Posts created by MJ_Mystery

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 3:05 PM
Hey guys I've started a discussion in the chit-chat corner and I'm hoping that some of you might stop by it if you can.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 2:47 PM
saskatil wrote:Hello to all-
Sorry, but I didn't think the game was great! I played in instalments, instead of doing my usual MCF all-nighter, because I actually got bored.
(I posted some comments, but didn't do a review)
I had already posted my mis-givings that the new directions the devs were taking, would make the game more 'mid-range' ; and that too much of the storyline was pre-released. I must be psychic because when I thought about the game after I played it, I was left with the feeling that there was an undeveloped story, and that most of the actions you were required to do (placing pictures), and the constant referral back to the medium, belittled the detective character.
I can't help thinking that the 'psychic detective' line means that there may be an offshoot series of games, and that this was really just an intro.
It was nice to see the 'floating jigsaws' (although repetitive), I would have preferred to know ahead of time about the MOs and the included bonus chapter.
Having said that, I enjoyed the spec thread this year, and am glad that so many are enjoying the game.

sas

I'm glad that your comments are mixed and not like the review that upset me. I haven't finished the game yet but I'm already getting a sense that this is just a piece of a bigger mystery.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 1:17 PM
purplealikat wrote:MJ- HUGS! I really like the game too!

Weiss-I'm sorry it's not what you hoped it would be. I'm glad you gave constructive criticism...there is too much nastiness in this world. Without constructive criticism, they can't make improvements.

Rats....wish I'd known you could go back and look for the MO....I got about 40% of them...shucky darns....I'll just have to play it again?

Thanks for the hug. Also agree that Weiss constructive criticism review was good and that there is too much nastiness in the world...and game reviews.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 11:23 AM
lyrialice wrote:Hi MJ_Mystery

Remember the old adage

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time

So don't feel bad.

Thanks I'll try. It's just that the though that someone wants/thinks that "MCF" is dead is what upsets me. After all they are such great games, some better than others in the opinion of others. Another thing that upset me is that the review didn't seem to me as constructive criticism.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 11:20 AM
weissvonnix wrote:Did you read mine MJ? l didn´t say it and l appreciate the work of the devs, but not what came out this time.
Don´t cry, MJ (((Hugs)))
l did like every MCF yet, some more, some a bit less. l didn´t like 13th Skull so much, but that´s only because of the theme.
l tried to describe how this game felt for me and gave reasons for that. lf the devs will read it, l hope they can use it for the next one.
lt wouldn´t make sense, if those like me, who dislike it would be quiet and leave the review thread to those who like it. This way nothing could be changed to the better.
But it should be constructive, indeed!

I know that, I'm just saying that the one that says that "MFC" is dead is the one that upset me. In my post above I said that I understand that there are those who do not necessarily like the game and have a right to say that so that the next one can be better. It is just the thought of someone saying that "MFC" is dead or should be dead upset me. (sniffle) Thanks for the hug.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 21, 12 10:59 AM
Personally I feel like crying right now guys. I saw someone's review that said "RIP MCF" and it got me really upset. Now I can understand if some people are disappointed about this MCF game like weissvonix (I for one am not) but this review really hits a nerve for me. It is like someone is saying that MCF is dead because of Shadow Lake or they think it should be dead and that is what upsets me. Big Fish games is trying their best to make each MCF game different with a new thing (i.e. Morphing Objects, interacting with the characters, ect.) in each one. I am grateful for all the hard work they do and right now I am very upset about that one review. (Sob, sob)

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 1:01 PM
Hey guys...I'm just wondering something. There seems to be a lot of bad reviews popping up in Shadow Lake review forum. I'm curious how you guys feel about the game and about all those negative reviews? Personally I am loving the game...even if I have jumped and screamed several times already and I'm only at the school!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 12:58 PM
Has anyone jumped at the raven smacking against window with the tape recorder on the windowsill just out side the penitentiary? I know I have!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 12:54 PM
Ummm...how do you find the quarry? I'm only at the school right now but people are already talking about you need to open a safe in order to start having to look for morphing objects. Does the quarry come latter in the game?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 12:51 PM
I haven't played the whole game yet (I'm only as far as the school at the moment) but so far I am loving the game! I love how you need to look everywhere for items in the hidden object lists. The story has got me on the edge of my seat and I have had at least five "Gotcha!" moments, including (hidden for spoiler just in case) what I think is a raven smacking itself against the window of the penitentiary entrance. I have actually jumped and screamed more than once when things like that happened. I do miss the achievements that were in games such as Dire Grove and 13th Skull, however it doesn't seem to take away much from this game that there are not any. I personally love the cut-scenes and the real life people in them, although I do miss the drawing ones like in Madame Fate. On a scale of one to ten stars I give this game... 10 out of 10 of course. Thanks for such a great game and I'm already looking forward towards the next Mystery Case Files next year!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 10:49 AM
Pirate_Pete wrote:
purplealikat wrote:Numbers and letters and grids....OH MY

Clearly there's a major gap in my cultural education . There's a similar phrase fairly early in the game (I don't think it's relevant to the gameplay so not a spoiler ), and while it seems familiar I just can't place it!

Could some kind soul put me out of my misery and tell me the origin of this "<something> and <something> and <something>... Oh My!" phrase please?

I first heard this line in "The Wizard of OZ" movie staring Judy Garland. I think that is what started it. The original line was "Lions and tigers and bears...Oh My!" Hope this answers your question Pirate_Pete.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 6:13 AM
shanette1706 wrote:Well...

I've finished Shadow Lake....

Wow that was fast...although it could just be because I'm still waiting for my download to finish, should be in the next hour or so.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 5:10 AM
weissvonnix wrote:Wohoo! No better way to start a day!
And our weather fits, thick fog outside.
Downloading now (60%). No Try, just a Buy.

A big thanks to Hondo, what a surprise!

(note to myself: first read pms -> then buy a game)

Don't feel bad I did the same thing.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 4:52 AM
Hondo wrote:Hey everyone!

So, what's new?

SQUEEELLLLL!!!! THANK YOU HONDO!!! (I checked my PM!)

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 8:24 PM
Well guys I'm off to bed. See you at Shadow Lake and thanks for making me feel so welcome in the Pond. I still can't believe my luck with winning a poster on that Twitter Q&A. Can't wait until MCF Spec. Thread 2013!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 5:44 PM
I won't be downloading Shadow Lake until about 5 am my time...I hope I'll be able to get through.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 4:09 PM
I also wish to add another song to the list and that song is "Monster Mash".

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 3:33 PM
Hey guys did anyone get both a poster and a game or were we all just given posters for the Twitter Q&A? I'm just curious because Hondo hinted that there might be a chance that some of us who entered might have a chance of a free game.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 3:18 PM
bri_rose1978 wrote:Okay well, we now need to develop a playlist for listening to in the bus!!

May I suggest the following:

10 Years-Now Is The Time (Ravenous)
12 Stones-Infected
AC/DC-Highway To Hell
Age of Daze-Afflicted
Another Black Day-Wicked Soul
Armor For Sleep-End Of The World
Art Of Dying-Get Thru This
Bloodsimple-Out To Get You
Christine Lorentzen-Creeping In My Soul
Dark New Day-Pieces
Death Cab For Cutie-I Will Possess Your Heart
Disturbed-Down With The Sickness, Haunted, and Perfect Insanity
Escape The Fate-Issues
Five Finger Death Punch-No One Gets Left Behind
Godsmack-Voodoo
In This Moment-Blood
Lacuna Coil-Spellbound
Lansdowne-Watch Me Burn
Linkin Park-Nobody's Listening, When They Come For Me, and Skin To Bone
Lynam-Save My Soul
Mudvayne-Scream With Me
My Darkest Days-Sick and Twisted Affair
Ozzy Osbourne-Let Me Hear You Scream
Pan.a.ce.a-We The Broken
Papa Roach-Getting Away With Murder
Pop Evil-Monster You Made
Powerman 5000-When Worlds Collide
Red-Faceless
Rob Zombie-More Human Than Human
Seether-Breakdown
Sevendust-Unraveling
Skillet-Rebirthing and Monster
Slipknot-Dead Memories
Stone Sour-Say You'll Haunt Me
The Veer Union-Darker Side of Me
We Are The Fallen-Bury Me Alive
Within Temptation-What Have You Done

What are your contributions?

"Ghostbusters" would be my suggestion.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 19, 12 1:54 PM
Hey Hondo, Picman are you going to pop in to the spec. thread today since the game is out tomorrow?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator