Posts created by LD3333

posted in Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition on Mar 16, 18 1:14 PM
Calais30 wrote:I haven't had any problems with Delicious games on ****.
Either you haven't played them all or you're the only one.
The last Delicious game has 4 pages of complaints on this site alone.

Check here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1021239.page

Is it my imagination, or did they reuse all the backgrounds from the first game?

posted in Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 18 11:07 PM
airbrake wrote:Almost all the games that I and others have had problems with have never been fixed and are still offered. So Big Fish is listening? Big Fish is doing their job? Big Fish is providing adequate Technical support by offering a coupon and not going after the developer to fix their games?

I believe Big Fish does listen and work hard at their jobs. They report the problems to the developers. But again, it's the developer, not Big Fish who has to fix their games.
There are many game sites and forums that report problems as well. Is it there fault that the developer can't or won't fix it? Big Fish is just one of many distributors who provide these games. Other than offer general technical support information, Big Fish provides replacement codes, which I think very generous.

posted in Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 18 6:33 PM
The problem is not Big Fish Games testing their games. The problem is the developer is releasing untested games. I used to work in QA for a game developer and saw how they gave the green light to games which were not complete, just to make enough for their quarter. It is the developers who are responsible. They are the ones who are not listening or fixing the problems. Look at their previous title "Moms vs. Dads" that came out months ago. And it still freezes and crashes! If the creators did nothing to fix that one, do you really think they will be bothered with this one?
The version of this game is Feb 5, so I know it's the release version. And yet, there are some simple fixes they could do, like having difficulty settings again, something players have been requesting on all the sites. Big Fish Games responds and they do listen, but it's apparent the developers are not. It's easier for them to crank out another game in a series to make a profit than to fix the many ongoing problems that exist. They're banking on that familiar name recognition to sell their games. But the real question is, will you buy it? That is the best way of getting their attention.

posted in Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition on Mar 13, 18 8:23 AM
Cookyville wrote:I REALLY dislike this game

You're not alone. This is the poorest and buggiest in the series so far.

posted in Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition on Mar 13, 18 5:23 AM
Game crashes with the following error: Access violation at 0x0055064D (tried to read from 0x0978C374), program terminated.

posted in Solitaire Game Halloween 2 on Oct 29, 16 1:28 AM
Got this one at a free game site and I like they switched from Match 2 back to Golf Solitaire, but I don't know why they don't have a wide-screen resolution.

posted in Solitaire Beach Season 2 on Sep 12, 16 1:24 AM
[Removed by Moderator].All layouts quickly become impossible to get a perfect score (even with power-ups) after the first few levels. And this is in the "Newbie" section. One word: BORING!

posted in Solitaire Victorian Picnic on Aug 29, 16 11:42 AM
Got this one some time ago on those free-game websites, and other than new background, card design and music, it's the same mechanics as all of the other match two games by this developer. The first few levels are doable and then become impossible to get a perfect score even with the purchased bonuses. I enjoyed there golf solitaire game they produced years ago which require some thought rather than sheer luck, but unfortunately they are no longer making them.

posted in Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition on Aug 26, 16 8:38 PM
BoomZap's "Cathy's Crafts" copied Blue Giraffe's "Delicious: Emily's New Beginning". Unfortunately, they didn't get it right since it's not balanced.

posted in Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition on Aug 25, 16 3:25 PM
honest2 wrote:LD333- thank you.
However, it means I cannot continue the game?

Some suggest changing the difficulty.
I recommend requesting a credit.

posted in Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition on Aug 25, 16 3:26 AM
Cathy's Crafts was developed by BoomZap. The rest of the series was developed by Blue Giraffe and G a m e  H o u s e Studios.

posted in Cathy's Crafts Collector's Edition on Aug 24, 16 2:13 PM
honest2 wrote:any help would be most welcome please.

Unfortunately, this is a bug the developers never bothered to fix. It's been an ongoing problem since they released the game back in June.

posted in Tangled Up! on Apr 6, 16 5:32 AM
There's graphic artifacts on the left and right borders of the game screen.

I have Windows XP with the latest drivers.

posted in Rory's Restaurant Deluxe on Mar 29, 16 8:03 AM
mtvoyager wrote:I think the old game was an Italian restaurant. I liked the old game better.

I completely agree you. The two "Pizza Chef" games were a lot of fun. This one is a very poor copy and is as monotonous as the music.

posted in Rory's Restaurant Deluxe on Mar 28, 16 1:54 PM
mtvoyager wrote:I liked the old game better.

This is an old game. Came out years ago and Big Fish is just now getting it.
So many new games out on other sites. What's happened to this site???

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 16 12:44 AM
Playing the demo I experienced a feeling of deja vu. Then I realized it was the exact same story as their last game "Heart of the Storm" where my character is being killed off at the end of the demo by a possessed man! Talk about cookie cutter... Have they really run out of ideas in their Mad Heads already? It's a silly gimmick to tempt me to buy the game and see if my character survives. The answer to the question should be simple either way... NO SALE !!!

posted in Punished Talents: Stolen Awards Collector's Edition on Mar 5, 16 3:05 PM

Though inspired by Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None", "Stolen Awards" does not live up to the suspense or fun of its inspiration.

Suitably dark, with well rendered graphics, the characters appear more like live actors than game characters. And the lip-sync is completely off. The puzzles consists of the usual rotating and restoring pieces to their correct locations.

Selecting the Map will often open the Achievements screen due to a peculiar button placement.

After finishing the demo I was exhausted. This game was more tedious than mysterious. More punishment than enjoyment. Perhaps that is why it's called "Punished Talents". Will I purchase the game? Certainly not! I am not a masochist.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 13: Unexpected Visitor on Feb 16, 16 7:55 AM
Out of all the Nonogram clones out there, "Fantasy Mosacis" series is the only one that does NOT play by the rules. You will always find a few levels that require guessing at the end. So you will always run across some that defy logic. Also there is no way to undo a right-click pass. They are all starting to look the same to me, but at least the music has improved over time.

posted in Imperial Island 3 on Feb 15, 16 8:36 AM
I'm not a fan of Match-3 games, but I was very impressed with this game. The production value, mini games, 21 trophies, voice-overs, colorful graphics, ability to highlight objectives, with so many different things to do. For anyone who enjoys a perfect Match-3 game, give this one a test drive. You won't be disappointed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator