Posts created by Pythonette

posted in Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend on Sep 18, 13 8:03 PM
I do think she looks like her character, Violet Baudelaire, from A Series of Unfortunate Events.

posted in Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition on Sep 8, 13 8:12 PM
I am unable to pick up the last playing card in the gypsy wagon scene. Ggggrrrh.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 31, 13 8:58 PM
No trouble downloading--game manager indicates fully activated--yet, receiving, "graphics device not supported by this game" message.
Please advise.

posted in The Palace Builder on Mar 28, 10 3:44 PM
Becca704 wrote:After at least 5 failed attempts, I think I have the sequence...

Thanks, Becca, I got through 31, but, 32 is turning out to be just as challenging. I always run the timer out with the chateau not quite finished and with 355 points (the chateau is worth 145, so, I would just make the seal).

Any ideas?

posted in The Palace Builder on Mar 28, 10 3:39 PM
If it says there's an obstacle, it means that there is something (old building, tree, etc) within the designated chateau area which needs to be demolished by a worker--though, I haven't seen such a structure in this level.

I am having my own troubles with Level 32; just can't seem to finish the chateau before the time run out.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Feb 11, 10 12:21 AM
I had a hard time getting the freezer key, too. It must be a very precise hot spot, as it took probably a dozen or more attempts.

Anyone else get through the game without searching the Maestro's room? (Jennypenny, I think that's the locked room you mention.) I had the key, but, didn't go back upstairs before visiting the Tower. When the last puzzle was solved, it went to the final cut scene. Obviously, there are no key objects to be found in the Maestro's room, but, it would have been fun to see.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 8, 09 5:48 PM
What can I say? I love this game! It's challenging enough to be fun, but, I didn't need a walkthrough once. Cool.

posted in Reincarnations: Awakening on Oct 15, 09 5:58 PM
I really liked it! It was like "Return to Ravenhearst LITE." Seemed like the same artisits. It could have been a lot longer and the puzzles could have been more xchallenging, but, it's a fun and beautiful game.

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Aug 13, 09 7:52 AM
Pretty good game play, but--
lamest
ending
ever.

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Aug 13, 09 7:50 AM
The cards depicted aren't even tarot cards, but a jumble of different iconographies. What I wonder is, if you really have your faith, how can a game or any other kind of amusement endanger it? You give it far too much power. Ignore it if you choose, Personally, I really enjoy games with a supernatural element and can't get enough of them.
::::: SPOILER:::::
The human sacrifice bit is what creeped me out about this one.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 18, 09 5:18 PM
Even if "It's no Return to Ravenhearst," as has been suggested, it's definitely worth buying. I love that the scenes are hand-drawn. Most objects are pretty cleverly hidden, but it's not TOO challenging. I like that most of the objects are period--occasionally there's an anachronism, but, it's not like some games where you're searching for a cellphone, a remote control and an electric blender at Stonehenge or in the middle of the French Revolution.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 18, 09 5:13 PM
It took awhile to load, but I am short on RAM, so, I can't fault the game.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 18, 09 5:10 PM
amj0963 wrote:the only thing i really didn't like was that there were no voices i think if they would have voice overs for the story that would have really made it even more enjoyable than it already is.

I hear you, but, I confess that one of the things I liked most was that there were no voiceovers. The acting is usually so bad that I just want to skip ahead, but, this was a good story and I was happy to read it for myself and imagine the voices, as I would have it it were a book.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 18, 09 5:07 PM
I agree that it is probably much better because they didn't hire actors to play the characters. Voice-overs are usually very lame and an insult to my intelligence. Bravo!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 18, 09 1:08 PM
I had trouble also. I thought I was missing something and it's the only time I had to consult the walkthrough, which was no help, since the trouble is, as stated above, that one much be painstakingly precise to find the blue hand.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy on Jul 17, 09 11:39 PM
Took me also about five hours. Really enjoyed it. Starts out awesome, drags just a wee bit in the middle, but picks up again. The graphics are wicked cool and the music is very nice. Better story than pretty much any hidden object game I can recall. I think this is my favorite since Return to Ravenhearst.

posted in Kuros on Jul 13, 09 5:29 PM

My problem is in the library. Just how do you get the books onto the shelves?

BabyZol, I can only suggest trying to find a screen shot in one of the walkthroughs, as the items are scattered over several scenes and you must go back through the locations you've already played.

posted in Enlightenus on Jun 29, 09 3:15 PM
I love this game! I get so tired of straight hidden object games, it was very refreshing. It reminded me of Return to Ravenhearst, with a little Dream Chronicles--though, not nearly as challenging. It's beautiful and innovative, but, it needs trickier puzzles. I kept racking up hints (in case there was a puzzle I needed to skip) and was left with about 50 of them.

Is this same team responsible for any other games of which I may have heard?

posted in Mystic Diary: Lost Brother on Jun 27, 09 8:59 PM
It's no good comparing $6.99 in entertainment value across other media, because this game was designed to be sold for $20. I hate to criticize, but, this game was not much of a challenge compared to other games of this ilk. I finished it in 2.5 hours and never had to look at a walkthrough, which really isn't the best deal for a hidden object/adventure game. The graphics are nice, but the story isn't very compelling. The worst part was the tedious exercise at the end of each chapter which required the player to scroll across the hidden image. Yawn. I'm glad others enjoyed it, but if there's a sequel, I hope they beef it up.

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on May 26, 09 10:39 PM
When I played the Beta version, my ingredients kept evaporating until I went home to repair the scarecrow's dress. So, when I started the final version, I just made sure to do that before I tried preparing any ingredients, but, I am guessing that it is more important that you complete all the jumbles in the book before you can do the recipes.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator