Posts created by synnora

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 6, 15 9:52 AM
I played this game a while ago on my computer, There were far more things to Do then. Finished With all the quests and i remember There were more mini scenes in the different locations, plus its missing the part With the museum and the didgets you put together(if i remember correctly), all this on the ipad version. Is this correct or am i missing an update i cant find?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 22, 14 3:58 PM
I played this over a year ago, back then the game was a disaster. I decided to give it another try a month ago. I was pleasantly surprised, the auction was functioning very well, I could give and recieve gifts and most importantly; didnt get logged in to other peoples account when I played, resulting in different amounts of money, gold and resources every time. That was until I reached level 38.

Today, suddenly I ended up in another town where every building was pink and fully upgraded, I had thousands of resources and at level 68. It showed my username when logged in but it was definietly not my game. How can I get back my original game? I feel a little addicted to this game, but I cant enjoy it when it's really not my progress etc. The auction part was my favorite but I bet it wont work right when Im in someone elses game.

I have deleted an reinstalled the game but I still ended up on the other players game.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 12, 14 12:02 PM
Merlion wrote:I don't really understand. When I got to the auction house it brings up the box with

Step 1 Select which I can search item by name
Step 2 is Sort By - Time - Seller Name - or Price
Step 3 Press Search

Example I select Search by Name
Than I enter the name of the item I want
Sort By I enter Ending soon or price lowest first

All it brings up are the item that I ask for not a whole list of stuff. Maybe I am not explaining clearly one of the guys who has been playing longer might explain better.

What I am trying to say is that we have a choice and not the whole list.

The post is old, the auction house is much better now.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 12, 14 9:41 AM
sahobbs wrote:When you are playing the quests to get the Paintings, random ? show up on your map. They are miss leading and will only confuse you. Go by the clues that you get when you finish each puzzle. There are lists of helpful hints on where to find the pieces and where the paintings are.
These are the clues I have:
*"It's always nice to take pictures at the Bridgeport" (Map) (Picture Mode).
*Children today are extra picky, even in a Toy Shop. (Amber) (Picky Shopper Mode)
*At night time new flowers bloom in a flower shop. (Music Box) (Silhouette Mode)
*Fast shopper and fast builders of boats. (Compass) (Fast Shopper Mode)
*Do not shop for a yacht hastily. (Pocket Watch) (Do not use Fast Shoppers Mode)
*This establishment is named after a mythical place. (Toy Car)
Have you visited a big elephant at night. (Vintage Phone) (Silhouette Mode)
*Do you know where a hunter can lodge for the night: (Toy Robot) (Silhouette Mode)
*The Candy Shop is running out of stock, better hurry or you'll be left with nothing. (Opera Mask) (Fast Shopper Mode)
*Do not be picky between a Buddha and a dragon. (Phonograph) (Picky Shopper Mode)
*With an Airplane, you can take stunning pictures, but be sure to put your devices on airplane-mode. (Block Puzzle)
*In a barn, go fast and bring a shopping bag. (Charm Necklace) (Fast Shopper Mode)
*It always snows here all year round. But it's cheery and colorful. (Stereoscope)
*Sticks and stones won't hurt me, but I should have a word with a certain Margaret. (Badge) (Picky Shoppers Mode)

To get some of these done you have to have most of our Sites above Connoisseur Level. There is no set order on how you get your Paintings....

Thank you for an amazing reply! I have only gotten the picky children quest, but I see you listed another above. Does it matter which quest comes first?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 12, 14 9:32 AM
brprice98 wrote:The only way I would pay a insane price is to help out a friend. I did for a close friend that is a beginner to the game. It is the only way I know of to help her build her coins and get items she needs. If you see a rare auction item sold at a ridiculously low price, it should be obvious that it is to help out a friend. In my personal opinion those of you that "scoop up the bargain" are jerks. It happened to us twice and I have made note of the buyers. They have been placed on the Avoid List. I know there are people that will not agree with me and say it is only a game, which it is. However, there is no sense in anyone being greedy.

That is completely ridiculous. If I see an object of "ridiculously low price", I either think it's by a gamer that doesnt have a sense of what it's worth or maybe its a fake auction that the makers of the game made for making the purpose of the game play out. Im norwegian, sorry if I spelled something wrong. Your friend can make it without your help by the way, the game isnt hard at all, so dont feel bad for not being able to help her/him

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 12, 14 9:17 AM
What do the question marks over the stars that mark the cities on the map mean? I have only gotten 1 quest about paintings that I cant do yet because I need toy shop in picky mode but that will take a long time to do. The question marks are not above the toy shop though, one of them is over the barn.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jul 5, 14 3:09 PM
I get these stars every day, and havent been able to figure out what to use them for. I went through fifteen pages here with no detailed description. I would appreciate if someone could tell me in detail what they are for.

One thread said to use them in a slot, is this still available? Where is the slot?

The collections in the purple symbol-category, will I get the items by the HOS and puzzles, or do they work differently?

Last, I have gotten alerts that I've unlocked puzzled in a couple of buildings, and the picture of the puzzle does not exist in said building. Do I get them later or are they from holiday expansions or whatever they're called?!

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 17, 14 11:22 AM
donald147 wrote:The challenges can be seen by clicking on the pause button while playing the game. At the bottom it will show 3 challenges with either a cash or candy reward (mostly small amounts of cash). Once you complete one, it'll give you another.

Thank you! Do you mean while in the office, on a case or in a newspaper?

posted in Another Case Solved on Jun 17, 14 11:11 AM
In the trophy room there is a plaque for challenges. I'm currently on level 16, but haven't stumbled upon anything else than case solving and newspapers. I have upgraded the board on the wall(I'm norwegian, cant remember what the word for it is right now) as far as it gets. I also have most of the furniture, think I need 3 more(coat rack, mirror and maybe one more after the ones that are on the way).

Does anyone know?

posted in Archie: Riverdale Rescue on Mar 23, 14 3:04 PM
Sooo my game restarted after all the hours I put into it. It functioned really well until right before level 11. Tried every tip from the forum to fix it, nothing worked. I am very furious right now, because I have also tried "Antique road trip, American dreaming", which is FULL of flaws. I had to give up on that game to a while back.

It is quite clear that Big fish games has absolutely no idea what they're doing when it comes to free-to-play games. They release them way to early, and anger their customers while at it. I can't imagine how it is for the gamers who pay for things in the game, and then suddenly everything is just erased.

I would like if the game developers at big fish could have some empathy over their customers, because we dedicate hours of our time to their games, and the frustration we feel when it was all a "waste". Maybe they think it's just funny, but some people actually don't have a lot going on in life than the simple joys of playing a game, and there's no shame in that as long as those people are happy.

Maybe they are having financial problems and rush out unfinished games that havent been tested enough to make more money, I dont know. But they are gonna lose costumers over it, that's for sure.

TL;DR: I don't recommend this game

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 2, 13 11:12 AM
Hi! I havent gotten any new quests since around level 20(am around 25-26 now). The last one I got was to upgrade ledger to gold. Im just playing around upgrading things and its getting boring. AND still having the problem with given different amounts of money everytime I log in. I lose a bit of my gold and coins everytime! Why arent you responding to these things, Deveron?

Do people get quests after the gold ledger one?

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 28, 13 6:49 AM
And yet another problem: I just logged in again, last time I played I had 5000 coins and 5 gold, and now only 2,600 coins and 0 gold, and a text show up for a couple of seconds that said "logged in as: melinn". Am I being logged in to different peoples accounts and spending their money and gold? That may be why there always a different amount of money. I am logged in on my username both here and on the big fish game manager on my computer.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 27, 13 12:45 PM
synnora wrote:A lot of issues here! Was this game made in one day or something? A lot of the foods I've used have not increased my energy. I had 9000 coins and was saving for the fountain quest, + around 100 gold. I closed the game and when I went on an hour after I had only 3000 coins and 3 gold!! Also, there was no tutorial to the game, and the "how to play" section is very messy. The quests for buying things for the shop and upgrading other buildings are not realistic in terms of how much we make from the quests and how much energy we have, at least for a satisfying game play.

And now I only have 613 coins and 1 gold. This game is a disaster!

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 27, 13 10:56 AM
A lot of issues here! Was this game made in one day or something? A lot of the foods I've used have not increased my energy. I had 9000 coins and was saving for the fountain quest, + around 100 gold. I closed the game and when I went on an hour after I had only 3000 coins and 3 gold!! Also, there was no tutorial to the game, and the "how to play" section is very messy. The quests for buying things for the shop and upgrading other buildings are not realistic in terms of how much we make from the quests and how much energy we have, at least for a satisfying game play.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator