Posts created by sadies_dad

posted in Mummy's Treasure on May 27, 11 6:26 AM
I'm stuck at level 52. The only problem I have is getting rid of the mask on the left side - not the skeleton, the mask. I haven't figured a way to get rid of it without it dropping it onto the bar underneath, and that kills everything. I suspect that there's some way to move it to the left, but i can't figure it out.

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince on Apr 3, 11 4:52 PM
I've got the regular edition, and in Hard Mode, I get the crown for the Frog in the door in the caves, which I did not get in the first go-around. This accesses the frozen door. I haven't gone further yet, but things look a little different.

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story on Apr 1, 11 12:15 PM
While I received the following error message on start-up every time, I was able to complete the game.

"The procedure entry point_point_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll."

posted in Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy on Jan 30, 11 6:04 AM
It does it to me, also. It's a version of vertigo - a disparity between what the eye beholds and the inner ear tells us. I first ran into this with "Wolfenstein 3D". I probably won't finish the game, because of this.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Jan 10, 11 9:35 AM
The slow program operation, combined with (or perhaps causing) jerky, sluggish pointer movements removes all fun from playing the game. I find that I'm just SKIPPING puzzles because they're too painful to do with the delays in response to mouse movements.

Late Edit: I don't want to seem displeased with the game. It has gobs and gobs of great puzzles - far more than I find in most games. However, I'm unhappy that I have to "skip" so many of them because the slow program response to mouse movements make them virtually impossible to do.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Jan 7, 11 3:35 PM
Just another "me-too" on the cursor movement problems. My drivers are all the latest available, and other games play fine. The worst problems occur when there's a small window in the middle of the screen (like you're doing something with an inventory item). I can't play it in this condition.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Jan 7, 11 2:51 PM
Same here - and I've made sure that all my drivers are the latest. There's something that the program is doing that eats up processer time. I've disabled my anti-virus, so it's not that. Mouse movement is sluggish and jerkey. The game's no fun this way.

the first time through, I skipped a couple of puzzles, so I went all through it again, just to do those puzzles. On the second go-through, after the doctor took Tim out through the door, the credits started to roll. I clicked once and the screen went to the main menu. It said that I could now access the bonus levels. I clicked on EXTRAS, and got the offer to save screensavers, etc. When I click the PLAY button, it only offers to restart me at the very beginning. The first time through, there was no problem, but this time it's like I had the basic version. I'm stumped.

I bought the basic version, and finished it. I liked it so much that I bought the CE version (BFG gives credit for the price of the basic version). I'm disappointed - there are only a few more puzzles and rooms, and then it ends with Tim still out there somewhere. There is only about an hours' extra play time in the CE edition. Evidently there will be a sequel where Tim IS rescued. There is no way to return to the point where the game ended - I can only restart from the beginning. Clicking EXTRAS only gives wallpaper, etc. There is no BONUS button after ending the game.

After setting the patients in their rooms, the screen should return you to the boy, who has something to say to you.

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Dec 17, 10 11:02 AM
I've finished the game, but I skipped two puzzles that seemed "ornery" at the time. I'd like to go back and just try those puzzles again, Is there a way to just go to the puzzles?

posted in Azada ™ on Oct 19, 09 6:37 PM
I discovered that: first - the code changes with every iteration, and second - when yu have the six-digit number, treat the numbers, from left to right, first as two-digit numbers up to 20, then as single digits if the pair would be over 20. 20 is the highest number on the dartboard. For exampl: number 168915 would be sixteen, 8,9,fifteen.

posted in Azada ™ on Oct 19, 09 5:34 PM
That's why I'm here, too. I found the abracadabra numbers - 168915, but the dartboard won't let me do anything with them. There must be some control that I'm missing.

posted in Azada ™ on Oct 19, 09 3:49 PM
"Whenever I click on three adjoining tiles, they go away, and sometimes advance the timer bar, but others slide down from the top. None ever "turn gray". What is it that I don't understand? AH! I see it now - the background of each square turns a darker gray, even though there's a brightly-lit emblem on the square. I'm just slow.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Sep 4, 09 7:15 AM
Is there a way to get a copy of the audio file that plays when the "beast" is active? It really speeds up the heartbeat!

posted in Journey to the Center of the Earth on Mar 21, 09 7:55 PM
for the phone call - you have to examine every phone except the one guarded by the evil giant. This, combined with the list of phone numbers you received, gives you the number of the phone next to the evil giant.

posted in Journey to the Center of the Earth on Mar 21, 09 7:52 PM
The solution, as I've now posted elsewhere, is to click the "hand" in the grassy area just beyond the last post on the left, down near the ground. This gives you a view of only the last bush on the left, with some blue berries on it. Not intuitive, but it works.

posted in Journey to the Center of the Earth on Mar 21, 09 7:49 PM
Found my own solution by trying "everything". Seems that I have to talk to Peter twice. The second time is the charm.

posted in Journey to the Center of the Earth on Mar 21, 09 7:42 PM
My walkthrough (and I NEEDED that) says that the last thing to activate the periscope and end the game is to click the computer image on a paper on the desk in the periscope room. Problem - nothing is "active" anywhere in the room except the periscope itself. I can't enter the co-ordinates without putting them into the computer. How do I find that dang paper?

posted in Journey to the Center of the Earth on Mar 21, 09 7:37 PM
Move the icon into the grass just beyond the last post on the left. It will still be a "hand" if it's close to the ground and close to the last post. When you click, you will see only the last bush, with blue berries, that you can pick.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator