Posts created by BlackKnight_UK

Thanks, shame the strategy guide is wrong in the case!

Thanks for that, just had a cry for help from my other-half, she thought it was a bug and started the game again, only to find the same problem.

She's playing something else now but as soon as I told her your reply she said "oh yes!"

posted in Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue on Jul 18, 11 10:46 AM
Fortunately I downloaded a trial, I feel really sorry for anyone who bought this game it has to be the worst game yet.

I gave up after about 10 mins, if anyone is thinking of buying this game don't!

posted in RealMYST on Feb 11, 11 1:03 PM
I played the original Myst on PC and PlayStation. When I read that there was a new chapter in this version I was interested, but now I've seen the walkthrough and found its not much of a new chapter I'm not so sure its worth buying again. Sorry BFG!

I'd be interested in the newer games though, Riven was better than Myst, and I've still got Revelations but it won't run properly on my PC, hopefully BFG will release a version that will run on lesser PCs and laptops

posted in Simajo: The Travel Mystery Game on Jul 20, 10 1:33 PM
I hope the official release is better than the demo I played, in the demo the English was awful, it was so badly translated I only played for a couple of minutes before giving up.

posted in Monster Quest on May 25, 09 2:45 AM
We got Monster Quest from another site and have problems playing it, when the game starts as soon as you click play it crashes with an error message that sometimes can't be seen.The only way to get out of the crashed game seems to be by pressing Ctr + Alt + Delete and using the Task Manager to close the game.

We have found a way around the problem though, when you start the game go to options and change the screen mode to windowed if its on full screen or full screen if its on windowed. Then when you click play the game works fine, its a bit annoying but its better than nothing.

posted in Lost Realms: Legacy of the Sun Princess on Apr 18, 09 9:08 AM
I'm guessing I'm playing an older version I got from another site. Haven't played it until this weekend, I've got a hard drive full of HO games because I'm addicted to them.

Any way, is the "glitch" that was mentioned the hint glitch? Who needs hints when you get a hint by clicking the item in the list for every item?

Just wondered if this is the problem that was mentioned earlier.

posted in Between the Worlds on Apr 13, 09 3:22 AM
The one in the trees that looks like a photo is but you can't get it until you have all the others.

posted in Between the Worlds on Apr 12, 09 2:58 PM
I got this game from another site but as its on BFG now thought this was as good a place to mention it so as to warn others, or help them.

I've finished the game now but found some of the screens annoying, as an example the list said "bird", there are several birds on the screen and it took me several clicks before I found the right one. In the museum it says "Cat" and there's a big white **** cat in the middle of the screen, but its not that cat, its an obscure bookmark type thing with a cats head on.

Mostly the game is OK, the mini games and puzzles are good although some are the same or variations of other games. Its just those annoying objects that ruined it for me.

posted in Between the Worlds on Apr 12, 09 2:54 PM
It took me several attempts to get some of the photos, there seem to be a few bugs like this in the game.

posted in Detective Agency on Apr 11, 09 2:26 AM
labrat33 wrote:It only took 4 of my free 60 minutes for me to close and uninstall this one. Does no-one check these things to be sure the translations to English make sense? Or that instructions say what they mean? (left mouse button, not right) Or that there is any kind of coherent story or plan to the thing? A big disappointment, BFG ! !

I'd forgotten about the left/right mouse buttons thing until I read your post, that was another reason why I didn't play the trial long. It seems to me that there are too many Hidden Object Games appearing these days that aren't checked properly for translation problems, etc. before they are released to the paying public.

posted in Detective Agency on Apr 10, 09 12:45 PM
Ah!! That was the other reason why I gave up on the demo, the translations were bad and the hints didn't seem to work.

posted in Detective Agency on Apr 10, 09 4:09 AM
I was hoping the bugs, bad translation, etc. I saw in a demo would be fixed by the time the game reached BFG, I guess from the post above that they haven't.

This is one game I won't be buying.

posted in Romopolis on Mar 30, 09 4:53 AM
I've just been playing the demo and decided its not worth buying because its the same as Build-A-Lot 3 just set in a different location.

posted in Puzzle Quest on Feb 13, 09 1:27 PM
I've just got this game after a friend recommended it, I've installed it but can't play because the mouse pointer doesn't move. Well it does move but I have no control over it, it jumps around but returns to the centre of the screen as soon as I click the left button.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I'm using a laptop and the problem is the same no matter whether I use the touchpad or an external USB mouse.

Its beginning to look like I've wasted my money again.

posted in Natalie Brooks: The Treasures of the Lost Kingdom on Feb 4, 09 4:09 AM
So far it seems to run fine on my laptop but its very slow and jerky on my other halfs PC, she has twice as much RAM as me for a start so I can't figure out why it runs so badly.

I'm off to check the system requirements for this game, I can't see any reason for it being so slow other than bad programming.

It says it needs a 500MHz CPU, we have over 1GHz, it also says 512Mb RAM, the laptop has 504Mb, the PC has 1Gb - it makes no sense.

What with the problems running the game and the bad grammar, translations, spelling mistakes, etc. I'm really glad we managed to find out all this from the trial because I'd have been annoyed if I'd paid for this game.

posted in Natalie Brooks: The Treasures of the Lost Kingdom on Feb 3, 09 9:27 AM
I've just been playing this game, I thought I liked it but now I've found some annoying English, eg. unagine instead of imaging. A game like this shouldn't be grammatically incorrect, presumably its down to bad translation.

Also I'm going to Big Ben tower now with a gear, that's incorrect as well, Big Ben is the name of the bell not the tower or the clock.

In Capone's cell at Alcatraz, when you click the faucet it says the water is turned off as this is now a museum. However when you click the toilet cistern/tank Natalie won't get the key because the water is turned on!

Oddly when you switch the water to the toilet off the faucet has water again.

These bugs, bad grammar, bad translations and illogical scenes are making me glad I didn't buy the game.

posted in Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies on Jan 21, 09 7:40 AM
I was looking for something to play so decided to download the trial of HH2, I've been playing for 33 minutes of my hours trial and it crashed with an access violation error.

I didn't like the game that much but thought I'd check here in case anyone else go any error messages.

Having read the posts above I'm so glad I didn't buy the game, there are too many short games around at the moment which are a waste of money. I'm waiting for some decent games and will be reading the forums before I buy any more from Big Fish.

To all those who feel robbed having paid for the game and completed it in such a short time I'd suggest you contact Big Fish, you never know they might give you a refund

posted in Interpol 2: Most Wanted on Jan 10, 09 10:14 AM
Having had complaints about the lengths of other games I'm making a point of reading the forums before buying games now.

This looked interesting but if you can finish in that short a time I'll be avoiding this.

posted in Alabama Smith: Escape from Pompeii on Dec 13, 08 2:26 PM
I also feel robbed, this game is way too short, if you want a good game avoid this.

I don't suppose there's any way to get a refund?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator