Posts created by darksprires

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain on Apr 10, 11 9:06 AM
midnightmoose wrote:I posted this in the 'BEWARE: before you purchase" thread, but as I was not the only person this happened to, I thought I would mention it here. When I went to purchase after my demo time was up, I hit the " Buy it now" button on the game manager, downloaded the full version, went to play, but got error code 206-000. When I checked my purchases, I found the strategy guide was what I had purchased. Not sure how this happened, maybe a glitch, maybe just the way I purchased. but contacted CS, so I know it will get sorted out. But now I have to wait to play .

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain on Apr 10, 11 8:18 AM
I got message 206. I clicked purchase at the end of the demo and apparently it gave me the stratagy guide instead of the game. That is the one I have on my purchase history and that doesn't download, either and is also giving me a 206.

No, I haven't changed my address and my paypal tells me this has been purchased, or rather something was purchased, not what I wanted. I have written to help to get this sorted out.

posted in Epic Adventures: Cursed Onboard on Mar 11, 11 9:19 AM
And I didn't use a curse word. What I said was the initials for Hidden Object in upper case.

posted in Epic Adventures: Cursed Onboard on Mar 11, 11 9:17 AM
I stopped playing after fifteen minutes. I was frankly bored. The **** scenes were junky and too frequent and as for the storyline.... Oh, so this mega rich couple and thier kid go missing in their luxuary cruise liner with all the crew. Note mega rich? So cue kid's ghost, speaking in a voice over from a poor person Brit accent. Um no. ROTFL. My ability to suspend disbelief was shattered. No buy and no play to the end of demo. Already uninstalled and I would reinstall this if it were a free gift.

I managed to get through the demo despite the stupid voice overs but they quite wrecked the play for me. Aside from the retarded woman mispronouncing the words for Cassandra, there are the horrible cats, the ghastly geese and the stupid sheep voices. I would downgrade this from Hogwarts to Daffy Duck.

I didn't think much of the graphics in general. They didn't look real except for the HOG scenes. The theme might have been interesting without the voices wrecking it but I wouldn't pay CE price for this game. I wouldn't pay regular price, either. I might consider this when it goes to the bargain basement, but I somehow doubt it.

This is a definite pass.

I am not sure if I am going to be buying this one or even if I am going to finish the demo. If only people educationally challenged can be found to read the voice over then perhaps it would be better to just have a print out at the bottom of the screen. I have Brit friends and I know they, (the vast educated majority of them,) do not pronounce the word in - vent - tery, which makes the item sound like something out of Hogwarts.

I think I will wait until tomorrow and see what folks say on the forum about the extra content. This might be a pass from me as I am not sure I can bear the stupidity.

posted in Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss on Feb 18, 11 8:36 AM
I was so bored that I closed the game after 20 minutes. It ranks as one of the worst I have ever seen and it also did not have and needed a magnifying option on the HOG scenes.

posted in The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure on Feb 15, 11 8:48 AM
The stupid baseball bat can be picked up if one goes to expert mode. Guess what, the hint thingy actually works in expert mode and doesn't give the duh info that items on the list need to be found. So, once the little star has settled over the bat it is possible to pick it up after three or four tries.

Someone mentioned the screwdriver from the next room. Actually, the thing is a key and it opens a little box. The shape doesn't much look like a key and does look like a screwdriver.

I would like to know why expert mode is the one with all the hints and ordinary mode is harder and doesn't work. Anyhow, I got to the upstairs bedroom of the manor in 35 minutes, after having restarted the game in expert mode. This is not one I will be buying.

posted in Reading the Dead on Feb 14, 11 8:39 AM
Disappointing with poor graphics. The plot was not far off ones I have seen before and the hidden objects were so small in some cases that it was just a point and click many times guessing game. Oh, and I have heard of the term 'nappy' before, but I didn't have a clue about 'biro'. Not that it would have mattered as I could see half the objects anyhow.

I finished the demo with 15 minutes to spare, which makes me think this was an easy game and it is definitely not one I would buy.

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Dec 19, 10 7:51 AM
It looked good at first and then came the first hidden object scene. Terrible graphics and a boring junk pile scene. What a disappointment to have this poor, cartoon style sort of scene. I uninstalled it after six minutes.

posted in Chronicles of Albian: The Magic Convention on Dec 1, 10 9:24 AM
I nearly stopped playing in the first two minutes after the voice over with the person suffering a speach impediment. It didn't get much better with very small objects in the HOG scenes and not much of a storyline. Did I blink and miss it? Not for me.

posted in The Dragon Dance on Dec 1, 10 7:45 AM
I have just deleted the trial game with thirty minutes left on the clock. I couldn't get the hidden object scene in Edward's room to start despite doing everything including the carpet in the basement. I couldn't get the bullets and the gun to go into the inventory. The game was slow with many other glitches. The graphics were poor and I would not buy a game from this particular provider should they produce another one, which I doubt.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Nov 26, 10 1:57 PM
I am stuck on two hidden object scenes. I cannot get the egg in the clothes line scene. The pointer freezes before it gets there and if I do get on top it won't work. Same as trying to get the cleaver in the shed with the screw lock scene. I can't pick them up.

posted in Bloodline of the Fallen: Anna's Sacrifice on Nov 1, 10 5:56 AM
Not for me. I just did the demo and found the graphics very poor. The storyline seemed to jump in random directions and the puzzles were poor. Given the list of books to find in the library, why did the action suddenly start on getting the second with the others left unfound?

I also found the game kick out for a few seconds for no particular reason.

posted in Exorcist on Aug 18, 10 11:16 AM
Nikki 223 The gears are all there already. Four go above the big wheel and four below. If you turn the handle, you will see how it works and what you will need to shift.

posted in The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Jul 29, 10 7:46 AM
Thirty minutes into my free trial was enough. The game worked soooooo slowly that I only got as far as the first hidden object scene and that was like watching a tortoise wade through a lake of mollasses. And yes, I did click out of the game after five minutes to turn off every other application that was running, despite the fact that I have a huge memory capacity on the pc. It didn't make any difference.

What I saw of the game looked interesting, if it were to be playing in real time and not slow motion.

posted in Immortal Lovers on Jul 24, 10 9:04 AM
After trying this game the words that come to mind are 'silly' as in very. Boring and poor graphics would also be in the running. I will not be buying this one. The most exciting thing about it was the title. How sad is that?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator