Posts created by Valkara

posted in Dark Romance: Romeo and Juliet Collector's Edition on Feb 26, 17 1:41 PM
"Alberta" Capulet? *snicker*

Obviously whoever wrote the plot of this game is familiar with the title of "Romeo and Juliet" and the names of the two characters, but that's about it.

If a game is going to be based on a piece of classic literature, it should at least try to follow the plot. This one is way below feeble.

One plus, though, is that there are no morphing objects. I really don't like those.

posted in Solitaire Valentine's Day 2 on Feb 12, 17 3:34 PM
At first I thought it would just another boring match-pairs game. But this time it's golf, which takes a bit of getting used to. It's holding my interest for now.

posted in Lost Island: Mahjong Adventure on Jan 20, 17 7:44 AM
What is the last area you found? Did you get a message mentioning the story would continue? If you did, you've completed the game.

Unfortunately, that continuation hasn't been released, and we don't know if it will be.

posted in Lost Island: Mahjong Adventure on Jan 12, 17 9:34 PM
Larissa_Jane wrote:agree with suniris.
played for 5 mins, had to leave, when I came back I was NOT able to restart from the beginning ... and ... there were no instructions as to what to do next!!!
pity - as this looked as though it might be an interesting game.

It is an interesting storyline, and the reason there aren't any instructions on what to do next is because you, the player, decide what to do next.

Click the icons in the upper left corner to find a quest to fulfill, which means searching for objects (via mahjong games in this case instead of hidden object games) or slaying monsters. You can do them in any order, and you can work on more than one at the same time - a timesaver, if two quests want the same object found or the same monster slain.

Lost Island really is a compelling story... but I wanted a hidden object sequel, not a rerun.

posted in Lost Island: Mahjong Adventure on Jan 11, 17 6:06 PM
What a disappointment.

The original Lost Island game is a beautifully challenging Hidden Object adventure, with a compelling storyline that made quite a few people anxious for the sequel that was implied at the end of it. I replayed that game numerous times, simply because I enjoy it so much.

This game is just a repackaging of that story, but using Mahjong instead of Hidden Objects. The quests and dialogue are word-for-word identical. And while I enjoy mahjong games, that's not a good fit with Lost Island. The artwork in the scenes is beautiful, but you'd never be able to tell with the mahjong tiles in the way. And that constant, irritating clicking sound of the tiles interferes with my enjoyment of the music.

People who enjoy mahjong will probably like this, but it does a serious disservice to the wonderful story and artwork of the original hidden object game. I wish they'd make the sequel that was strongly implied instead of this rerun.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors on Dec 26, 16 11:32 PM
The music seems to be hit and miss with these games, but this time it's a hit. It's nice and relaxing, and that's what I like with these games.

I still wish the background images could be made available as wallpapers, or at least let us get a decent look at them.

posted in Solitaire Match 2 Cards Valentine's Day on Sep 9, 16 3:27 PM
I finally finished this monster - perfect scores on all levels. Some of those levels are just viciously difficult, so never use jokers or reshuffles unless you absolutely have to. It's worth replaying a few levels at times to be able to stock up on jokers, because there are some levels where you will definitely need them.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 17: New Palette on Sep 6, 16 3:39 PM
Annoying music that won't entirely mute, even though I've got the sound as low as it will go without muting the computer itself.

Really dumb-looking stuff in the garden. As usual, the artwork that we can barely see behind the grids is gorgeous. The puzzles are adequate. I like the new colors, except that neon yellow and neon green are hard to differentiate when used together in the same puzzle.

Sadly, this edition is not worth what I just paid.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 17: New Palette on Aug 31, 16 3:54 AM
Four puzzles in, and I've already had to mute the music. It's annoying.

Some of the colors are the same as in previous editions, so it's not an entirely new palette. I like the new greens, though.

posted in Solitaire Victorian Picnic on Aug 29, 16 11:07 AM
Annoying music, and visually-busy, eye-hurting backgrounds. Even the opening level is identical to other solitaire games this company puts out.

As Hawkeye said in a memorable episode of M*A*S*H, "We want something else!".

No sale.

posted in Forest Riddles on Aug 22, 16 8:53 PM
It's nicer than the other single-color games, and has nice, relaxing music.

posted in The Disappearing Runestones on Aug 12, 16 12:36 PM
I'm finished. I didn't get my 200 star achievement.

The background pictures would make beautiful wallpapers.

posted in The Disappearing Runestones on Aug 10, 16 6:34 PM
moonryu wrote:Next up, it is all but impossible to get 3 stars on the pair cards option or the 14 count option. This makes those two achievements almost impossible to get because you can't go back replay levels on other options.

And lastly -- it appears that the 100 stars option doesn't work because I have tracked the stars I gotten and its over 200 and no achievement yet.

I decided to stay with it.

The way you get the three stars for pairs and 14-count is to make sure you get as many wild cards as possible (there's no upper limit to how many you can have of each one), and use them. Make sure to use the "get 2 wild cards" boost as often as possible. It makes all the difference. And when you get the "luck" cards, try to make sure you've used the boosts first, as the 'bad luck' card will disable one of them - maybe the one you need to solve the level.

I am annoyed at not being able to replay any of the levels. I'm 4 rounds from finishing.

posted in World Mosaics 8: Fiction Fixers on Aug 9, 16 8:26 AM
Well, this is boring. Hate the music, and the pictures don't look anything like what the game says they are.

No sale.

posted in The Disappearing Runestones on Jul 20, 16 10:09 PM
So what is the actual point of the match-3 games, especially as they don't work properly?

Another complaint I have is that the music is too loud, and there's no way to turn it down. I think it's the same music that was used in one of the Runes of Avalon games, and I liked it, but not at this volume.

Otherwise, it's not bad. The "add up to 14" is a new variant I haven't seen before.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 16: Six colors in Wonderland on Jul 15, 16 4:45 PM
Well, it's all done. Bring on #17, pleaseandthankyou!

But please have nicer music. Something rich and orchestral and relaxing. It's not as much fun doing these without music (had to mute it due to the annoyance factor).

The garden this time seemed to lack any coherent theme, and the final result was... underwhelming.

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 16: Six colors in Wonderland on Jul 7, 16 1:48 AM
I really wish they'd let us get a better look at the backgrounds behind the puzzle grids. The artwork is breathtaking, so why not let us SEE it?

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 16: Six colors in Wonderland on Jul 6, 16 4:57 AM
Six colors should be an interesting challenge. But after only one puzzle, I've muted the music. I prefer relaxing, classical music, not shrill, annoying lounge "music."

posted in One Way Flight on Jun 16, 16 7:04 AM
The shaking did bother me. There should have been a warning posted on the download page.

posted in Rainbow Mosaics: Treasure Trip on May 21, 16 1:42 PM
You can cut down on guessing by buying more advanced hints that will help. This is also an interesting feature of this game and adds a strategy element: Do you spend your money on decorative items or game advantages? You get to decide.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator