Posts created by bachlein

posted in Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition on Jul 26, 13 2:06 PM
I can't figure out what to do here. Which "icons" are which. Are they a combination of two things? Sometimes it looks like its just fire, then sometimes it looks like its fire and (maybe) earth???? I have the CE game, but the strategy guide does not really help. (Also, is the grey "marble" earth?)

posted in Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate on Jun 15, 13 8:55 AM
I looked at the walkthrough for the slider game...and there's no "blank" space. All the spaces are from A to U...and the walkthrough solution starts on the letter L. The blank space on my game is between the A and C tiles. I guess I'll just have to skip this one, unless someone has a good hint for me. Thanks.

Hey Severine Snape...yours is the FIRST one I've found that really told me what I needed to do. Thanks very much!!! Other posts just said, "Spell out..." Well, that didn't work for me. I'll try your way tomorrow. Again, thanks!!

posted in The Secrets of Da Vinci on Dec 29, 12 4:09 PM
I have a two fold problem. I have no sugar to make the fumagant, AND I've already put the saltpeter and water into the copper pot. Is there any way to empty the copper pot, so I can distill some brandy from the white wine? Or do I have to go ALL THE WAY back to where I was in Saturnai's room near the beginning of the game. How frustrating.

posted in Syberia II on Sep 20, 12 10:05 AM
Thank you. I THOUGHT that I had clicked on it a dozen times, but I guess not. (BUT there was no indication that it was a hot spot.) Again, thanks!!

posted in Syberia II on Sep 19, 12 10:38 AM
The walk through says to go along the fence from the Cabaret to get to the Bourgoff Brothers place, but it isn't possible. (There is no "lighted directional arrow" that sends me along the fence.) I move into the middle foreground and then can't go forward anywhere. Maybe I'm missing a step? I seem to have done everything that the walk through says...but I DID pull the lever at the top of the stairs before descending. Maybe I goofed doing that?

posted in Syberia - Part 3 on Sep 17, 12 10:50 AM
I'm having a freezing problem in the hotel after she fixes the Blue "whatever" drink. I cannot move past the conversation where James says that she used to break crystal. Any suggestions? Okay, I got around the problem by putting the crystal glass on the bar before I talked any more to her...after she discovers that she has her voice back.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch on Sep 6, 12 12:52 PM
I had my doubts about this game...but decided to try it anyway. I played it on "expert" which means there are NO hints or puzzle directions. (Believe me, I am No expert!!) But it was lots of fun and a real challenge to figure out what to do in the puzzles. Some don't like that there are puzzles that are similar...but it seemed to me that with each new one, each was just a little harder than the one previous. I had played several other of the "Echo" games and liked them, too. Maybe now, I'll go back and play them on expert, too. Just for a little change of pace. Good game, good puzzles, good HOGs, so-so story line, but I pay hardly any attention to the story line, anyway. Buy it, it will take a day or two to play--at least it did me.

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch on Sep 6, 12 12:38 PM
Thanks. I am using the magic staff, but only some of the (last 7) ball that the witch is throwing are "neutralized." Maybe I'm doing them in the wrong order. I'll keep trying. Again, thanks. OOOOh, I just did it. I now realize that I had wait until she had thrown ALL the balls before I tried to neutralize them. THANKS!!!!!!

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Revenge of the Witch on Sep 5, 12 1:14 PM
I cannot get all seven with the jeweled thingy. I was able to do all the other levels, but the jeweled thingy doesn't seem to neutralize the firey balls the witch is throwing at me. I'm doing it in the order that she's throwing them at me, but they aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing. Should I just keep trying?

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 19, 12 12:30 PM
I need both above items to make glass. Where do I get them? I hope it's not too late!!-----Never mind. It seems that I had already made something that would turn into glass, but it was a LONG time ago, and I had forgotten.

I just finished this. I played it on the "expert" mode. It was the ONLY way there was any challenge...and even then, the puzzles were dead easy. It was fun and time consuming but certainly NOT what I would call exercise for my mind. I used two credits, so it didn't cost me anything. I'm glad of that. If I had paid for it, I would have felt ripped off.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 18, 12 10:18 AM
Thank you sooooo much!! I, too, went on, but have been worrying about them.

posted in Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart on Jul 15, 12 9:40 AM
I liked this game. Yes, the story is stupid, but I don't invest much in the stories anyway...it's the puzzles, et al that I'm interested in. The HOGs were good, I thought. Some of the stuff was hard to find, but readily "findable" with some in-depth searching. (I prefer THAT to being able to find everything right off the bat.) Some of the puzzles were dead easy, but others took some thought...and trial and error. I bought this as the "weekly deal" and was well satisfied. I played on the "expert" only because I didn't want a tutorial...or sparkles (which appear anyway to show the HOGs.) I suppose the voices weren't the best, but they weren't talking all the time...and I just turned down the music to (nearly) off. All in all, it was a good game. ..one for the grandkids when they come over!!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 13, 12 1:31 PM
Does someone have a patch or something where I can skip this puzzle? I have been trying for over 2 weeks now and CANNOT do it!! I get as many as 8 termites, and then, when I try to get more, they are "lost" off the stick. Does this mean that I can't finish the game????? PLEASE--HELP ME.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jul 12, 12 8:15 AM
jboliver1999 explained it, but I had to think about it a little. In the date 1860, the 1 is in position 1. The 8 is in position 2. The 6 is in position 3. The 0 is in position 4. Therefore 1=1; 8=2; 6=3; 0=4. (ANY OTHER NUMBER IS 0) So...if you have to translate i.e. 6830...since 6=3..., the first number in that is 3. Since 8=2, the second number is 2. (So far, we have the first two numbers...32...) The number 3 does not appear in the date 1860, so that number is a 0. Now we have the first 3 numbers...320. Lastly 0=4. Thus we have all 4 numbers...3204. I know it's confusing. Hope this helps.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jun 30, 12 1:50 PM
How many termites do I have to collect? This puzzle seems impossible for me. No matter how hard I try, they mostly all fall off...and I'm in the EASY MODE!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Jun 17, 12 12:10 PM
Are you using the tabs at the top of the page for multiple inventory pages? I was stuck with your same problem for a while, and then just happened to click on the tabs and voila!!

posted in The Last Express on Mar 14, 12 1:40 PM
How do I disarm the guy with the knife?

posted in The Blackwell Convergence on Feb 24, 12 4:48 PM
I love, love, LOVE these "Blackwell" games!!!!! I remember, though, with the first one, I thought it was a little hokey...but now I love the way it's just fundamental...basic...really fine. It reminds me of Ghost in a Sheet which I loved, too. Don't get me wrong I love the MCF's of this world, too. But there's something about sweet Rosa and her ghost that is really special!! Keep 'em coming!!!!!! I see that on Sept . 5, Dave says that a 4th Blackwell game was coming out after Christmas. Did that ever happen????????

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator