanks everyone for comprehensive reviews as they helped me greatly to take a final decision. To avoid repetition, I will just say I am enchanted by this game. Gorgeous music, stunning visual effects, the story that draws you in till the end. The game made my day! Very happy with the purchase!

posted in Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town on Sep 6, 12 9:33 AM
It was a wonderful experience. Tales of Sorrow gave me more than I could expect. Captivating storyline and interesting characters. The game flows smoothly; great hint system is definitely a plus. HOS were not super challenging but challenging enough to have fun.
Give the game .

posted in Cases Of Stolen Beauty on Aug 10, 12 2:24 AM
I like games of various genres. So I decided to give it a try. It is not that bad as it seemed. Colorful and bright graphics, quite interesting plot. It’s a very relaxing game.
I realize many seasoned players will find it too easy. But still there should be different games to suit different tastes and abilities.

posted in Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Collector's Edition on Aug 10, 12 1:17 AM
Still hesitating? Just think what you will miss: extraordinary artwork, exceptional concept and on the whole an awesome game.
Eternal Journey is really worth your time and money!
Definitely a buy

First seeing the title, I thought to myself: “Or, dear. Why do they keep making games based on the same plots over and over again?”
Not going into details, I will just point on the major pluses and minuses.
Pluses: quite nice graphics
Minuses: irritating scrolling scenes and bad music.

Sorry, Big Fish. It’s not my type.

posted in Secrets of the Titanic 1912-2012 on Aug 9, 12 7:34 AM
After checking the reviews, I did not expect that much from the game. As it turned out it was for the best. You see, it is very hard to make something unique and fascinating from such an overused topic as Titanic.

This game may suit a beginner, a Titanicholic or a lover of straightforward HOGs.
No buy for me

posted in Chronoclasm Chronicles on Jul 2, 12 9:28 AM
As I saw the reviews on the front page, I did not know what to think. I thought, well, I give up. Maybe I will try it tomorrow. Next day I looked through the forum and promised to myself that I would download the demo. What I actually did.

I did not even realize that the demo has finished . I could not stop: I was on the edge of my seat, I needed to know what’s going to be next. I have no other choice but to buy it!

My favorite chapter is the Mayan civilization. Like the way it is portrayed.

I agree with LovetoMissLisa and rate the game PIGLET.

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse on Jul 2, 12 9:25 AM
Well done! Thumbs up to the developer!

posted in Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden on Jul 2, 12 9:19 AM
Vivid graphics, great storyline, a little bit different from what I am used to. Still I like it!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator