Posts created by peach23

posted in Hallowed Legends: Ship of Bones Collector's Edition on Aug 2, 13 2:04 PM
I have a major problem. I couldn't even get the Demo to play at all, because I got stuck on the Play button. When you click Play, the game asks you to select between Casual, Advanced, and Hardcore modes - but you can't exit the screen!

Selecting a mode does not close the screen, and there is not an exit button, or an accept button. I can't get into the game at all. Same problem with the Options screen - no way to get out of it once it's open.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Jul 31, 13 2:33 PM
Ok, apparently there is a glitch in the game. At least in the Instant Game version. If you have ANY problems up to that point, the clock hands will NOT go on the clock!

I replayed the game from the beginning. Made sure that the previous problem I had with the cat keys in the Handkerchief chapter didn't happen. However, when I got to the Rifle chapter, STILL had a problem with the clock hands - because I put the sack on the grain sorter in the stable BEFORE I put the spring weight on it. That caused a glitch, where the spring weight remained in my inventory, even though I was able to skip the mini-game. When I picked up the second clock hand, I had 4/2 clock hands, and they won't go on the clock.

Apparently, like with the mechanism problem in the Handkerchief chapter that people have reported, the game WILL let you do things out of the "correct" order - but then you can't proceed any further in the game at some point.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Jul 31, 13 2:30 PM
Ok, apparently there is a glitch in the game. If you have ANY problems up to that point, the clock hands will NOT go on the clock!

I replayed the game from the beginning. Made sure that the previous problem I had with the cat keys in the Handkerchief chapter didn't happen. However, when I got to the Rifle chapter, STILL had a problem with the clock hands - because I put the sack on the grain sorter in the stable BEFORE I put the spring weight on it. That caused a glitch, where the spring weight remained in my inventory, even though I was able to skip the mini-game. When I picked up the second clock hand, I had 4/2 clock hands, and they won't go on the clock.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Jul 28, 13 7:41 PM
I'm playing the Instant version of this game, and I've noticed a couple of odd things.

1st, in the Handkerchief chapter, the hint kept telling me to use the cats on the painter's case when I only had one cat in my inventory. Oddly enough, the game let me use the ONE cat on BOTH locks! Without deleting the item from my inventory. The case opened, and I went on. Then later I found the second cat needed for the case. I ended the chapter with both cats still in my possession. Fortunately, I did not have any problems with the hoist mechanism, as I see that several people have had.

2nd, in the Rifle chapter, I found both clock hands. However, my inventory now tells me that I have 8/2 clock hands, and I can't seem to get them onto the clock.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride on Jul 28, 13 7:32 PM
I'm playing the Instant Game version of this game. I'm on The Rifle chapter.

I've found both of the clock hands; however, my inventory tells me that I have "8/2" clock hands, and I can't seem to get the hands to go ON the clock!

Help? Can't proceed in the game any further until this is resolved.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Jul 22, 13 10:41 AM
I'm having the same problem. There appears to be a specific spot where you have to place the sledgehammer. I've found that spot ONCE, but not again in about 20 tries.

posted in The Curse of the Werewolves on Jul 20, 13 5:35 PM
I spent several minutes trying to wipe that door with just about everything. Then came here, and found out I'm not in the RIGHT SPOT! Just too funny!

It's an interesting game, though.

posted in Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil on Jul 18, 13 1:09 PM
I think that there must be a specific spot to place the glove, or a specific action to do with the glove. I can't get past the plant.

I tried the obvious thing, of placing the glove on each "flower" as it attacked. Then I tried moving the glove around, clicking on the screen at different points, looking for THE spot that works. No luck.

When someone finds out, please post detailed instructions here.

posted in Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil on Jul 18, 13 1:07 PM
Same here. I'm stuck on the plant. Watched the video (which has obviously been edited, as Part 1 has an HOS at 8 minutes, and the video for that part is less than 5 minutes). Apparently, the person making the video just waved the Alchemist Glove at the plant and it died. I've spent 10 minutes trying to kill that plant with no success yet.

I found the game to be very slow loading, whether traveling from one area to another, or going in/out of the HOScenes. Also, when collecting hidden objects, clicking had to be VERY, VERY precise. As in, while trying to pick up a Roman Numeral 12 (XII), I clicked BETWEEN the letters - right on top of the item, but between the letters, and the game would NOT pick it up until I clicked exactly on top of one of the letters. I had similar problems picking up small items like safety pins - you had to click on the large head end of the pin, or it didn't work.

Luckily, the hints were endlessly helpful. However, the ferret was rather annoying, and as some other people said, the chit-chat back and forth seemed excessive.

posted in Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting on Jun 26, 13 2:51 PM
I don't see this problem listed anywhere, so maybe it's because I'm on an older computer. I'm having SEVERE mouse lag during the mini-games, and anytime the Hint button is recharging.

I've only played the Demo. I skipped both mini-games that I got to because of this problem. Even waiting until the Skip button finished filling did not make my mouse move any faster.

On the other hand, I didn't have any problems with the sound, like some people have reported.

posted in Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting on Jun 26, 13 2:45 PM
It took me a while to figure this one out. However, it turns out that what you need is the magnet & rope combination. Put it at the bottom of the door, and you'll snag the key.

I know that the rope came from an HOP out at the front gate; I think the magnet came from there as well.

posted in Forbidden Secrets: Alien Town on Dec 30, 12 10:27 AM
I played the demo for this, and am struck by a remarkable resemblance to a 1960's book called the Midwich Cuckoos, and the movie Village of the Damned. Hyperintelligent children, all with blond hair and glowing eyes...

posted in Totem Tribe on Aug 19, 12 12:22 PM
I've played the game thru several times now, and never had a problem before with finding the fish. But now - there aren't any "circles on the water" to be seen. Since I need the fish to get to the island that gives me the Frost tower, I don't want to just skip it. Any suggestions??

posted in Whispers on Aug 13, 12 6:24 PM
The game won't give you any hints, except in the actual HOS. It's one of the least helpful games I've seen. I only downloaded the demo, so it took me a while to figure out what to do. But here's a few general hints for everyone else.

Conversations - you MUST hit the right arrow that appears at the bottom of the conversation box to continue or exit a conversation.

Exiting inset screens - you MUST select the X in the top right corner to exit any "inset" screens. Simply clicking outside the area will not work.

Finding a Hidden Object Scene (HOS) - Unlike other games, this one does NOT have any sparkles or other devices to draw your attention to an HOS site. Move the mouse around the scene where you are until you see a blue-lighted area. Click on it to open the HOS scene or inset screen.

Inside an HOS screen - You'll need to use very precise clicking. Random clicking in the general area of an item will NOT work for this game. Also, the Hint button recharges very slowly.

Movement - clicking on the down arrow at the right bottom corner of your screen will take you back to the "Options" screen when there is more than one place that you can be. Your choices are arrayed in a roughly clock-like pattern. If there are more locations than you can see, there will also be an "up & down" arrow set on the right. You can revisit an area until it says it's completed.

Using an object - If you have to open an inset screen first, do so, or you won't be able to use an object. For example, to open the crypt, first click on the lock, then DRAG the key from your inventory to the lock. It will automatically do what it's supposed to do.

BLUE-LIT screens - these are supposed to be "psychic" scenes, and everything is covered with blue light. It makes it more difficult to see what you're collecting, so check carefully.

Prologue - You're in a cemetary in Louisiana. Check the lock on the crypt, it needs a key. Look at the coffin to your left for an HOS scene, which gives you the key. Professor Dunstan tells you to go first, and your soul is stolen. You wake up in a shack in the swamp.

Look around the room. You'll have to collect a lot of playing cards before you can do anything else.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom on May 21, 12 3:50 PM
The hint button is invaluable in the HOS scenes, since they're timed. And I agree, the current "walk-thru" is missing a lot of detail. For example, to find the checkers, it should tell you "after talking to the muzzein, back up twice. Look in the booth to the left for the black checkers, and the booth to the right for the white checkers."

I managed to finish the demo in less than an hour, but I will NOT be buying this game. It's too frustrating.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom on May 21, 12 3:45 PM
@suehorse - click the desk drawer for the solution to the pipes puzzle. You'll have to take a VERY close look to see which way the handle on each valve is pointing. There are 7 "levels" of connections in the picture - 4 of them are the horizontal lines, and the other 3 are the valves that connect the horizontals. I actually had to make a little chart to be able to tell what to do when I got out of the Menu and back to the game.

1st horizontal - all 3 valve handles should be pointing up & down. ( l )
1st connecting level - all 3 handles should be pointing sideways. ( -- )
2nd horizontal - both handles up & down ( l )
2nd connecting level - both handles sideways ( -- )
3rd horizontal - 1st handle up & down, 2nd handle sideways ( l -- )
3rd connecting level - 1st two handles sideways, last handle up & down ( -- -- l)
last horizontal - 1st handle sideways, 2nd handle up & down ( -- l )

posted in Atlantis: Mysteries of Ancient Inventors on Feb 6, 12 7:27 PM
Ok, the game sucks. Thank goodness that random clicking will find most of the items, and that the hint button recharges quickly. The skip button also charges quickly, so if you get stuck in a mini-game, you don't waste much time there.

There are a lot of items in the edges of the scenes, so look there first. Unfortunately, if you're looking for the "put 2 items together to make one" stuff, the hint will only point out 1 of the 2. Most times, it was the one I had already found.

Thank goodness I only played the demo.

posted in Lara Gates: The Lost Talisman on Jan 19, 12 7:44 PM
Got to the first mini-game - rearrange the fuses - and couldn't see the fuses at all. Had to wait for the skip button.

I've just played the demo version, which means I haven't gotten very far yet. However - the eyes - if you're having trouble finding them, look here -

next to the front door of the sanitarium (may have to wait till after you get the key for the door, I'm not sure)
around the left side of the bldg, look in the drain - attach the valve handle & the hose to the water valve on the bldg, & the eye will float to the top
in the cemetery, once you have a stone, throw it at the bird, and it will drop an eye (get the stone by going to the electric fence area, then right behind the bldg. it'll be on the ground. under the stone is another eye.)
I forget where else I found eyes, but the hint button is very useful for finding them.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator