Posts created by leapfrog0202

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Aug 28, 13 4:29 PM
I have the same problem with the last potion, namely:

I put the items in, used the mortar and pestle and put the bowl on the fire. Then I got the message WRONG PROPORTIONS.

I mixed it back up since that emptied the bowl, put it back, got the same message and then decided I was too dumb to figure that puzzle out and hit skip.

My bowl is full, I cannot empty it and it no longer goes on the fire either. I cannot skip, cannot replay the puzzle and can move no further in the game.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing to help. Has the company been notified so they can fix this bug? Technical support isn't going to be able to help with this and no one with this problem can complete the game without this being fixed.

ETA: I rarely have ever had technical problems with BF games, this being the 2nd time and I've been buying games here for years. So obviously something is wrong with this.

posted in Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby on Aug 28, 13 4:25 PM
I realize that it worked for some people that counted the circles, but in my case I didn't know that.

I put the items in, used the mortar and pestle and put it on the fire. Then I got the message WRONG PROPORTIONS.

I mixed it back up since that emptied the bowl, put it back, got the same message and then decided I was too dumb to figure that one out and hit skip.

My bowl is full, I cannot empty it and it no longer goes on the fire either. I cannot skip, cannot replay the puzzle and can move no further in the game.

I think that is what people are referring to and I believe that this is a technical error in that the code wasn't written to allow these types of mistakes to be made followed by an attempt to skip.

posted in Motor Town: Soul of the Machine on Feb 12, 13 1:38 AM
Althena533 wrote:Boy did they ever goof right off the bat! ;v) You'd think by now that EVERYBODY would know that the only thing you'll ever find in the back end of a VW bug is the engine, NOT the trunk! ;v)

Thanks! I wondered if it was just me that thought that was funny

posted in Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission on Jan 23, 12 12:50 AM
I lasted less than 10 minutes on this game. I usually don't do reviews because so many others do them before I get to it but this time I'm motivated to do so because this game to me is so bad.

Maybe I'm wrong to think this, but this is a game that wants to hold your hand and I can't stand that! You cannot skip the (thankfully short) tutorial. In one scene you have to put 3 things together to get a 4th thing and the diagram of how to do so is drawn on the area for you! Sort of an outline when you hover over the area in which you are to work. To me, if I wanted that level of hand holding I wouldn't play a HOG/Adventure game.

My best idea is to try the game. If you can get past the handholding and being told everything to do, then you might like it.

Good luck.

posted in Sonya Collector's Edition on Aug 22, 11 4:08 PM
sassy44 wrote:I got the ice skates and tried to go to the right now my screen is half game half black and it will not go back to normal. Turned if off, etc. any suggestions???

Sassy many of the previous comments in this thread are about this very issue. I have the same problem also. One of the developers was on the thread on page 3 I think. Supposedly they are working on the problems, but I have no idea when that will be.

I guess we're going to have to start over, I have no idea.

Leap

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 1:53 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to BFG and to the developers for this great game!

It's different than what I've seen and really a nice change from what we've had lately! WTG and I will be looking for more from this developer!

Kevarda, thank you very very much!

Kelvarda wrote:I've had a few PM's asking where the puppet parts are, I put that down to plurking round this forum for most of today, and as it's very late here in the UK, I've decided to post this list so fishies can use it or not and carry on playing whilst I'm snoring in bed

COMPLETE SPOILER Hilite to read:
1. In H0 scene at the Lumberjack
2. In the Wall outside town, above and to the right of the gate lever (look for cracks in the wall)
3 Skull Road - Skull at bottom LH side - use Lift ability
4 Hidden object scene (down chimney, where you get the weights)
5 Apothecary 1st Room - Bottle - Far left on barrel
6 Apothecary Storage Room - Bucket Lower Right hand side
7 - Toy Shop Outside - Barrel Right Hand Side (Lift)
8 - Toy Shop Floor 1 - Lift Shield Left Hand Side
9 - Toy Shop Floor 2 - Lantern on Table OR Floor at side of stairs goinf down (look for cracks)
10 - Toy Shop Floor 3 - Use Lift on Curtain Upper Right
11 - Toy Shop Floor 3 - Lift Cracked Floorboard at bottom
12 - Trolls House (Over other side of River) Lift Orb on Roof
13 - Well at Rapunzels H0 scene
14 - Rapunzels Tower - Picture of Fox - Use smoke to draw him out, remove puppet part in mouth
15 - Rapunzels Tower - Picture of Scarecrow - Can only be picked up when fairy has WATER ABILITY to use on the dry River Bed, pick up the puppet piece

Phew!!

Hope you all have fun. I've finished playing it tonight and for the most part enjoyed it.

Kel

Kelvarda wrote:I've had a few PM's asking where the puppet parts are, I put that down to plurking round this forum for most of today, and as it's very late here in the UK, I've decided to post this list so fishies can use it or not and carry on playing whilst I'm snoring in bed

COMPLETE SPOILER Hilite to read:
1. In H0 scene at the Lumberjack
2. In the Wall outside town, above and to the right of the gate lever (look for cracks in the wall)
3 Skull Road - Skull at bottom LH side - use Lift ability
4 Hidden object scene (down chimney, where you get the weights)
5 Apothecary 1st Room - Bottle - Far left on barrel
6 Apothecary Storage Room - Bucket Lower Right hand side
7 - Toy Shop Outside - Barrel Right Hand Side (Lift)
8 - Toy Shop Floor 1 - Lift Shield Left Hand Side
9 - Toy Shop Floor 2 - Lantern on Table OR Floor at side of stairs goinf down (look for cracks)
10 - Toy Shop Floor 3 - Use Lift on Curtain Upper Right
11 - Toy Shop Floor 3 - Lift Cracked Floorboard at bottom
12 - Trolls House (Over other side of River) Lift Orb on Roof
13 - Well at Rapunzels H0 scene
14 - Rapunzels Tower - Picture of Fox - Use smoke to draw him out, remove puppet part in mouth
15 - Rapunzels Tower - Picture of Scarecrow - Can only be picked up when fairy has WATER ABILITY to use on the dry River Bed, pick up the puppet piece

Phew!!

Hope you all have fun. I've finished playing it tonight and for the most part enjoyed it.

Kel

gottatude wrote:my map doesnt show anymore cursed areas yet still do not have middle puppets head any ideas

Mine also has the only areas remaining are areas where it says I don't have that ability that is needed yet or that cottage where I cannot get it unlocked yet.

I looked through the walkthrough I found by googling by as far as I can tell I've completed all the scenes that they say has a puppet part.

You may want to try finding a walkthrough and checking it gottatude. Good luck. I know I'm far too frustrated to play further. Grrrrrr

Kelvarda wrote:@ sanniek1 - if you read my post above, it should help you too, as you will need to back track to find a missing piece. Use the MAP at the back of the Strategy Guide (click on the purple tab). It will show you places where you still have things to find or whether the area is cleared. Just click on the little circles and it will take you there immediately, then use the dragon or the fairy to break/water/smoke or lift things

Kel

Kelvarda,

You've helped a lot on this area but I still need the middle puppet's head. I found a walkthrough on another site and also all areas that are covered in there as having a puppet part tell me this area is cleared.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if I'm missing it....can you help me at all? I'd greatly appreciate it. I usually don't have problems but I have been stuck for hours now.

Also just a quick question - the No Trespassing Sign - is there something to do with it? Thanks!

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 7:46 AM
I'm sorry everyone - I had the Mom's Day dates wrong! Forgive me and please accept my early greetings!

satexasgirl wrote:First, and totally off topic-Welcome Back, Goofyduck-we have missed you!

Second, and again, totally off topic-Happy Mother's Day to those who celebrate today. I was a bit stressed thinking I had the dates wrong as here in the US it's not until next week. So have a happy day.

Okay, now a lot of others have already said it so well including Goofy, Cherb, & Kel so I don't really have much to add other than I remember playing the first and this is a definite improvement ( not that the first was all that bad) over the first. There was one mini game that I played that I really had no idea how to do it, and I found the "help" not so helpful. But maybe that was due to lack of sleep and caffeine and a stupid woodpecker trying to shatter one of my windows and driving my dogs nuts at the same time. Oh well, Have fun, y'all.

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 7:45 AM
peglegann wrote: Happy May Day to all!

Basic Options on the game. Sound, Music, Fullscreen, Widescreen and Custom Cursor. And a help button to describe the actions.
There is a diary to read when you get into the game. The hint does not take long to re-charge and there is a swirling cursor to penalise you for over clicking! The usual items to find in the H0 scenes, feathers, grasshoppers etc., unlike Voodoo which had some unusual items The graphis were not crisp and some of the items are hard to find as they are almost greyed out into the blurry background. (No, I do not need specs! As others seem to think that the graphics are clear, I even checked with my 23 year old DS!) I have come across 3 mini games so far, a maze, a moving furniture one and getting 2 arcs into each other, all reasonably easy to do and I think that there was a skip button.
There is not a choice of modes, which some fishies may find difficult but there are sparkles all over the place . So, it is not hard to know what to do. I am not convinced that this is a good follow up to the last Mystery Chronicles but will try it for a little longer. Have fun all

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 12:34 AM
P.S. If you are also in a country that celebrates Mother's Day today, Happy Mother's Day to you too! Didn't mean to leave anyone out.

I always read reviews before bothering to download so I figured I'd post a review to help out all the people whose reviews I have read in the past. Thanks for all the great information everyone.

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love on May 1, 11 12:32 AM
Have played about 20 minutes of this game and I love it!

Nice clear graphics, different type of mini games than the usual - at least 2 already that I've never seen before.

Although some items are a little difficult to find I only used 2 hints in 20 minutes and I'm playing on a laptop. Of course, lighting and all sorts of other factors make a difference so I'm not saying someone else won't find the items difficult to see as did a previous reviewer. I just didn't have a problem.

I did multiple mis-clicks on purpose and didn't see any sort of penalty. This may be one of those games where you either really need to mis-click a LOT to trigger it or there may be no penalty. I also thought the hint recharged rather quickly - maybe a minute?

Going to bed now but will definitely be purchasing this tomorrow.

Enjoy everyone and to those in the US, Happy Mother's Day!

posted in Treasure Hunters on Mar 13, 11 11:58 AM
I don't normally post reviews, mainly because other, more adept reviewers typically get there before I do and I read theirs! This time though, the game was so poor that I am posting a review mainly in the hopes that BFG will take our comments about poor quality lately into consideration in the future.

I realize BF doesn't design these games but please, please test them before allowing them to be placed on your website for sale! These games we've been seeing lately make a mockery of your good reputation and may cause you to lose members.

Be that as it may, here's my take on this game: So boring, pathetically easy and irritating with the 'Glove of Power' that I felt like I was playing a game aimed at my 8 year old grandson!

Huge black sections on top, bottom and both sides of screen - not a good start. Directions that not only held my hand but made me feel like I was being talked to like an idiot. Most people here, EVEN VERY EARLY BEGINNERS, do NOT need this type of handholding! I would think the developers would respect people's basic ability to figure things out and give us some credit!

I lasted probably 10 minutes before finally being so irritated I had to quit. Not only will I not buy this but I am beginning to wonder where BF is finding these poor quality games and why we are being subjected to them?

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 21, 11 1:48 PM
I just wanted to write in and encourage everyone having trouble to contact Tech Support.

I did the live chat, but when updating an Adobe file, was forced to close the live chat. The technician, Tim, emailed me back write away and wanted to use a program called Dr. Felix to help figure out what is wrong and when that wouldn't download he responded quickly to that email also!

I'm now sending him more information but I have to say this is the 1st time I've used Tech Support and I am so absolutely impressed!

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 21, 11 9:29 AM
I get the html codes for everything and can't get back to the main game after checking the option areas.

[removed by moderator]

This is a link to a screen shot of the problem for any tech support folks.

I too have been a little disappointed in the quality of the games lately although I don't have the bugginess, just things that are hard to generalize about - seems as if some of them are rushed to completion or something.

I have done Beta testing before and I'd be happy to do so again if it would help improve the quality. I do quality assurance for my job and am used to looking for detailed things.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 2, 10 7:40 AM
My problem is that for some reason as soon as I hit PLAY the game changes my screen resolution and even using Aspect Ratio it won't remain where it should be. This results in only probably 2/3 of the actual room or area I'm in showing on my screen even though it takes the full screen. So then I can't access items I've picked up nor can I get to the menu.

Very frustrating as it looks like a great game.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 22, 10 6:42 PM
nvwxman wrote:h0w do I get past safe I've done it the way that the walk-through says to do but it wont open

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried any number of common tricks to open the safe such as spinning clockwise past 4 again before moving to the next number, but it's just not working.

I tried letting the dial go after doing 4 so it spins back to original location and I've tried just doing them all without letting go of the dial.

Help!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator