Posts created by MagicMark

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 22, 15 1:27 PM
After playing for many hours I get a service maintenance message and then my game is reset back to the beginning. Please don't release a beta, but a finished game. I am not going to keep restarting the game over every time the game has a new patch. It's officially removed from my hard drive!

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 22, 15 6:36 AM
Though I do not like Free-To-Play games, this is still a beautiful strategy game.
It's a combination of "Farm Up" and "All My Gods".

I would have rather have purchased a retail version than play the waiting-game. Unfortunately, I cannot always play because of server maintenance messages.

Hopefully the developer will release a retail version on their website like they did for "Farm Up".

Also, my game reset to the beginning after playing for hours. I am not going to keep restarting since they have not worked the bugs out. I've uninstalled it.

posted in Divine Academy on Jul 21, 15 8:43 AM
I can't believe they made this FTP only available to club members, like it's something special. It's just another mobile app port to PC which needs to be fed money to keep playing. Like a slot machine!

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 9: Portal in the Woods on Jul 8, 15 9:33 PM
All Nonogram puzzles can be solved without any guesswork. If you make a mistake in dragging a line, you can shift the mouse to the next row/column to cancel it without penalty.

posted in Smoothie Standoff: Callie's Creations on Jul 7, 15 9:25 AM
Graphics look old, with washed-out colors and no wide-screen. The game play is tedious and repetitious. You must be very precise where you click or be doomed to restart the level. Each of the 10 worlds are exactly the same except for the background. Changing the screen size to a Window in the options will always revert back to Full Screen every time you restart the game. Where the Delicious series is everything a TM game should be. This one unfortunately is everything a TM game should not be.

posted in Detective Riddles: Sherlock's Heritage 2 on Jul 6, 15 7:01 PM
mhatfie wrote:Such an uninspiring game we get on bonus punch Monday.

If you think this game is uninspiring. Wait till you see the horror they're releasing tomorrow. It is the worst TM game ever thrown together.

posted in Detective Riddles: Sherlock's Heritage 2 on Jul 6, 15 3:48 PM
calypso71 wrote:I didn't like this game at all. The tutorial had puzzles to do but no explanation i just guessed

Besides the tutorial, there's a 15 page guide located in the options/help section that teaches the basics of the game.

Also included are two other guides that provides instructions on gameplay, tips and tricks.

They are all excellent puzzles that can be solved without any guess work.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 6: Into the Unknown on Jan 19, 15 7:52 PM
Apparently the description is wrong!

It reads:"Puzzles based solely on logic"

Which is what any traditional nonogram should be.

But if you've played "Butterfly" Level 3-1, you will come to a draw at the end. They can be placed in either spot and logically be correct. However, if you should put it in a place that's not intended, you will receive an error and will have wasted your time in getting that gold trophy. Well, I wasted my time playing this demo.

THIS IS NOT A NONOGRAM! THIS IS GUESS WORK!

So please don't lie to me, and tell me that your puzzles are "based solely on logic" when they are not!

posted in Monopoly ® on Sep 19, 12 7:46 AM
For Windows 7, the game gives the following error message:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

Unfortunately this new version is not down-gradable and causes display problems.

posted in Monopoly ® on Sep 19, 12 7:34 AM
Can't see the dice, they are completely black.
My computer has Win 7 with all of the latest drivers.

posted in Boutique Boulevard on Sep 11, 12 9:49 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Boutique Boulevard on Sep 11, 12 8:13 AM
I normally enjoy all of this developer's offerings. But lately my joy is starting to wane. The constant bubble sound effect here gets annoying fast. The customers inexplicably are upset even though you have a trained staff member showing them exactly what they are looking for. Also purchasing decorations does not add any appeal to the store. There are some new ideas here, but unfortunately they're not well executed. And having worked in clothing retail world for more years than I care to admit, this one feels more like work without the perks and rewards.

posted in Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends on Sep 7, 12 2:29 PM
The audio on the voice crackles. And yes, I have all of the latest Adobe, Java, DirectX and video/sound drivers.

What started out to be a good game turned out to be an major exercise in frustration. Yes, it tries to emulate something only Jane Jensen could dream up. But the graphics are way too dark. After the Sudoku puzzle you are tortured with finding the correct trail of footprints in a maze-like mess of other footprints (which are extremely difficult to see). If that is not bad enough, this goes on for several scenes and if you make one mistake you are sent back to the beginning of that area. It's a lot of MUMB0 JUMB0. Then comes the tedious stacking game which is supposed to be a physics puzzle where everything keeps toppling along with your patience. I really wish they would have used the tried and true logic games instead of trying to drive their customers batty! So happy that I did not purchase this one. I would never give the SE a second glance.

posted in Inbetween Land on Aug 30, 12 8:27 PM
The slider puzzle won't slide. Oh well, no buy for me today.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 12 8:22 PM
Left-click on the ladder on the left side of the screen to descend back to the boiler room. I had the same exact problem.

posted in Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 12 6:43 PM
Normally I am a big fan of ERS Studios games. Though I'm a bit disappointed with this one. It is similar to their "Azada: In Libro". It is a Hidden Object game without any Hidden Objects, another words, an Adventure.

The puzzles are all very easy and adequate clues are provided where to use objects without the necessity of a hint. There's a juxtaposition where the environments are drawings and the people are video-captured. I'm really exhausted of the evil witch villain that regularly appears on the weekly Thursday Collector's Edition circuit. Though an unsupernatural story may require a little imagination.

posted in Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty on Aug 29, 12 6:59 AM
First the Eiffel Tower, then the Titanic and now the Statue of Liberty.

It's the same game with the same graphics, same sound effects, and same game-play. I guess France, England, and New York all look identical.

Unlike the real history of the the Statue of Liberty which was comprised of 350 pieces placed in 219 crates and shipped over the Atlantic as a gift from France to the United States. The developers here have conveniently rewritten history to have the Americans construct the statue from scratch in New York.

I wonder what next monument will be? Though I can predict it will have the same reused graphics, old sound effects and the exact same game-play.
Just a different monument with the same old tired game engine.

Maybe the Empire State Building?
Oops, did I say that out loud?
Oh, I hope they're not listening.

posted in Jar of Marbles II: Journey to the West on Aug 28, 12 9:50 AM
When I think of a game from the Orient with the sound of peaceful water flowing, my mind thinks of Zen and things that are tranquil. Well, apparently this is not what the developer had in mind. Since you are timed and there is no choice for a Zen or relaxed mode. Not to mention the fact that you are given a bonus for finishing with less time on the clock. For a game that is all about time, why does the atmosphere completely contradict it? After only a few levels, you'll encounter the hourglass, and find yourself repeating it over and over again just to unlock the next level. And the premise of dropping marbles is nothing new, and it gets repetitive very quickly.

posted in Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island on Aug 22, 12 2:05 PM
I enjoyed the first game which had four different ways of matching, unlike this economy sized version which has been cut back to only two mechanics: swap and chain. I also was getting frustrated with the game board constantly sliding away from where the matches were located. There was a time where the board needed to regenerate new tiles because no match existed in the magnified close-up I was forced to stare at. The game would not even allow me to discover matches on my own, but kept showing matches after a few seconds. And there was no option that I could find to switch off the constant hand-holding. I liked the music better in their first game. Didn't like that game opened with a mini-puzzle. Guess I will have to pass on this one, and hope the bonus punch for tomorrow will have a decent game to go with it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator