Posts created by hair_teeth_iball

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 8, 14 3:02 PM
I'm back, boys [and girls], I'M BACK!!!! Who would have thought it would feel THIS good.

Thank you everyone! BF mods and CS for your excellent assistance and my neighbors for your patience and support. Though I'll be away at the end of the month and also taking a break here until my attitude recovers from the travails of real life, I will try to keep up with the gifting.

That said, I have reset the neighbor list and have a TON of "monthers". I may run up a list, before I housekeep, so that don't delete someone who wants to stay.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 5, 14 4:08 PM
So, It seems the Mingless war was aborted, but I was going to write myself out anyway.
Real Life is not treating me kindly, right now (though, not as bad as others have to deal with), and I find that I haven't the energy to be sociable, let a lone stay in character. I'm going to take a break from the forum for a while; probably a month or so, while I concentrate on preparing work for my vacation, actually take the vacation (I wonder how badly I can corrupt a three and five year old before seeing them to Disney world with their parents ), and then spend a week trying to decide the answer to the question I always ask about this time; Do I REALLY want to go back and spend another year dealing with the same old ####? Unfortunately, after twelve years, I think the answer's going to be "Not so much".

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 5, 14 3:52 PM
Ok, so how can I YELP!!! (stands really straight and eyes buggy and wild) Wow! That's tight. (wild wriggling beneath shirt then tentacle of hair erupts from front. Hair parts to reveal many sharp teeth and a yellow, blood-shot eyeball.)
Come home stud-muffin-top.
But I just GOT here!
NOW! (tentacle retreats. More wriggling.)
Ow! Ok, ok, OW! I'm going!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 5, 14 9:28 AM
Oh! HERE you are. Why didn't you wake me?

For now, must toil under a different master, but back soon.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 5, 14 9:26 AM
(snerk, snork, hmma) Wha? Where'd everybody go?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 4, 14 8:52 PM
Thanks. I do have back-ups of both K-d and EoM and I haven't, yet, done more than look at the files. I think the .sav file is corrupted for K-d as it wants to start a new game (new DM# and all), though the DLC for K-d seems to all be there. EoM was a game
whose appdata I recovered from a now dead laptop. I replaced the K-d data with it and, though it's a couple months old, it updated and came right up.
CS has a ticket open for K-d as of this morning. Hopefully it can be restored; I had FINALLY won a skelly.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 4, 14 8:29 PM
upthkazo2 wrote:I don't know what it is called but I am talking about the grabber you use to move items from the tool area to your manor. Or back. I find it very sensitive and when you go to reset your ??? mach you can end up moving anything in the area.
Also when trying to move something into inventory the suitcase never shows up, or if you are trying to set something in your manor you get everything but the check mark. Am I the only one having this problem as its pis.... me off.

upthkazo2
at Asias Lair

I've not done much moving with the new set up but I DO agree that the initial "click" is too sensitive. Since it only takes a single click to activate the item adjustment menu it's really easy to make a sloppy click while collecting and instead open the menu. I wish they'd go back to the double click to first open the menu and then single clicks thereafter until the menu is closed.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 4, 14 7:28 PM
(mumble). . . lal orf gimn . . . hick . . . ( mutter, snore)

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 4, 14 5:12 PM
As some are aware, K-d is having issues. In attempting to resolve them (yes, there's a ticket in for restore) I've been diddling around in the appdata folder.
My question, for those familiar with the DM appdata and have multiple manors, is how has the new account management option affected the files. Is there still only one dmsave for the whole shebang or does each manor have its own data?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 4, 14 4:56 PM
These boots wer(hik) made fer stompin', an' tha's jus' what they'll do ('du dubh di doo doo) . . .hick. Wanna these days (BAM, CRASH) . . .
HickHIIIIIIIiii, EVER'BODY! Howzit goin'(hick)! WASS HAP'nen. Jus' got back from sevr . . sevr. .LOTS of invasive tattoo removal. Kep' coming BACK, see, but each time dif'rent (man, that Gobzilla's tough). I've bested it though. Got that cheek replaced with titanium(clank, clank) .
So, I get ba(hick) and find the giant hairball mooov'd in, gett'n' slime all over the best recliner, guzzlin' wine and croissants from the Bistro, and readin' in DeM People about Ming and the Birthday suit. Sooo, I snu(hik) back out, shrouded the place in plastic and fum'gated it. Turns out, the Great Gob gets drunk on bug juice and passes it on to us unfort'nates who ti(hick)le it's fancy.

WHAT!!! Azuwho? Will WHAT! PUleez! With minions like us? With and Overlord like MING! Pfoo, my bionic ****! She doesn't stand a chance. We'll be raisin' . . .well, anyway, bein' the "Luv slave" (tattoo # 437) of one of the Hurlder Gods has got to amount for something at least.

Woo, kinda dizzy. I believe I'll just toddle over to the corner and colla(clank!).

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 2, 14 9:53 AM
Friends, neighbors, DMers, let me bend your ear. In doing pc maintenance, I have managed to delete, or otherwise make inaccessible, my entire Appdata folder. It also appears that the backup is corrupted. This is par, welcome to my life. Until I can get things sorted out, please send no gifts.
Thanks, h-t-i

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 25, 14 9:15 AM
Hip, hip, hooray! Glad you're back up!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 23, 14 8:26 PM
Anyone heard from Minion Curator KL? Her last post was a week ago and no play at puppyvale.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 22, 14 4:09 PM
This has nothing to do with the update. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed whether the ??? attractions are paying out gold when the energy meter is full. I let the game run for a few hours just working the ??? and all I received was silver (day mode all the way); not the first bit of gold. As soon as I went in and did a couple HOS, BANG!, there's gold in them thar things.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 18, 14 4:15 PM
Boss. Hey, boss, wake up.
Hmwa? (schlick-smack) Ghuh, nasty.
Boss!
G'way. GAH! Wher'm'I?
Truck stop at Dead Man's Curve; by way of Tijuana, judging from the tattoo. Heh, heh, heh.
Tattoo? Oh! Why am I naked?
Couldn't tell you, but the goo covers the worst bits, so you're ok. (snicker)
Ohh, (thump) ouch, as if my head didn't hurt already. Grab me that robe outside, please . . . thanks. So wha'd I miss? D'we get Ming?
Yeah. We accepted a couple medals in your absence and you missed the party, at least the minions' party. Ahem.
Medals, more than one? Cool.
Pfff! Ahem.
Alright, I can't see it. What does it say?
Had a great time. Loved the boots. Gobzilla.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 17, 14 9:12 PM
Oh, it's dark and . . . ugh, smelly. Ok, last match; I really should have kept a lamp (scritch, scritch, ). Ah, better. Hmm, deer head, deer head, boar head, deer SKULL! What's that . . .hmm . . . OH! PEOPLE SKULL! This is not looking good. And there? Big hairy lump with (poik, poik . . gulp) teeth. (poof) Oh, it's dark . . . (heh, heh)

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 17, 14 10:09 AM
Sorry.
I've been two timing DM with an ARPG (action role playing game, for those who don't know). In a fit of silliness I wondered what would happen if I practiced some of the game maneuvers at the mansion. The results of my, not small, self impacting with the grounds made a mess of the tiles, explaining why they don't overlap correctly and some of the walkers disappear beneath them.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 17, 14 7:19 AM
_G4il_, where are you? Ming? _G4il_? Wow, it's dark in here. I knew I should have
kept one of those lamps I found in the HOS. (clump, clump, grunt) _G4il_? Ming? Legba's matches . . . (scritch, scritch, flare) Woah! _G4il_, you REALLY need some beauty sleep; your eyes are kind of squinty and yellow and those teeth ( poik, poik), a good dentist can do wond . . . Um, you're. not. _G4il_. are. you? (big toothy smile) Whimper. (poof!) Oh it's dark.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 16, 14 7:57 PM
You GO _G4il_, wohoo! I'm right behind you . . . WAY behind you.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 16, 14 6:26 PM
Um . . . (yes, much more comfortable, thank you) . . .not to cast doubt upon the Greatness of Ming, but . . . Ming hasn't been sampling one's own soup, has Ming? Is this some weird fantastic voyage where Ming is lost in Ming's own intestine? Do we have to, first, find Ming; then, find Ming?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator