Posts created by Djerr22

posted in Riddles of Egypt on Dec 25, 15 8:34 PM
RE: Problems moving beyond Port to Oasis

Thoroughly fed up of restarting the game, especially because I'd actually solved the marble solitaire puzzle, I tried three things:

1) I noticed an odd thing when I first started the game but thought nothing of it, which was the first slot already said Player and not Empty and that there was no padlock on Oasis. Try deleting the Player slot or starting a game in the empty second slot.
2) Run the compatibility troubleshooter (Win 10)
3) Run the .exe file, not the Big Fish Game Manager (to make sure compatibility mode is deployed).

I did these all together because frankly I couldn't be bothered to test each solution in isolation by then but you may find 1) on its own works or 2) or 2) +3). Either way, have finally managed to get into the Oasis.

Big Fish should really be updating its own programmes beyond outmoded 32-bit when it charges premium prices for old games, but whatever....

Hope this helps someone else pulling their hair out!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Dec 25, 15 4:42 AM
Since there have been no updates on Drawn 1 and 2 since March 2012, I guess not, but since you are still selling them in the App Store you might want to think about it. I actually thought the Drawn trilogy were amongst the best on the Big Fish roster. I get bored of all the lazy, formulaic Hidden Object games but these were different

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Dec 25, 15 4:40 AM
Since there have been no updates on Drawn 1 and 2 since March 2012, I guess not, but since you are still selling them in the App Store you might want to think about it. I actually thought the Drawn trilogy were amongst the best on the Big Fish roster. I get bored of all the lazy, formulaic Hidden Object games but these were different

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Dec 25, 15 4:37 AM
The best games ever. I take it you're not on iOS though as they are no longer playable on the iPad. I wish Big Fish didn't abandon games.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 19, 14 10:34 AM
Still unable to play, and it's been a good few weeks now since the last update messed up and you pulled the app from the store.

Have you any news on where the developers are with this?

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 11, 14 8:52 AM
When is the iOS version being replaced in the store? I can't redownload the app because of some glitch in the update that caused you to withdraw it. Please, then, repost the previous version so that I can play. I have over 1100 gems and have already lost all the daily bonuses I'd built up. This is getting ridiculous. It has been days now.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Oct 8, 14 9:47 AM
Same situation for me. Well, I hope it's soon because I've got a load of gold in my account and every day it's offline I'm losing the daily bonus I've built up. Not happy.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jul 27, 14 2:52 PM
Problems since latest update:

1) Game crashes when moving or placing items around map, both when using the new in-map function and the inventory
2) Games crashes and "forgets" random path tiles so I have to spend ages searching for the "gaps", which is somewhat tedious as they're always lying behind buildings.
2) Items overlap each other, particularly near the manor house itself. My beautiful map looks rubbish with buildings half-obscured by walkers and paths.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 24, 14 10:48 AM
It may be an iOS thing but it's been going on for two months now. The game crashes when trying to play or partway through an HOS

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 24, 14 9:49 AM
Come on, Big Fish. You have great customer service but your developers need to match their performance. Since the February update the game is practically unplayable. You crash when you select an HOS, you crash when you've completed an HOS. No rhyme or reason, just energy lost every time and no points earned. Not good enough.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Mar 24, 14 9:45 AM
And that would be awesome if the game was playable. But who in their right mind is going to spend RL money on playing an HOS where the game crashes out but debits your energy?

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 12 11:17 PM
Finally solved it!!! In my frustration, I was just flinging the stone all over the screen as it pops back to its original position when it doesn't work. You need to place the stone to the top right hand side of the slingshot window, not over the slingshot itself. Yes, it makes no sense because it is nowhere near the rubber band so there's obviously a misaligned hotspot here.

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 12 11:08 PM
Does anyone else have the answer for this? I'm stuck too and no amount of placing the stone in different places on the pop-up window activates the slingshot

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 10:16 AM
I have contacted support because this problem also affects the whole of the Hard Mode game. In other words, you are paying for one playthrough only before the game becomes useless!!! I will post the answer.

A partial solution is to switch off wifi (I'm on my iPad). This prevents the game autoswitching me to Safari and then App Store when I hit an advert. And believe me, it's impossible trying to locate an unseen item to use without triggering this autoswitch several times. Turning off wifi doesn't remove the adverts so you still can't see your inventory items or the hidden object elements you are searching for.

Nightmare!

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose on Nov 11, 12 8:21 AM
The gameplay is superb but until BigFish rethinks its obtrusive advertising strategy, steer well clear of the collectors edition. No-one seems to comment on the totally unplayable bonus chapter - the inventory and hidden objects panel is obscured by an advert promoting other BigFish games.

A bit naughty when customers have paid for something.

If you don't enjoy tapping blindly with no idea of what you're looking for, save yourself the extra money and go for the standard game.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Nov 11, 12 8:17 AM
I do feel somewhat cheated by the fact that the bonus chapter is unplayable. The hidden objects and inventory are obscured by adverts. This is unreasonable since this is a paid-for aspect of the collectors edition.

I really do feel sometimes that the standard editions offer better value than the more expensive "extras" which rarely amount to much in BIgFish games. It's the extra gameplay that attracts buyers, not screenshots of game artwork, etc.

No way to reward loyal BigFish customers. That aside, the game itself is great fun - just stay away from collectors editions.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator