Posts created by MisterJoe

posted in Farm Up on Nov 6, 14 4:49 PM
no you won't have so long a wait it's ok. They are a bit slower than they used to be (fish in partic. have slowed down), but when they eat or drink it can knock off as much as 1 day plus 20 hrs, each time. The biggest difference is, if you don't feed and water them then yes, it WILL take a week.

And you don't use gold to feed them, you can buy clover, alfalfa and oats with the silver or just grow them.

I still think this update wasn't good particularly as there were NO new quests on the map. That was a disappointment. But the changed growth times for the animals are a bit of a red herring, tbh.

posted in Farm Up on Nov 6, 14 3:15 AM
Corky1057 wrote:Hey there MisterJoe. First time I've seen you on here! Welcome from me since I've not "met" you before. I think I'm going to forgo the update at this point. Too close to the end and too many habits to break to mess with this old mind!

Gotta know...where across the pond from me are you from?

hi Corky! I'm from Stoke (it's in the Midlands, not far from Manchester). And yeah, I've been a BFGer for many years, which tells you just how bad this new update must be if it finally made me delurk the forums

posted in Farm Up on Nov 5, 14 6:45 PM
lol just took another look. One of my cows is not going to be ready to milk again for ELEVEN DAYS! This can't be intentional. My guess is something has gone wrong with the update, so hopefully it will get fixed really soon. Meantime, I'm away to sleep for a week so that my chicken will have laid eggs when I wake up

posted in Farm Up on Nov 5, 14 6:37 PM
woah great advice! Will try this tomorrow, thanks!

posted in Farm Up on Nov 5, 14 6:24 PM
Two of each, and that seems to work fine for me. The pastry/bakery factories get by far the most use, so if I was starting over I'd probably do 1 each of dairy and canned, and 2-3 of clothes and bakery....but then again, what's the hurry?

posted in Farm Up on Nov 5, 14 6:12 PM
Yup. Not taking sides/arguing with anyone. But I play this game ONLy on BFG, ON a PC, and the November 5th Birthday update (for me, the first time an update showed since august, and I play every day) means animals now take a week to "mature" fleece or milk.

My guess is something has just gone wrong, and we need to wait to see what they do to fix it. I haven't spent much r/l cash on the game so far, only about £10 or so, but unless it gets fixed, I won't be playing it any more, I think!

posted in Farm Up on Nov 5, 14 6:01 PM
Have to agree. I signed in, saw there was an update and was delighted. But it turns out it isn't an update, it's a cash-grab :/

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator