Posts created by OrionsRose

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 8, 13 1:54 PM
I wasn't going to enter this convo but I feel the need to defend the devs here.

All those games where you can change appearances probably don't also have you "making babies" and growing families through genetic births. While it would be awesome to see some ethnic diversity in the games from this dev, I'm assuming it's probably a logistical nightmare as far as programing goes. It used to be in these games that the children inherited some traits from their parents, this time around that doesn't seem to be the case which makes for some interesting outcomes, more unpredictable. There are lots of different looks and hair/eye colors. But think for a second how that may or may not work if it came to lighter and darker people or various ethnicities. They can only program it so far and the possibility for complaints could be huge. This dev is a very small company (only 3 or 4 people I think) and they simply cannot please everyone with how they program the game. Plus, it would probably take them twice as long to release each game and as it is it can be years between them.

BTW, calling white people "vanilla" is pretty insulting as it implies boring or bland the way you said it. Also white people are from a WIDE range of nationalities! But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't mean to be insulting and it was just a comment on the lack of ethnic diversity in the game.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 5, 13 10:43 PM
Oh dear, I'm just cracking up here reading some of the funny things. It's fun how many different weird things there are in this game to amuse us and some of the variations. I had a dad preparing a meal and I suddenly wondered why it was taking so long for dinner to get on the table so I check on him and he's in the corner of the kitchen, holding a bowl (of salad?) and "taking a nap!"

Sometimes I wonder though, how many of these quirks are in fact glitches and not put there on purpose to amuse us.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 5, 13 9:10 PM
Amen! I've got six babies that Jenny didn't even congratulate me for let alone buy me diapers, etc.!
And can we talk about the boss who keeps falling off his mower while enjoying his 18 acres and a lake?! A get-well card maybe, but money for the rich guy...I don't think so.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 3, 13 8:20 PM
Thank you Ayla1402! I didn't really understand what you were meaning but then it got me thinking and I took their washer away and what do you know...they can pick up the socks again! Weird glitch! I'll give it back to them once they have accumulated the rest of the socks I need for the award.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on Jun 1, 13 10:04 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch or not...maybe someone can weigh in if they've had the same thing happen or if they know why it's happening...I see that a few others have had this happen too but I see no answers yet.

I have 77 socks collected but now suddenly in generation 5 they can't really pick up the socks. I think they could at the beginning of this generation but a couple days ago this issue started happening and now it's happening again. You can send someone to pick up a sock and they do briefly, but then they drop it again (about a millimeter forward on the floor) and run away. No one holds onto it and takes it to the washing machine. I thought this might clear itself up if I exited or turned off my computer but it still happened. So naturally I thought no one at all would be able to pick it up but lo and behold the maid can. Of course, her picking it up means I don't get it counted towards my goal. I fired the maid after she picked up all the stuck socks the first time thinking it would right itself and I could go back to collecting them for the goal. But alas, not working again. So if this is a glitch, it's a very strange one indeed and if it's not...what the heck is going on?

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 31, 13 12:42 PM
LOL@lorie!

Oh I know what you mean! Mine are always arguing too. I'm so thankful for the adoption option because I truly believe the devs made these people far more argumentative and bratty than in the previous game. These families seem to hate each other. No one interacts positively. Baby-making is like pulling teeth. The children are unbearably bratty at times (and red-gloving them doesn't act as discipline to modify behavior).

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 28, 13 6:05 PM
Something disturbing that relates to longevity in this game is the fact that even on pause your people can get sick! I've had this happen twice, to my horror. I always make sure everyone is healthy and fed before hitting pause and I've come back to sick people with diminished health.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 28, 13 5:12 PM
Mine consistently shut off the shower just after someone else has gotten in...how rude!

I kinda like that the older kids still play.
Not sure I'm thrilled though that the game says things like "driving like daddy" and "cooking like mommy." I can't help feeling just a tiny bit offended by those sexist comments.

posted in Rescue Team 3 on May 26, 13 12:21 AM
I own the first two Rescue Team games and expected this to be more of the same....not incredible but fun for a rainy day with nothing to do game. Certainly didn't expect to feel angry just a few minutes in. But angry I am. This storyline is deplorable! Bad timing for sure but honestly, when is it ever ok to be this callous and greedy about helping others?! This made me feel sick! Big Fish ought to be ashamed for supporting/offering this game and the devs need to get their heads examined!
And on the topic of devs needing their heads examined (and not just these devs)...enough already with the ridiculously sexual female characters here guys! It's so Jr. high!
**dopey laugh** "Gee let's draw chicks with big chests and revealing clothes so we can ogle them in our games."
Grow up and act like real men who can actually respect women and not objectify them!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 25, 13 6:26 PM
My merry-go-round seems to be useless. Nothing happens when you drop them on it. Pity, it looks so pretty I thought it would be fun.

Does anyone else have items they bought and thought would do something or at least be used by their people but seems totally pointless?

I keep hearing about the yoga equipment being useless which is pretty bad when they listed it as helping with health. Maybe just having it helps, they don't actually have to use it. Boy, if only my treadmill at home worked like that!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 24, 13 12:09 PM
I noticed something in VF1 and I'm noticing it here again in VF2...my oldest living people tend to be in the first couple generations, then they seem to be dying earlier and earlier each generation. My last one died in their early 50's but my oldest was 1st generation at 62. Don't know how I'll ever get the award for 65 at this rate.

I buy them nothing but organic food and all the rooms are renovated. They are well fed and fairly well rested. I give them vitamins and fruit. I praise them for exercising. I don't know what more I can do to help them live longer as none of these positive, healthy things seem to make a difference.

Maybe check the dev's forums and see if anyone there has answers for improving longevity.

Edit: I have to note that I check on them frequently enough but every single time I put them to bed for the night and leave them until the next morning, several of them end up sick with very low health bars. What gives?

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 17, 13 9:32 PM
lorie56 wrote:Too bad that doesn't work on the kids. I have a couple I'd like to velcro to the walls.

They do seem brattier this time around don't they!

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 17, 13 9:31 PM
I didn't realize you could purposely make the animals stick to the water in the pool...and here I was already thinking it was pretty weird that whenever I come back to check on my game all the animals are walking on water! The first time it happened it was snowing and I thought they were stuck on ice (thought the pool turned into a skating rink when it snowed but no such luck - wouldn't that have been cool though?!) but then it kept happening no matter what the weather was doing. Very strange. I have to keep plucking them off the water.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 13, 13 11:09 AM
I think you might actually be referring to the orange slices by the garbage cans. They do sort of look like gold coins. They are only there once-in-a-while and they are for solving one of the goals. I don't want to spoil it for you.

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on May 10, 13 4:53 PM
Don't beat yourselves up! You probably played a great game!

First, it's likely that the Developer Record is an average of several of the dev's scores so beating an average isn't like beating their very best and/or fastest player.
Second, the score is made up of several parts: buildings, upgrades, supplies amassed, workers, and time.

Beating the dev's record isn't supposed to be impossible, but rather, a fun challenge. Different strategies on levels that take advantage of different parts of the score might just give you that edge to beat record. Enjoy the achievement!

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on May 10, 13 4:44 PM
I've had a few levels where workers get stuck but there's no logical reason how they got stuck. Like two workers ending up on an island where there's only one boat docking area so one gets left behind and steals the next worker's boat when someone else goes to pick up supplies. How did two workers even end up there in the first place? Or once I had a watering guy end up stuck on an island where there wasn't even anything he could water!

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on May 10, 13 4:40 PM
I've been replaying levels for 4 days just trying to get this trophy (we're a bit of an obsessive bunch about these trophies aren't we! ) and I've easily played the equivalent of 3 times through the whole game and I still don't have this darn trophy!
If I have any real complaints about this game it's the trophies that take way longer than a normal amount of playing through the game. This makes it feel like a chore and has really taken away from the fun. My Tribe was like that too and it just became not fun to play because you either feel like it's incomplete or you waste your time trying to get that one last trophy that takes an unreasonable amount of time.

I didn't know you could skip playing the rest of the level once you'd gotten the shacks, I'll have to try that. Does anyone know if the "trade" buildings count as shacks?

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 7, 13 9:53 AM
PB2010 wrote:Snow means no collectibles turn up at all.

Actually, I've had everything but bugs show up when it's snowing. Maybe you just had a collection lull...that does happen in these games sometimes.

posted in Virtual Families 2 on May 3, 13 12:17 AM
I don't care if it's a glitch! I seem to have the brattiest little kids running around constantly disturbing everyone so I was thrilled to know about this little "time out" area.
Hey, a parent's got to do what a parent's got to do (to get some sleep, work done, etc.). Yay for the dead zone!

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on May 2, 13 11:51 PM
I seem to have an older version but as I've not experienced the problems listed I don't know if the new version will help me any.
I'm having issues with sluggishness after certain goals are completed. For instance, in the level with the pylons and gates, once you open all the gates the game becomes sluggish and jerky. This has happened on other levels after completing some big goal. The rest of the time it runs just fine.
Also, on levels where you have to get ghosts or burglers, I'm finding I have to click them multiple times (5-6 times usually) just to make the action happen. This is making it nearly impossible to complete those levels in the gold time because I'm spending way too much time just trying to get the offender dealt with.

Does uninstalling/reinstalling a game (specifically this one) cause you to lose your progress?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator