Posts created by barbaralbb

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Feb 13, 17 7:59 PM
The only choice seems to be to use the hammer to try and "adjust" the vertical match options. None of the other boosts help at all. I did finish level 1 of 88, but haven't made it through levels 2 or 3. Can't get the darn fish, can't buy the darn fish, & can't proceed w/o the darn fish.... kind of annoyed about this level. I can't afford to buy enough gold to buy enough hammers to move on through.....
In addition, there seems to be no pattern to the color drops (i.e. You can't depend on a green to always follow a red or a yellow), so it's pure dumb luck when the colors line up in a helpful way. I consider myself pretty good at match 3 games & really don't like an unplayable level....., what's the purpose?

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Dec 10, 16 6:10 PM
Does anyone have information regarding options to earn gold in Troll's Castle or Lost Island levels? I like those options in Dragon District & Witchville levels...., thinking there should be similar ones in these later levels. Have I missed anything? (BTW-I am playing this game on iPad vs Laptop, if that makes a difference)

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 10, 14 10:07 AM
Oh, fishies, what would I do without you! Have been wandering in this section, with pick ax and eyes, and COULD NOT figure out what to do. Gotta say, the hints weren't much help...., but the fishies were!

Finally used the Magic Medallion on the angel, up close, and found the ring which allowed me to move on and get the herbicide.... On to the weeds!

posted in Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden on Jul 10, 14 10:00 AM
Took me a while to "intuit" that the HOS's require you to use your Magic Medallion to find some of the objects. They glow green and are usually what you need to move on in the story.

posted in Viking Saga: Epic Adventure on Jun 6, 14 8:24 PM
Wow...., this was a stumper! The last two fires are on the lower right nearly invisible due to the snow/fog -
.first (fire 7) is just under the boat dock
.second (fire 8) is just under and to the right of the dock.

Then there is a hole to fill, then your Druid can activate the last stone.

These are REALLY hard to see (or they were on my screen)

posted in Lost Souls: Timeless Fables Collector's Edition on May 8, 14 3:16 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Fantasy Mosaics on May 6, 14 6:04 AM
I like this type of game, I really do.... problem for me is I'm not very good at them. They get too hard, too fast. Wish there was an Super Easy button for those of us who just want to play with less (no?) penalty for errors - how about unlimited errors?

Liked some of the nice features others mentioned (esp the auto fill) and love that the line "X's" out, on it's own, when you have correctly completed the row. All that being said, I still found it too hard for me.

posted in Magic Heroes: Save Our Park on May 2, 14 6:46 AM
Can't get the game to download. Just downloaded a CE, yesterday, and had no problems.... Must say that I've had a couple of issues with other games opening, ever since BFG downloaded that "pay to play" Atlantis game - without my permission! Really didn't like that BFG... I had to delete that game and restart my computer to make things work again.

posted in Next Stop on Apr 29, 14 10:29 AM
Such a cute game! Really like it and actually submitted an "official" game review (my first). Surprised that it was a "soft" release..

In summary, this is a game in the same vein as Gold Rush. Simple and fun to play. Basic story of greedy banker, cash strapped owner, and the plucky little lady who will save the railroad in 40 days. Played about 15 min before I bought it with a game credit.

Of course, the levels get harder as you go along but, so far, nothing hard too manage. I must admit that I played in the untimed mode. I usually do that, first time through, then go back a play again in the timed mode. I just hate the pressure ( ) until I know how the game unfolds.....

It is a bit disconcerting that the workers can run through the train, when completing their tasks.... or that the train can run through the workers when they are repairing the track, but it is a "virtual" kind of world.

posted in Iron Sea Defenders on Apr 21, 14 7:01 AM
Thought I'd try a new type of game... you never know - it might have been a new favorite! Nope - never figured out what I was supposed to do or how to shoot the silly ships. Didn't find the tutorial at all helpful. Think this is exactly the kind of game my kids would find simple but not my style.... at all!

posted in Zombie Jewel on Apr 21, 14 6:52 AM
I like Match 3 and thought I'd try the demo. Played the full hour and, as Nilosh said, your task is to save your girlfriend from the Zombies by moving through various scenes/locations and completing several Match 3 screens at each. That's it - pretty straightforward.

The game play is simple and the game is generous with bombs to help clear several squares. This is one of those Match 3 where it is most effective to start at the bottom and work your way up. There are "stones/skulls" that block, but they are very easy to clear by a match or with a bomb. They aren't really much of an problem. Never came across any items to "collect", but there may be some further into the game. However, you do need to clear a specific number of color tokens at each level.

In addition, there are four "helpers" whom you can hire to assist. Each has a different skill and, for additional pay, will use those skills. Should have written them down, but think their skills are: clear a line, clear specific color tokens, toss a bunch of bombs (my favorite) and shuffle the screen. It's pretty easy to acquire funds, so no big problem with using your helpers.

Found the time generous, too, and never felt like I was under pressure to complete a level (a serious negative for me, in this type of game). While you have to clear various squares at each level, I really liked that they were yellow and easy to see. Just played another Match 3 where the squares to "break" were almost the same color as the broken squares.... The clear color difference was a plus.

So, a nice game - not too taxing and sort of funny. I'm seriously considering using a credit to add it to my collection....

posted in Mystery Riddles on Apr 3, 14 6:17 PM
I share your frustration! This seems like a good game and I was looking forward to playing.... but the #@&% tutorial won't let me proceed. For goodness sake, I've played these game a lot. Why on earth can't the tutorial be skipped.... Have tried to click on every square and cannot proceed - so, sorry, BFG this is a no for me.

I almost bought it without testing, knowing I would like the concept...would have been a rookie mistake!

posted in Magic Griddlers on Apr 1, 14 8:20 AM
I kind of like World Mosaics and find these grid games fun, as an alternative to my favorite HObj and Time Mgmt games. Grid and Match 3 give some variety.... But this one is pretty unforgiving and moved into pretty hard patterns after just a few levels. I must admit that I never understand the shapes..., they never look like anything to me, so they aren't much of a clue either.

And what is with the Boxom lady at the opening screen - never got to anything that made her presence make sense.....! Ah, well, maybe the art department had an extra concept drawing from another game.

So, bottom line, if you like Grid games, this might suit you perfectly. As I'm not all that adept, it was too hard for me and, thus, a "delete".

posted in The Adventures of Perseus on Mar 27, 14 2:08 PM
Really expected to like this game but it kept freezing up..... Couldn't even get past the first level. Too bad/too sad and it's deleted.

posted in Rush for Gold: California on Mar 18, 14 5:41 AM
A strange thing has happened to me.... after years of playing only HObj games, I've become addicted to Time Management! Can't seem to get enough of them. They are challenging, sometimes frustrating, and FUN.

Loved Gold Rush:Alaska and used a game credit to get this one as soon as I saw it. Thanks BFG and developer. This is just what I needed for a long trip I'm taking!

Third game in a row that will not download! Pretty frustrating. Only solution I've found that worked is to delete game manager, restart computer, then install game which reinstalls game manager. It's worked before but why is it necessary? Will update if that resolves the problem......

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Nov 3, 13 9:53 AM
Eureka!
Finally got through this level - don't know exactly why this approach works, but it surely does. Thanks fishies!

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Oct 30, 13 1:36 PM
This is a nice TM game. Pretty easy to follow and I really like that the "chained" tasks show up with a Pennant that tells you the order in which they will be completed. That way, if you want to revise or eliminate one, you know exactly which one to select.

I used a Punch Card coupon and think I'll enjoy this one on days when I just want to let my mind "zen" out....

The story makes no sense, and it certainly does not match the myth (i.e. a helpful Medusa... .) but it's fun and not to be taken too seriously.

posted in Fill and Cross: Trick or Treat on Oct 28, 13 8:04 AM
Not a great game, sort of old fashioned and cludgy. Basic "fill-in-the-blanks" without any of the charm of the other games of this genre.

Must admit, I'm a HOPA person but I do enjoy other types of games for a change. Have several of these Fill and Cross, lots of Match 3, Time Mgt, etc. So, I'm not just commenting on a game style that I don't like.... This one just didn't grab me and I deleted after about 15 min.

Going back to play Spooky Bonus match game since I've finished my last two CE HOPA's. Fingers crossed that Halloween brings a good game 'cause this one just doesn't make the grade.

Of course, politically correct disclaimer: try it yourself and see what you think. My opinion is just my opinion.

posted in Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation on Oct 1, 13 6:23 PM
Well, double DUH - why didn't I think to check to see that there was a walkthrough (and many thanks to Nathanial A for an excellent job!).

So, found the walkthrough, found the portrait/picture section, and have moved on. Just an little embarrassed not to have looked for that option, earlier....

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator