Posts created by jorob716

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Oct 18, 09 2:48 AM
I have finished all levels in gold except for this one. I've tried every strategy I can imagine and still am about 2 - 9 seconds over the gold. Can anyone help me?

Thanks so much!!! I'm ready to uninstall but would be fun to finish the game completely as I have been working on it for almost a month off and on.

posted in Virtual Families on Oct 1, 09 8:20 PM
Kira, same thing has happened to me several times. The most frustrating was the latest, 15th generation, $421,000,000 plus dollars, the life of a king and queen and they just acted like they could care less about kids and one was a definite on children and the other was a maybe. I tried everything, feeding, showers, perfumes, baby boost to each, elated attitude, nothing worked. Lost several months of working on the family to get them where they were. Very disappointing and frustrating.

posted in Virtual Families on Oct 1, 09 8:16 PM
I have 3 out of 5, I've started over a couple of times on one family since divorce is not available and a couple of the families wouldn't have children no matter what I did and a child did not come along for adoption so the game ended when they died.

I have a 15th generation almost 200 million, a 13th generation around 150 million and a 14th generation around 421 million. Problem is, nothing left to buy with it so I'm constantly changing their clothes and buying fresh fruit, etc.

posted in Virtual Families on Sep 28, 09 7:15 AM
Ajuma,

Have you reached 100 trophies yet? I lack the perfect match and one moth and I will be done. Do you know what happens? Does the game end? Do you have a choice as to ending the game and starting over? I'm on the 15th generation with $136,581,106 dollars and a long time coming for that so I would hate for the game to end for this family.

Thanks in advance for any info.

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Sep 23, 09 10:03 PM
How do I make the mega cake? I've bought curd, I have a cake and a decoration which I usually use for the dress, is this correct? I can't get the mega cake to work.

Help!!

posted in Ranch Rush on Sep 20, 09 1:43 PM
Hi, guys,

I love Ranch Rush also but cannot complete the last level. I arranged and re-arranged, sold and bought and still cannot get it. I got so frustrated with it I uninstalled it for the time being.

Any suggestions?

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Sep 20, 09 1:39 PM
PS, Amby0625. I think it is so cute the way the cats just nonchalantly kick the "stuff" into the warehouse.

Oh, another question. My dogs bark at the bears but they wind up in a real knock down with the predators and they disappear. Is there something I am doing wrong as far as they getting mutilated or is that what they are supposed to do? They are upgraded all the way!

Thanks again.

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Sep 20, 09 1:36 PM
Thanks, amby0625. I finally figured it out. I have silver and gold on the first two farms but on the ice farm I'm having a more difficult time and have a silver and then a checkmark and then a gold and then a checkmark. I have learned just to deal with the lag that happens when the bears/lions, etc. come out. I am really enjoying it. I enjoyed it until 8:30 a.m. the other morning. Couldn't believe the sun was already up when I finally paid attention to my surroundings. I have been going back and trying to reach silver or gold on the one's I "just didn't cut it" on. I hate those checkmarks.

Again, thanks so much for the assistance.

posted in Farm Frenzy 3 on Sep 19, 09 9:04 AM
I don't usually make too many comments on much as I am a Virtual Families and Build-a-lot fan but decided to try a different time management game.

I have never played the Farm Frenzy game and maybe should have started with the first Farm Frenzy to get a feel of it. I played the trial and it seemed okay and like I said, something different from what I originally play.

The problem I have is that I have purchased a dog, twice and a cat with plenty of money but they have not shown up when I play. Also, when the lions and the bears, etc. show up on the screen everything moves so slow it is almost unbearable.

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to make the dog and cat appear since I have paid for them and to make the game not slow down when the predators appear?

I like the game but would not purchase it if I could "turn back the clock" but the "deed" is already done.

Thanks for any comments or help you might be able to offer.

posted in Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year on Sep 17, 09 2:09 AM
I know this is an older game but I reloaded it as I had finished all the Build-a-lots with all blue ribbons and decided I had not had enough of Build-a-lot and would go back and try to get blue ribbons on all levels in this version. I've accomplished that except for Maple Creek and Summerville. I have figured out what I need to do to get what they are asking for, I just don't know what I need to build to get started. I've tried all types of things and nothing is working. Everything is taking too long so by the time I get to what I need to do my time is out to reach the expert level. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone!!!

posted in Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year on Sep 17, 09 2:01 AM
Davinia,

Forgot to tell you to continue buying as much materials as you can afford and buy at least 25 to 27 workers.

Sorry.

posted in Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year on Sep 17, 09 1:55 AM
Davinia, Did you ever get this level?

I bought 2 workers and build a Villa. Upgraded once, sold it. Bought enough materials to build another, upgraded once, sold it. Then I built a recycle plant and a workshop. Bought efficiency and a total of 18 workers and then got busy buying up the small properties first, and building palaces, upgrading each of them 3 stars and inspecting so I wouldn' lose any time repairing. When the total reached around $9,000,000+, I started demolishing the palaces and replacing with the 14 bungalows. Then I went back and painted them. By then, the total of rent had reached $12,000,000.

Hope this helps.

I have blue ribbons on all but the first two bonus levels. Can't figure them out. I'm in the forum now looking for "a way" to complete BAL 2.

posted in Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year on Jul 8, 09 7:17 PM
Thanks so much for your help! Finally got it and bought Build-a-lot 3. Didn't know about the blue ribbon stuff until recently so I've got almost a whole 2 games to go back through.

They are so much fun, can't wait for 4!!!

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 29, 09 11:21 AM
Let me fill you guys in on the weird things that have happened with this family since my post.

Vic, the husband died, not even 2 minutes later she got a marriage proposal, she was 62 at the time. I let her marry Nobel. Nobel checked out the house, was taking a shower and then all of a sudden I'm taken to the bed and Nobel has died, all within a 10 minute period of time. Then she gets another proposal, 64 at the time, Brunini and she get married and this time, I've got him by the collar taking him around the yard picking up collectibles and he disappears out of my hand and I'm again taken to the bed and Penni, the wife, is mourning again.

Weird!!!!

I keep pausing and going back every chance I get hoping for an adoption.

Thanks for all your input!!!! I can only hope for some little homeless orphan to show up! I wish we had a choice, go to the orphanage and adopt a child!!!

I did start trying with Vic and Penni when they were first married. Like I said, she was always so distant, if I could have divorced her I would. All she wanted to do was the treadmill, check her weight, etc. Vic did everything, cooked, flowers, cleaned up after meals, etc. I would put her on a task and a few seconds later she would be headed to something totally different than what I had told her!

Later, guys! Again, thanks for the support!!

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 28, 09 2:46 AM
Guys, I've got my first family, 5th generation, $300,000+ dollars all the upgrades. Vic and Penni got married at 24 and 26. I've been trying to get them to have a baby since a few hours of their marriage. I've bought perfumes, baby boost, kept putting them together. They seemed to finally just go through the motions as they would jump up and down and briefly "do their thing", then both would just walk off to brush hair, watch t.v., swim in pool or something else. My problem is, their game is going to end soon because they don't have a child and they are 56 and 58. It makes me so angry at them (I know it's just a game) that they are throwing away 5 generations of hard work to get them where they are financially, etc.

Any suggestions on how to save this family?

Wish I could send them packing and bring one of the other siblings home and let them start a new family. I have 86 of 100 trophies . . . !?!?!?

posted in Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year on Jun 22, 09 1:22 PM
Could someone please give me some tips on getting through Level 34? I have reached the point of compulsive desperation!!!

I have been working on it now for several days and stayed up all night last night, took a nap and am back at it.

I start out building the workshop, moving 100 materials over and hiring 2 more workers to make the 7 needed to build a Villa. I build the Villa, make one upgrade (because that's all the money I have), sell it immediately. I then build two palaces, upgrading one immediately and selling it. I then upgrade the second one. This gives me some cash flow. I put in a recycling plant and a garden center, build either grand park or zen park between them and a store, usually the Coffee Shop or the Cafe. I then put in a play park between a couple of my houses, demolish all the bungalows and build whatever I am short on the screen as far as reaching my goal of 3 palaces, 3 moderns and 3 Villas. I seem to be able to only get up to 210 and run out of time as far as purchasing the properties I don't own to be painted, etc. It's usually the palaces that I don't seem to have enough money to purchase. Can't figure out if I'm doing too much in one area or just not doing it the right way. I've tried moving the parks, trying different stores, putting different houses in different areas, not demolishing the little houses, just painting, upgrading them and them selling them off.

Any suggestions?!?!? Thanks so much for your help!!!

posted in Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year on Jun 21, 09 12:50 PM

Could someone please give me some tips on getting through Level 34? I have reached the point of compulsive desperation!!!

I have been working on it now for several days and stayed up all night last night, took a nap and am back at it.

I start out building the workshop, moving 100 materials over and hiring 2 more workers to make the 7 needed to build a Villa. I build the Villa, make one upgrade (because that's all the money I have), sell it immediately. I then build two palaces, upgrading one immediately and selling it. I then upgrade the second one. This gives me some cash flow. I put in a recycling plant and a garden center, build either grand park or zen park between them and a store, usually the Coffee Shop or the Cafe. I then put in a play park between a couple of my house, demolish all the bungalows and build whatever I am short on the screen as far as getting the 3 palaces, 3 moderns and 3 Villas. I seem to be able to only get up to 140 and run out of time as far as the palaces that need to be bought. Can't figure out where I'm doing too much or just not doing it the right way.

Any suggestions?!?!? Thanks so much for your help!!!

posted in Build-a-lot 2: Town of the Year on Jun 18, 09 11:42 PM
WisconsinTim,

Since you are on 34, maybe you can help me with 33. I've been on this level for over a week. I can get my rental, my parks, my grand park but I can't seem to get the 250 appeal.

Any tips? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 11, 09 6:12 AM
I'm on a 4th generation family that has all the upgrades but the pinball machine. I'll get that later just to get the trophy but like some of the others, I always pick someone with a very high salary at the master level. I also keep the kids picking up collectibles and buy all food on sale. They now have almost $60,000 in the bank and I will probably have to start my 5th generation today and Sandriana was 64 when I shut down the game last night. Also, a little boy showed up at her door when she was 61. Marc had just died and so I adopted him so she would have someone to do all the running around. She never removes the food from the table after a meal so Brance just goes and sits down for a meal whenever he is hungry. It all disappears when I shut down the game.

Anyway, they have the most money of all. I've had to constantly move her to something to relax as she is a definite workaholic. Marc died at level 7 in his career as he would rather watch TV, swim in the pool, etc.

My other families are not doing as well financially yet but are not as far along in generations as this one. This was my first family.

posted in Virtual Families on Jun 11, 09 6:06 AM
Guys, you made my day. I am laughing so hard . . . I had a "No Way" man and maybe woman. I kept going back and kept putting them on each other even though they were arguing. Guess what, they had tripletts, adopted a little girl, and had a set of twins. Got 6 . . . guess it just shows, never say "No Way."

I had another couple that from ages 24 and 26 all they wanted to do was so things their way, only on level 3 and 4 in their 50's, wouldn't have a baby no matter what I did. I packed them up and sent them on their way!!! Too much attitude.

Started another family, doing good!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator