Posts created by kiddopal

posted in Secret City: London Calling Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 11:30 AM
I just want to echo what you all have said. This forum has been so helpful in choosing games as well as getting assistance when we are stuck. I will probably stop my membership. Thank you all for the help these many years.

Thank you all for your reviews. I am going to try this game based on all of your comments. I do not have the time to trial every game that I think might be to my liking. So I really have appreciated this Reviews section. I will miss it immensely and will purchase far fewer games. Thank you all again.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 1:48 AM
Closing the forum is a terrible decision. I did not realize non members were able to contribute to it. I have been a member for over 10 years and am sure I will stop my membership without the forum. I have not purchased a single game before consulting the forum. It has been the best part of my membership. I depend on all of you who give game tips and alert me to the content of the game. Often through your posts I have also found older games that I overlooked when they were first released. Doesn't BFG realize that you contributors to the forum have been better than any sales force they could ever afford. Thanks to all of you who have contributed all these years. I am not up on technology enough to seek other avenues of help so I am not sure if I will go to another game sight or just give up this particular recreation. But I will miss it!!!!

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 18 4:29 AM
I agree with all the rave reviews. This is my favorite series right now. The cut scenes are great and the story line is easy to follow. I just finished the demo and will definitely purchase it. So far the mini games are challenging enough for advanced players and not too many hidden object scenes. I highly recommend this game.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 18 2:16 AM
I just want to add my voice to the request for pure Adventure games. They are the best and most challenging games. I am not disparaging the usual fare SE games. I own many of them, actually far too many. But the best games are the large file adventure games and just recently I decided to slow down on new purchases because there is nothing new being offered. I have been replaying my Adventure games and I too would love it if BFG would offer them. Maybe they could have a special price category for Adventure games. I would pay more or not expect any half price deal on large file games.

posted in Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life on Mar 20, 18 1:34 PM
What a great game! I purchased and played this 7 years ago. Since all the recent games are so cookie cutter and easy, I decided to replay some old ones. I forgot how much fun these large file adventure games are. It is true that it takes some patience to sit through lengthy dialogue but it is worth it. I did need to resort to a walkthrough a few times but loved the challenge. I wish that we could get more games like this one.

posted in Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders on Aug 29, 17 5:37 AM
I finally finished this game. I say finally because there were some days I could only handle an hour of play due to the slow, painfully slow mouse action. This was actually a wonderful adventure with some excellent puzzles. But the slow cursor ensures I will never replay it. One needs to be a very patient person to play this game. The story was engaging. Who doesn't like a good mystery.

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 1, 17 12:27 PM
This is an excellent game. I agree with earlier reviews that it is somewhat like MYST or Samarost. More like MYST in that it is a little difficult at times and it requires a lot of back and forth and returning to previous scenes. And as far as I could see there was no jump map. I did resort to You Tube twice to get help. But the game itself gives hints. Hit escape and then "need help' where there is a puzzle you need to solve each time you want a new hint. The puzzle is the same one with different configurations therefore different solutions. I really enjoyed this game and would love to get more of this type.

posted in Alicia Griffith: Lakeside Murder on May 24, 17 3:51 AM
This is a great game for anyone who likes puzzles. There are several very challenging ones. The game itself is rather simple compared to most games but it is mostly puzzles and adventure. I find that far more interesting than hidden object hunts. The map does let you jump to any scene that you have already been at. You just highlight that scene and it shows up in the bottom right of the map and you click the arrow. So you can speed up play as you go back and forth. It was a nice change of pace.

posted in Embrace of Ocean: Story of Hope on May 16, 17 7:33 AM
This is an excellent game. Yes it is a little slow and clunky, but that is a small trade off for a good wholesome game. The puzzles are challenging enough and hidden object search is minimal. This is a good adventure and I really hope we will get more games like this. We do not need all the glamour and glitz for every game.

Why
I agree. Devils, demons and ghosts is an instant no buy for me.

posted in Wave of Time on Apr 6, 17 3:25 AM
Excellent game! If you like puzzles, you will like this game. There are some innovative puzzles and some that are simple to figure out but still fun. I am hoping we can get more games like this.

posted in Danse Macabre: Florentine Elegy Collector's Edition on Apr 2, 17 4:13 AM
Thank you divaprods for your review. I refuse to buy games with demons, sorcerers and spells, etc. I am so disappointed when a game I purchased does have that element. I try to determine ahead of purchase but as you mentioned that theme is seeping into so many games. Your reviews allows me to purchase this game with confidence. I hope the developers will veer away from the occult themes. Thanks again divaprods!

posted in Mystery Case Files: The Black Veil Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 17 4:57 AM
Like many of the reviewers, I too hoped for more from this game. It was far too easy. Not up to the challenge level of former MCF games. Short and easy. I did not skip any puzzles and still finished in a day.

posted in Invasion 2: Doomed on Mar 15, 17 4:34 AM
I tried this game twice last year when it came out but gave up because I kept getting a black screen. I decided to try again hoping there had been an update or some fix. There was not, but I just kept toggling the large screen option back and forth in the main menu options. When I started the game again or when I would move to a new scene the game would often go black. At that point I would select large screen off and when it switched, I would then go back to large screen. Kind of like jump starting the game. Now this is one of my favorite games. It has fantastic mini games and a good story to boot. Scenes are colorful and clear. I am hoping we get more games like this one. I am quite sure it will take me hours to finish since some of the puzzles are tough which makes the game fun. Also there's a good jump map. After an hour of play I discovered that in a puzzle the hint button gives the instructions. I hope those who gave up like I did last year will give it a try again. It is a great game especially if you like some challenging puzzles.

posted in Frankenstein: The Village on Mar 4, 17 3:51 AM
I have so many punch card coupon codes to use and we do not get many SE games to pick from so I got this one. It took me about 3 hours and was kind of fun. Quirky for sure, but I did like the puzzles. My only real complaint is that for the ocarina puzzles there was no option to replay the finger placements that we are supposed to duplicate. So I did skip those as soon as the timer ran out.

posted in Royal Detective: Borrowed Life Collector's Edition on Feb 24, 17 4:27 AM
Does anyone know how to win the match 3 game in chapter 3? I would appreciate any help. I am not sure what I am doing that keeps locking tiles. I have tried for an hour and cannot get enough green tiles in a row to accumulate enough points. The instructions are not helping me. I do not like to skip a puzzle since I buy the games primarily for the puzzles. I would appreciate any helpful suggestions.

The first time I played the game my computer froze when I tried to fly the dirigible. I could not reset or skip. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and I still could not move forward. I was very displeased to start another game and play another 3 hours to get to that point and the same thing happened. Unless the support team can unfreeze my progress in this game I will demand a refund.

posted in Bestseller: Curse of the Golden Owl on Feb 21, 17 12:53 PM
This game is addicting. I would like the game if it had a help section or some journal where you could be reminded how to accomplish a particular goal e.g. breaking the light bulbs. I too think it has to do with the tiles with energy or something but I cannot get it. The game gave instructions for the first one and I think it was coincidence that I solved the first one of its type. And by the way you can skip. When you select restart one of the options is to skip. But what fun is that . I want to play the game, not skip it.

posted in Fetch on Feb 11, 17 3:44 AM
I finally finished the game. It would have been a fun and cute game if it had stuck to the adventure and left out the arcade games. I could not win a single arcade game and it was difficult to see how to skip them. Plus 3 times the game froze my computer when I tried to exit. So I will not be replaying this one.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator