Posts created by gailweis

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 11 11:01 AM
Well, i started reading the posts and thought I was on the "Complaints" forum. Thanks to all who asked everyone to please stay on topic (especially Dr. Good). I read this forum to find out how people liked, or disliked, the game. That said, game sounds good and can't wait to get home and demo!

Gail

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 8, 11 6:45 AM
I can't wait to demo - if only to see if it's as bad as everyone says! We're not having too much luck lately, are we?

Dr. Good - Loved your review!

Gail

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 27, 11 1:51 PM
I can't finish this puzzle. It keeps telling me I'm missing a clue - but all the areas on the map are checked off except the hotel room and the church. I've clicked everywhere in the hotel room and nothing! I think I'm missing #5, whatever that is (secret note?) I can't get back into the bookseller's house where the note is supposed to be. What to do?

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come on Feb 20, 11 9:05 AM
angelfishsb wrote:BFG I am 65 and sometimes have a lapse in memory. Could I get credit for this game as I had forgotten I purchased the special edition to this game. If this is not where I can receive help regarding this issue, please tell me where to go. No, no, no don't even think about telling me where you would like me to go.

Wow, thanks for reminding me (I have those same lapses in memory)! I was just going to download when I read your post, went through my list of purchased games, and there it was - the CE!

You can contact Customer Service - I'm sure they'd be willing to help you out.

Good luck!
Gail

posted in Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come on Feb 20, 11 8:56 AM
mausienanna wrote:sorry guys! aussie humour doesn't seem to translate too well apparently! i love this game, but so frustrating with all the probs i'm having with it.

Thanks for the clarification. I was just going to add my "Huh?" to the other comments. Have you contacted customer service - they're always very helpful with any technical problems.

I'm going to download now - hope I don't experience those same problems!

Good luck!
Gail

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 19, 11 11:58 AM
If anyone of you who are complaining about the game ending abruptly had bothered reading the Comments and Reviews Forum before buying the game (I always do), you would have seen CasualGran's comment on Feb. 12: "EDIT after finishing the game: It has a sequel! So, you'll only be playing the first 4 episodes!"

It really pays to read the posts!

Gail

posted in Kingdom of Seven Seals on Jan 25, 11 4:51 AM
CasualGran wrote:This game has been released in December, so to present it now as a TGT is ridiculous! Furthermore, it's a game with technical issues. Within a few minutes I ran into one, namely the not appearing of the hidden object list at the Turtle Lake.
Well, that did it for me, finally.

NO BUY!

Poor show, BF. You're letting your fishies down here.

(only MY meaning, of course)

I was wondering why I was seeing reviews from December if it's a TGT!

Thanks, CasualGran

Gail

Very disappointing. I, too, liked the other Treasure Seekers games, so I bought this one and am now sorry . I found it way too easy. I didn't like the fact that it guided me to what to do next (sparkles; go to the past; go to the future; etc.) I always like a challenge in a game, and I wasn't challenged by this one. I like the circles, but the items were not difficult to find. The puzzles were also not challenging..I didn't need to look at the SG once - very unusual for me. Just my opinion - other fishes may really like it!

Gail

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Jan 17, 11 4:49 AM
gmmace wrote:heatherington - you have to give the spear to the statue that doesn't have one, then place the red and blue jewels in the empty spaces on the statue heads. I think you should be able to progress from there.

I think I like the game, but I wish you could speed up the dialogue a bit, and the slow loading between some areas is tedious.

Sounds like my kind of game. I love a challenge and don't like to be led by the hand. Can I just mention - if you are going to give answers on what to do in the game, can you please post "Spoiler Alert" (thanks, Cherb!)

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 14, 11 3:50 PM
I haven't gotten a response - every time I exit the game, I have to start again at the beginning. Why??? I've bought this game and it's very frustrating.

Thanks.
Gail

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 9, 11 4:13 PM
I finally got the game to work, but now, every time I exit, I'm back at Stage 1 and have to start all over again. Has anyone else had this problem? I've also posted on the Technical Issues forum.

Thanks!
Gail

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 9, 11 4:09 PM
Skyered wrote:UPDATE, I fixed the problem, changed from 32 bits to 16 bits, works great!!!! LOVE THE GAME!!!! Off to buy.

Sometimes I am very computer challenged.

Thanks
Have a great evening and weekend.

Thanks very much, Skyered. It works now!

But, every time I exit, the game doesn't save and I have to start all over again at Stage 1. Very frustrating. I've already bought, so will be contacting Customer Support. Thanks again for your help!

posted in Crossworlds: The Flying City on Jan 9, 11 8:37 AM
Just downloaded the demo. But the spelling of "beggning" in the first scene has already put me off. We'll see.

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 8, 11 2:24 PM
Can't get the game to work (clicked on the cat - nothing; clicked on the hint button - nothing). Tried everything suggested on the Help Pages, but still nothing. Very frustrating. BFG - any ideas?

Thanks.
Gail

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 11 4:42 PM
Thank you, Rick!

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 11 11:36 AM
wunder wrote:Absolutely great game! H O lovers will definitely buy, and everything else is pretty fine too! Did I miss some posts, or have Puzzledone and DoctorGood not given reviews yet? Always look for them and thanks to CasualGram for her review!

edit: Sorry, CasualGran...been a long day!

Also thanks to Cherb and all the other great reviewers! And where's Goofyduck?

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 7, 11 11:04 AM
I'm looking at the clock now - let's see, 2:02! I'll be leaving work at 3:30, home at 4:30 (hopefully) and then I can download. Yay! Based on these reviews, I can't wait!

Gail

posted in Hidden Object Crosswords on Jan 5, 11 11:33 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are nice. The gameplay is a mix of HOG and crossword. You are given a crossword panel and you have to find the object that is the answer. There is a hint fairy that flits across the screen. I want a flyswatter to beat it as it becomes very annoying. There is a hint button, the flittering one is unnecessary. Many of the "riddles' are actually old wisdoms, ie An empty purse has few friends or When the cat's away, the mice will play. However, many of these are English sayings so I am not sure if they translate well to those who don't speak English as their first language or second. The game get rather dull in the higher levels as there mislabelings.

This game is a C-.

I know exactly what you mean ... try this one

prp __
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
___| i |____
|########|
|########|
|########|
|########|
|########|
''''''''''''''''''''''''

Cherb - It took me a minute, but I finally figured it out! Flyswatter. Very clever, and loved your drawing of Poodlebear (how do you do these drawings?) - Welcome back to you, Poodlebear! Can't wait to try this game - love crosswords and love hidden objects.

Gail

posted in Once Upon a Farm on Jan 3, 11 4:12 PM
barbee44 wrote:
angelfishsb wrote:BF you seem to have the same people complaining all the time. I would like to know how many people buy your games that don't complain. I bet anything that you have more people happy with your games than are unhappy. So keep up the good work. I am glad you offer so many HOG and IHOG games and that I am free to choose the ones I don't like and the ones I do like. The only problem I would have with a game is if it is not working and I have bought it. But, you take care of that too. So Happy New Year BF and thanks for giving us this sight.

Complaining? This forum is asking for comments and reviews. NOT: Good comments and Good reviews only. I love this forum because the people are honest and truthful.

I don't think we'd be doing Big Fish or the game developers any favors by not letting them know what we like and don't like honestly. It's people like the ones on this forum that drive the developers to greater things and better games for all of us. That's why they come here to read the comments. They can take the bad with the good and welcome it.

PS... and it isn't the same people complaining. So far everyone has given their honest opinions. I raved about the Awakening Games by BoomZap and other great games and so have others. I don't just come here when I hate a game, I come and rave about the good ones and so do the others.

Thank you, for a great response!

posted in Once Upon a Farm on Jan 3, 11 11:59 AM
An additional comment - I am gratified at the comments against the stereotypes and racism in this game. I do not think, as some of the reviewers here do, that these are just "lame" attempts at jokes. I'm reminded of a scene from the movie Gentlemen's Agreement, when Dorothy McGuire was asked what she did when an anti-semitic joke was told at a dinner table. She said she did nothing. And that is the problem - as long we continue to do nothing, these stereotypes and racist parodies will continue. Thank you, fishies, for standing up to them. And shame on you BFG, for selling this game.

Gail

Edited to correct grammar.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator