Posts created by Fishpole

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 19, 16 12:21 AM
I have 2 Sled Dog Eggs to give away.......first come.....first serve.

Just message me your interest and your ID number and I will get them off to you in time for Christmas!

All the VERY best Everyone.......

TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 20, 16 2:19 PM
I wasn't going to reply to this particular 'post' because I have already stated MY feelings about the new content.....and I quite like it.

Unlike the previous poster....I did not find it to be a 'Zen Experience'.....calmly going through familiar HOS......I found it downright boring!

I AM a Senior citizen and I DO have rather poor eyesight but I have found that the 'Night Mode' does not really occur enough in my Castle travels to really make much of a difference to me. Other than elevating the aforementioned boredom.

So far....anyway....I have found no reason to change modes when playing the HOS and didn't even realize that you could.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having such difficulties and I DO hope that you will be able to overcome them and continue to enjoy the game that we all love.

Happy Gaming........Everyone!

TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 15, 16 5:50 PM
I'm so glad I started this thread when I see ALL the positive things players have to say about the new content!

I think we 'sometimes' forget just how much work does go into a game of this magnitude and as we're just spinning our wheels at Level 71 (well a lot of us are) it does get kind of boring!

These new modes give us not only a refreshing change of pace BUT new achievements to earn......I was pleasantly surprised when I found that out!

And one of the best things...for this player anyway...is when you go into a HOS you NEVER know what you're going to get.....Silhouette, Mirror Mode....Regular....or dig out your flashlight!

And while I never paid much attention to collecting those darn morphing flowers before I find myself now doing so just to be a part of the community spirit. 15 Red Stamps......YEA!

In closing...I would like to say a 'Special' Thank You to my 2 friends to sent me the Green Eggs......I managed to get the 'Chimney Sweep' Pet.....NOW I just have to figure out where to feed her/him!

See you ALL in the 'Castle'

TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 14, 16 11:56 AM
I'm really enjoying the new content.....NightMode,.....MirrorMode! Talk about breathing new life into a tired old HOS!

I actually look forward to going into the different scenes now.

I know that....like myself a lot of us have been waiting for a new update but in the meantime what they have given us here makes the game more fun to play again.....at least in this players estimation.

So THANK YOU dev's........much appreciated!

TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 4, 16 7:18 PM
GOTCHA!

And thanks again......Everyone!

'Happy Weekend'.........'Happy Gaming'
TeeCee

ps........Thanks Mods for your patience with this Post.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 4, 16 3:40 PM
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has replied to this post!

The people in this Forum are very definitely the VERY best! I have enough information to move forward now.....so

Thanks again
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 4, 16 12:55 PM
Thanks so much for the quick reply Jack......that does put my mind at ease a bit.

I just don't care for the way that we seem to be 'herded' toward upgrading towards a program that a lot of us don't even want.

And when it comes to computers I am illiterate with a capital "I"

You have a good day!

TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 4, 16 12:32 PM
I know that there is an answer to my dilemma somewhere here in the Forum....but I can't seem to find it in a timely fashion.

My Laptop is running Window 7 HP.....and I am quite happy with this program....but it seems that Microsoft is determined to switch me over to Windows 10

Up until now I have been able to put them off and I had a Computer Tech in here today (at considerable cost....I might add) to try and remove the update or at the very least hide it for the time being.

My question to you out there in the know.....is how do I back up my Midnight Castle program. I am now at the highest level and just waiting for the next (?) update and I sure would hate to lose all my progress.....to say nothing of all the money and diamonds that I have accumulated.

Any and I mean ANY help that you can give me......either here or by PM would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks Ever So........
Just a 'lil fish in a BIG pond........

TeeCee aka Fishpole

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 16 9:36 PM
For me it's 'The Joker'......mainly because I think this game is one big joke right now......and I for one feel foolish continually playing it.

Sure we're accumulating coins and diamonds and Pets?.....But what does that have to do with the storyline?

Sorry.......Just my 2 cents worth.....for what it's worth....

TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 21, 16 9:20 PM
Just reading through this 'post'.....it would seem that the 'Spring Event' is springing forth the worst in everyone.

I for one...would assume that if someone had a cake on their 'Wish List'......they were either wishfully hoping some kind friend that had already filled their quota would supply them with one or they were transferring between games.

Obviously this Spring Event is just some sort of stop-gap measure for us and not really a very satisfactory one at that......at least for this player. BUT I do try and do my best to help out my friends and keep my sense of humour at the same time.

It's just a game......meant to be enjoyed......and if we don't get ALL the achievements this time around......WELL there is always next year.

Happy Gaming........Everyone
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 29, 16 8:21 PM
It's kind of hard to stay positive when over half your 'Friend List' is taking a break......myself now included.
I will go in from time to time to gift those players still hanging in there....and yes it does help that we can buy those much needed items now for 30 coins.....wonder how long that will last?
BUT I think the repetition of just going round and round without any REAL tasks to do is putting a lot of players off. And it seems that just going for those 'Keys' just depletes your Inventory......but then maybe that's the idea?

Anyway........"Happy Gaming" Everyone
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 24, 16 5:46 AM

At last.......another player that's looking behind scenes! Its ALL a matter of strategy and.........

It's fun isn't it?

TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 24, 16 12:57 AM
I beg to differ with you both.......SORRY to say.....but I don't think that this new update is a sign that MC is coming to an end! There has been nothing to give us that impression......quite the contrary! The little updates may have been not to our collective liking BUT at least they're TRYING to get them out.

I just think that it's moving forward in a new direction......that obviously some players don't like.

There is absolutely NO reason why you still can't continue to gift friends....What goes around.....comes around!

IF you play this game strategically......and try combining the Daily Quests, along with Trina's Quests and the various Avatars that give you the Keys....you will find that you will progress a lot further than you had thought you could have.

It's just a different mind set.........BUT if you want it to be the end for you.....so be it!

I'm Still playing and Enjoying the Game........
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 8:16 PM
wishtar wrote:Listen, I was less upset over the bow figurine than this. I played through the whole thing and made it and was happy, if not frustrated to do so! This is way worse. We have no control over anything anymore so why play? We cant do anything to make most of the achievements other than rely on chance. If i wanted to go to Vegas i would, if my mother wasn't dying. I am so disappointed. This used to be the bright light in my day and now nothing... So sad

My condolences about your mother Wishtar.......I am truly sorry.

BUT I'm not quite understanding you. What do you mean...."we can't do anything to make most of the achievements other than rely on chance?" If you're talking about the Daily Quest.....it seems to be the only one that the FIND PATH doesn't work for......in my game....it never did.

I found that when doing the tasks for the various Avatars......when they ask you to open up a chest.....for instance.....I was asked to open the Binding Egg.....and I received a Blood Lotus! This really pleased me because it goes into my Inventory and I know that I have friends out there that need them and have them on their wish lists and I can gift them.

There really IS some positive things about this update......Just give it a chance. It's only been a few days people.

And with that......."Good Night"......."God Bless".......and as always

Happy Gaming
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 5:54 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:,
TeeCee,
But you are right about one thing...there should be one thread on the update complaints. It would be much easier for the devs to see all the posts that way.

FINALLY someone gets what I am trying to say!

Perhaps it's unfair to compare 'this' to the Bow Days and the changes they made...because that was a different era with a different set of players and we were just starting out.....and yes, you're right EVERYONE hated that task!

BUT....with each new update there does come pros and cons.....we all know that by now....or we should and it seems like the 'complaints' (for want of a better word) started immediately. How many players gave it a few days to see how things would go and how it would affect their game play?
My main objection, I guess, without trying to single anyone out is to these constant posts of I quit....I hate the new update! without giving us anything that you do dislike about the update.
Change is always hard......but there really is a silver lining in this update...believe me!
I was VERY surprised to see that all the messages in my PM were those of support..albeit from people who didn't want to become embroiled in a public row in the forum to quote one person. I thank you very much.

And Apollo.....your apology is accepted, of course and not needed but THANK YOU!

Hopefully we'll all look back on this and say......'Remember the GREAT (not) Update Change of Spring 2016?'
It just goes to show you that you can't please ALL the people ALL the time!

Development Team......I love you! (Keep on Trucking)
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 3:34 PM
Oh Lordy, lordy, lordy.....I certainly didn't mean to ruffle SO many feathers.

I'm almost afraid to look at my private message box there is so many messages there I can only imagine.

I am not...get that AM NOT advocating censorship! Of course the Forum is a place to come and discuss what we like and don't like about this game.

But....I was trying to point out....and I believe one or two people got my point....thank you very much.....do we really need every second thread to be something about the new update and usually something that is NOT positive!

And I went through the Bow Figurine Days.....Apollo....so I know that changes CAN be implemented but I honestly don't remember us making such a mess of the Forum in order to bring those changes about.

Enough said......I apologize to ALL that I have offended.....It wasn't my intention to downplay any difficulties you are having in your game now with the changes re the new update.

Hopefully....the Development Team will take ALL into consideration and make the appropriate changes that may or may not satisfy the majority of players.

ALL the Best......
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 23, 16 1:57 AM
Could we puleeese.....move on from this Topic of the "New Update!

If it's not your cup of tea and you want to quit the game.....so be it......you can write to the Developers or whomever and let them know your feelings.

I can't pretend to understand what it's like for players at Lower Levels as I am at Level 69 already and frankly I am happy to unload some of my Inventory.

I personally am enjoying the challenge of having to complete quests......just like we did in the good old days. I'm not worrying about gifting friends because I know if a task comes up that I'll need an item I will get it.

I really don't know where this idea of hoarding ever came from......money and the 'Millionaires Club', then you had to have so many stamps, Airship Items, Pet Food, etc. etc.........

The game DOES give you what you need.....believe me......A lot of the time I've played alone...without friends.....and managed to make it through.

Players are complaining about the new drop rate.....BUT....you still get the $50 plus the $15 and an Airship Item/Pet Food/Stamp. The 'Immortal Treasures' etc. just sold for $15 .....so what's the difference? If a task comes up that you need them they will be available. At least that's been my experience with this update.

If I'm wrong and not seeing the bigger picture.....then I apologize.......but I'd really like to put this issue to bed.

It's disconcerting coming in here each day to see nothing but negativity.

All the Best.......and Happy Gaming
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 16 8:29 PM
Yes.....welcome to the Forum lamp_post! I'm sorry that is has to be under such dire circumstances.
But I'm not understanding you quite......are you saying that if you need an item that when you use the 'go to' it doesn't give you that item?
I haven't had the misfortune of this happening to me......yet! (Fingers Crossed).

I think that players that are used to accumulating a lot of Inventory are the ones that are feeling the change in this update the most. But when you think about it....what does it accomplish? You blow through an update in record time and then have to sit and spin your wheels waiting and waiting for the developers to come out with something else.

Six of one......half a dozen of something else!

Keep Playing Folks! (or not)
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 16 8:10 PM
In my last post I noticed that a lot of readers were asking what was the premise behind this game. How did it all get started

Well....as that post has been 'Locked Down' now. We can't say anything negative about the game in separate posts anymore but I see that people can still post about 'Loving' the new update......well enough said!

Anyway....I thought that I would try to answer this question to the best of my ability....as I know it to be. IF you have a different version.......puleeese feel free to jump in and give it to us.

When I first started playing this game well over.....what is it now....2/3 years ago? It was my understanding that it was loosely and I do use the term 'loosely' based on the old soap opera from the 60's called Dark Shadows.

If memory serves me right.....and at my age.....that's not always the case.....things started going sideways at about Level 17/18 when we hit the Bow Figurine/Six-Paw fiasco.
This was a task that was almost impossible to complete without losing your sanity OR having a LOT of very giving friends!
Unless, of course, you wanted to spend real money to buy the items to complete the task.
It ended in a Lockdown at Level 18 for quite awhile.....and when we came back the old Bow Figurine/Six-Paw (which I had managed to complete) was fixed so future players didn't have to go through it.

BUT.....it seems to me that the game changed from here on in. We were opening new areas and meeting new characters that didn't seem to somehow fit into the storyline as we knew it.
I somehow remember the opening of Cloud City and a bunch of Trolls and good old Salty being in Jail.....and I didn't even know how he got there to begin with but I just played along.

And then we moved from the Town to the 'Metro Station' to the 'Far Metro Station'....in search of ........heaven only knows what!

NOW I no longer know what the game is ALL about aside from the immediate tasks set out for me.......it seems to have no beginning and no end.....just a lot of frivolous in betweens...BUT that's OK!

Going into the Castle has become a part of my daily routine and I would miss it if it was no longer there.

I appreciate the time and effort that it must take to keep a game like this going for as long as this one has and try to please everyone.

Happy Gaming.........Everyone Remember: IT'S not life...it's just a game!
TeeCee

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 16 8:33 PM
Everytime......And I mean every time a new update comes out there is a great hullabaloo about it!

I for one am surprised that the Developers don't just stop with the game......

Why Bother? But then we would be hearing about THAT too!

IF you enjoy this game (as do I) (warts and all) then play it. If you're finding that's it's taking a direction that you don't like and it's becoming boring, tedious, costly (heaven forbid)......I really don't see why anyone should have to spend any real money to play it.....and that's the point....isn't it?.......then move on to something else.

I for one got to the point of quitting........mainly because I was bored to death of just doing the rounds and feeding Trina (to no avail). But now I see that all that Inventory that I collected for her is coming in handy (I opened a LOT of chests) and at least I don't have to do one set of 'chores' (?) for one Avatar......if I don't like him/her I can move on to someone else.

As far as the MONEY goes......it's only make-believe.......so it makes no difference if it's 15 coins instead of an item that I could sell for 50. I can always make it up collecting those darn flowers.

Chill out everyone........and.....

Happy Gaming

TeeCee

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator