Posts created by Penny1942

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 4:23 PM
I've been a member there for a year or so. Very little posting, mostly I'm quiet. Biggest bully from these forums doesn't seem to be around. For the most part everyone is friendly and they are all making us welcome.

Jennsmom, I too even after all this time find it hard to navigate. It definitely isn't as easy as these forums. But friendly which is most important.

posted in Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 18 11:06 AM
I'm going to swim upstream here. I enjoyed the game. Colorful graphics, good art work and a spooky kelpie. Didn't know that they were a part of malevolent spooks until I checked them out. Yes, we've all seen the story about abduction before. But frankly I'm glad not to pull my hair out trying to figure out what to do next. Thank goodness for the fast skip so I don't have to do the gadget thing. Remember, we have games wherein we can't skip the gadget. I will no doubt replay so I can find all the pumpkins and morphs.

Edited 4-17-18

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 18 8:27 AM
Super fun game. For once the 3rd installment of the sequel does not disappoint. Story line takes up where 2nd left off. Same great graphics, full customization so everyone can play however they like it. The same great jump map. Really good replay value.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 18 12:04 PM
pennmom36 wrote:Decent game, but what is up with the horrible, muddled, bland graphics?

I like the game but I too find the graphics less than stellar. Just sharpening them a little and bring up the color contrast would have improved them considerably. Other than that I'm happy with my purchase since I have all the HOS I could ask for and a quick skip for puzzles. I've not been looking for the Phoenix on the first play-through. Not a hard game and I'm not pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do next. Played some of my much older games this week and they were so hard I had to bail out so this is a relief for me.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 on Mar 21, 18 7:28 PM
Really liked the game. Word of warning, drag out your reading glasses. Some of the objects are really small. I couldn't find some of the garbage and had to use the hint a few times for the search objects. I have all of the series and enjoy them immensely.

I was happy to see a new Parables game today. But it went downhill very quickly. The hint and skip on the casual mode refill much quicker than in the past so I don’t really miss the custom setting. The FROGs don’t seem to be as intricate as in the past but they are still good, I just miss the old Blue Tea Bling. Music is fine. Don’t quite understand why there was no jump map, what was presented is extremely old school mapping. The magnifier doesn't work as a magnifier ?? The characters all looked as if they had been taken from a comic book rather than actual artwork. I'm just not a fan of Marvel Comic books. I’ve played thru about ¾ of the game and am enjoying it but it’s not up to the past quality of Red Riding Hood Sisters and The Last Cinderella et al. Just hope this isn’t the last one.

This was to have been a new release by Blue Tea with Eipix as publisher or so I understand.

Have y'all noticed that these games are like movies? The first one comes out, it's great and developers think they are on to a good thing and put out a sequel, and it's downhill from there. I haven't d/l the demo on this one yet so I'll go see but, from the reviews it doesn't look promising.

Edited: Well I bit, wanted to see what happened. Graphics great, didn't turn the sound on, colorful, story line OK, lots and lots of puzzles TYG for the fairly skip. Not very original name for "Princess" since she wasn't. I didn't mind the dog, I could ignore him, but, that old reprobate of a pirate for a hint was irritating. Would have put a sticky note over him if I could have. Thought it was a really easy game for beginners.

posted in Cursed House 5 on Feb 21, 18 8:27 AM
Another 4 star game this morning. Along with a great sale! I love the Cursed House games. They are relaxing and I can listen to my favorite TV shows while playing them. Seems I always have to be multi-tasking. The graphics are great, they have a variety of mini-games included some of which you can skip if you don't care to play. I have the entire series and they just keep getting better.

Happy gaming!

posted in Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition on Feb 20, 18 9:39 AM
Four Stars!!

Kudos to the Artifex graphics department!! These are the most beautiful graphics I've seen in a very long time. Really wish the series came to BF sooner since release 3 is already out but I'll try to be patient. Enjoying the game very much so I'm off to the maze to find that prince.

posted in Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery Collector's Edition on Feb 20, 18 9:06 AM
I'm using Windows 10 64 bit OS. Everything is working just fine. I would like to say that I have to turn off the McAfee virus scanning and Windows Firewall in order to get anything to d/l and function properly from BF.

I'm with Nanafraser, this is an OK game but as Valdy always says "I'm not thrown off my chair with excitement". The graphics are a tad too soft focus and the grey mist hangs over all. Maybe like wine it will improve with a little time. I'll play it again tomorrow. Have to go back and do bonus first... we'll see. But No. 1 I'm going to go play the first game in this series (thank you Penmom, I didn't have it on my GM) and see how the series is holding up.

I just don't care for puzzles but, as long as there is a skip and that includes in HOS I don't mind unless the puzzle deters you from moving forward in the story line. Sometimes the developers get carried away putting so many in that you lose sight of your main objective. The same goes for HOS, if you have to sort out a junk pile of items before you can open a door, that too can be a pain. So that being said I guess I'm looking for an adventure game without a gadget I have to use to get rid of little daemons blocking the door. LOL the human race is doomed to be never satisfied.

Thank you for the heads up about the puzzles that have no skip. I hate puzzles and never play them. I would have wasted my money on this one. I've complained before to no avail. I don't think developers even read our comments on BF. The one sure way of getting to them is to post it on Facebook if they have a site. That really gets their attention. Nobody wants bad press. I'll just wait for Saturday and see if it's a better game.

posted in Shadowplay: The Forsaken Island Collector's Edition on Feb 2, 18 2:08 PM
I finally got the d... thing to work by noticing the faint A, B, C on the outer rim and pointing the marker to the temp indicated for A, B, C and then using the hint to get through the rest of it. Hop this helps or that you made it through before now.

I hate games that don't have a skip in the puzzles because patience is not a virtue I have.

posted in Shadowplay: The Forsaken Island Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 18 10:51 AM
I was intrigued by this game until I got to the puzzle where you get the working wires for the cart. There are no clear cut instructions in the SE and there is no skip on a multilevel puzzle. For this impasse the game will very likely be deleted and never finished. I have placed the temperature levels precisely in every way imaginable and it just isn't working for me so I think I'm through, life is too short.

For several months the only way I can d/l any BF game and not run into some type of problem is to go to McAfee and in settings turn off the virus scan and firewall and set them to come back on when I restart my computer. This is really not a good solution but seems to be the only one that works.

Since this is being sold as a CE I expected at least a short ibe for reference on what or how to use the tools that you are working to purchase. I know that there is a description in the "store" but that wasn't what I was looking for. Am I missing something?

posted in Dark Romance: Winter Lily Collector's Edition on Jan 18, 18 3:09 PM
Pretty game. A lot of purple but I can live with it. Good graphics, didn't have the sound on so I never heard the squeaking fairy LOL, I'm just enjoying my favorite genre of game so no complaints.

Happy gaming!

posted in Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition on Dec 26, 17 1:01 PM
Fun game, thanks for the relaxed mode, awesome graphics, cute characters, music good, but chatty cathy has been let loose in this game, they never shut up and let you get on with it. In addition, the info dialogue boxes at the beginning of each level move so fast you have to be a speed reader to finish before it has zipped away. My only complaint is that the workers have to go get the produced goods and they are not effective until the worker gets back to home base.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts Collector's Edition on Dec 21, 17 1:08 PM
Super Christmas game Daily Magic! Superb graphics, music and artwork. Good story line that held my interest all the way through. Although it is a sad story about children that feel abandoned, and think they must act out in sheer anger and frustration, there is redemption in the end.

Merry Christmas and Happy Gaming!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator