Posts created by cagamenut

posted in Small Town Terrors: Livingston on Mar 18, 12 3:41 PM
After reading reviews, I was hesitant to try this game, but I'm glad I did. It's not a game that leads the player around by the nose. You have to do some thinking. The strange colors of the game fit the story line and I like the graphics. I'm hoping there will be a sequel since the game left me with a few questions. I muted the music as always so can't comment on that. No glitches or problems with the download or game play. I'm not particularly fond of cartoon-like characters but the story line made up for that. An interesting and unique game; thanks BF and devs!

posted in Natural Threat: Ominous Shores on Mar 2, 12 4:46 PM
An awesome game! I'm very impressed with both the story idea and the outstanding graphics. No problems with the download, install or playing the game. I love that it fills up my entire screen. I honestly wish this had been a CE and would have been happy to pay the extra cost. I'm hoping that a sequel will be issued soon since they left me with the impression that there will be one eventually. The game seemed unusually long for a SE, which is nice. Great imagination from the developers. The journal helped a lot but a map would have been nice too. A game I will play again! Thank you BF and developers

posted in Surface: Mystery of Another World Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 12 11:39 PM
I don't normally enjoy Sci-Fi things but this game is awesome. Characters were good, hidden things not terribly difficult, interesting mini-games and great graphics. But..I'm glad that I bought the CE instead of waiting for the SE. The bonus game finished off the story. I never turn the music up so can't comment on that. The SG was excellent and kept the place. I really enjoyed the 'movies' at the end. Don't pass this one up even if you aren't into Sci-Fi. Thank you, BF, and developers!

posted in Elementary My Dear Majesty on Feb 1, 12 2:41 PM
While this isn't my usual type of game, it made me laugh...a lot! When my husband came out to see what was so funny, he suggested that I buy the game because it made me laugh I had a ball catapulting the sheep! Even the dialogue made me laugh....off the wall humor. This is not a particularly good game for someone with a Essential Tremor but I bought it anyway. So what if it takes me forever to finish it. Thanks , and one of my favorite developers, for a lot of giggles!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Jan 30, 12 8:52 PM
Just happens to be a favorite developer. Curiosity made me do some research on Houdini since I didn't know much about him. I thought the game was an interesting concept, and love the integrated guide. The idea of Deluxe games is great! Anyway, I bought the game and enjoyed playing it. No glitches or problems, including download. I don't mind not having voice overs since I read faster than the characters speak, and that can be annoying if the player isn't allowed to click through. I know I didn't find all the clovers, and once you have missed one, it might not let you go backwards to find it. The Guide is great and the developers did a nice job of that. Not leading by the nose through the hidden object scenes. A couple of the mini games were a bit of a challenge, but that's good! Thumbs up, BF; thank you!

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 2:40 PM
I got the white screen too. I don't want to send in a Dr Felix report just to have them tell me to replace something like the graphics card, driver, etc. Last time I did as they suggested, my computer crashed. Too bad; I love games by this developer But there are always other games to play.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Dec 25, 11 11:07 PM
I'm glad that I bought this game as a CE. I really enjoyed the story line, the graphics, and the bonus game. I'm hoping that there will be a sequel since now I am curious. The mini-games weren't difficult but they were also not all the usual ones..no pipes (which I love), no find the difference and no silhouettes (thank heavens!). My only issues would be the granddaughter, and the beginning which left me wondering how she got from one place to another. I thought the granddaughter didn't fit the rest of the story or the apparent era, and didn't particularly like her graphics. She seemed very 'wooden' and reminded me of a Wii graphic. Fortunately, she only appeared for a short time. However, she was not a huge issue, and I enjoyed playing the game. I didn't bother with the morphing objects and don't consider the game to be strongly occult themed. The voice overs must not have bothered me, but then I have a 10 yr old grandson who talks like an adult. Merry Christmas to me from BF and Alawar (one of my favorite developers)!

posted in Exorcist 2 on Dec 19, 11 6:09 PM
Off to buy it after 30 minutes of playing the trial. I enjoy the crisp accents of the voice overs, and the beautiful graphics. No problems with the game, clear hidden objects and love the story line although it might be a little too spooky for some players. A nice sequel to an earlier game. Thank you, BF and developers!

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 9, 11 10:23 PM
urara17 wrote:After opening the cupboard in chap.3, there are "**** test mode" in the lists of **** scenes and I can click items beside the listed ones. It might be a glitch?

I had the same problem with the mousetrap cupboard in the tavern (Chap. 3). I guessed at the object name under 'H-O Test Mode'. There is also a very long load when opening the game. I don't have that problem with any other BF games. I like this game and am glad that I bought it, but am also wondering what other 'glitches' I'm going to experience.

Blue Tea has done it again. The gorgeous graphics remind me of the delightful illustrations of author and illustrator Jan Brett. Truly a delight to play. Thank you, Blue Tea and BF!

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 11 10:15 PM
I am really enjoying playing this game. Vast is one of my favorite developers and this story line is just creepy enough to suit me. I love creepy Perhaps I need to become more critical of the games, but length doesn't bother me as long as I enjoy the story line and the graphics. I don't always have time to play an entire long game so a shorter game is good at times. This doesn't seem to be an extremely short game, but I can always go back and play it again in the future. I buy CE games since I like knowing 'the rest of the story'. Sometimes the SE version is rather like reading a book that is missing the last chapter. No problems with the game and the SG is well written. Puzzles haven't been extremely difficult and I'm pretty much ignoring the morphing objects unless I fall over one. Thanks Vast and BF!

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 11 9:43 PM
I ended up writing the numbers and symbols down. You won't be able to open the safe until you find the code. Once you have the code, your 'cheat sheet' will help open the safe. Spoiler:
Safe code is behind the torn wallpaper

posted in Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 11 9:38 PM
I'm so glad someone asked this question. I've been wondering also

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 11 12:32 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Gotta love those evil wizards...and witches, and dragons, and ghosts, and missing loved ones, too. At least the train didn't crash, lol.

I love those evil wizards. and witches, and dragons, and ghosts and evil children, and even the car crashes! Very excited to see this CE. I've been watching for it..happy, happy!

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 11 8:54 PM
I am so glad I bought the CE for this awesome game. I love playing it but would have been lost without the SG. Graphics are beautiful but rather dark, and I enjoyed the story line. I love spooky games and this is a spooky one! If you are not in to spooky things, you might want to give this a miss. I'm glad I didn't!

posted in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion on Nov 9, 11 10:54 PM
My first reaction to this game was Wow!! I love it even tho the mini games gave me fits at times I would like to know the logic behind the drawer puzzle as well as that behind the 9 fuses. I enjoyed the story line very much and the graphics are beautifully done. While I didn't have a problem finding the hidden objects, I did occasionally lose my way and couldn't figure out where to go next. (thank goodness for the walkthrough!) No glitches or bugs. I always mute the music so can't comment on that, but I really enjoyed the voice overs. Legion's voice, and that of the mother, were perfect for the characters. I usually skip through voice overs but these were too good to miss. For me, this game should have been a CE and I'm looking forward to a sequel. The game kept my interest, something a straight HOG doesn't always do. I was really sorry to see the game end. Thank you, BF, and especially Ivan and the other developers! 5

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 7:35 PM
I was excited to see this new game offered, and enjoy FROGS, but the hidden objects are silhouettes. Ranks right down there with 'find the differences'. Think I'll play through the trial and see just how bad it is. Lovely graphics!

No problems with download but when I hit play, the screen went black and the computer froze with an access error message. Rebooted and immediately deleted the trial game; will not try it again.

If BF support's solution includes turning off all anti-virus, there is no way that I will do that. Even with a trusted site, my computer security is too important.

Love this game, especially because it's a sequel. I was playing the regular mode. Most of the puzzles were not difficult, but I think I'm glad I bought the CE version since there were a couple of times when I used the Strategy Guide. I always mute the music so can't comment on that. Most of the **** were easy to find; not too small and the hint button seems to recharge in a reasonable time. The graphics are beautiful, and I'm looking forward to another sequel. As for the length of the game, that too seemed reasonable. Sometimes, with the very long games, I've forgotten where I was when I get back to playing. 3 thumbs up for ERS

Thank you! Big Fish rises to help as usual. Did as instructed and I can now access SG level 3. Happy, happy

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator