Posts created by divegal

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 4, 10 11:38 AM
Haven't tried yet but TOTALLY STOKED and want to THANK YOU for offering a primarily puzzle game! Seems like it's been ages.

I see so many people complaining that it's not a HOG, but gosh, it's not advertised as one --- it's a large file with puzzles/minigames listed above HOG scenes. And really, it seems (offhand guess) 80-90% of the games lately have been HOGs. Time to give the puzzle/minigame fishes a chance, please and thank you!

Many fishes skip puzzles to get to HOG scenes. I'm just the opposite in wishing I could skip HOG scenes to just do puzzles, but then most games would be too insubstantial.

IF it runs well and isn't too ridiculously easy or hard, I think I'll be super happy with this one -- I love logic games. YAY!!!

posted in Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations on Feb 8, 10 1:15 PM
This is weird, the last few games in a row that caught my interest, so many people are having problems.

Though reading the thread of people who got this one to work, there's pretty much universal disappointment.

The bright side is I'm saving money lately..

For those for whom it doesn't work, do contact CS (green envelope on right) because if they can't help you they will make good on it.

Sloppy games lately, but thank goodness with you'll never be stuck wasting money on one that doesn't work. Time, yes, unfortunately, lately, sometimes.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Feb 8, 10 1:09 PM
I adore and think they have the best CS anywhere and would never dream of being rude about a game problem.

And, I also join govegril in having a "just wondering" question about the stats, and share some general annoyance with fellow fishies, in that I can't help notice that many, many fishies pointed out the spider web problem, got the usual "check your drivers" schtick, and then lo and behold later there really is enough of a problem to warrant a rebuild.

And still so many are having problems....Just sayin' maybe it's possible that there still is a significant problem with the game?

Unless I haven't been following this right (but I'm trying, because I'm interested in the game, once it's working right.)

*runs and hides because she doesn't want to be a troublemaker*

posted in Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ on Jan 31, 10 8:31 PM
I'm so glad it helped! I hope you enjoy the game.

posted in Azada ™ on Jan 31, 10 6:52 PM
xgender8k wrote: what are u kidding me? sure azada 1&2 rock big time but return to ravenhurst outbests azada, it's a lot more realistic, the mad scientist ideea with the famly rocked, movies were made with real actors, and it wasn't as short as azada....

I prefer the Azadas simply because I'm not into HOGs and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE puzzles. MCFs are special but I do the HOG scenes just to get to the puzzles.

Now Drawn is a total exception. Best of both worlds, best game ever, IMO.

Back on topic: CAN'T WAIT FOR AZADA 3!!!!!

posted in Million Dollar Quest on Jan 31, 10 6:39 PM
Late to the party but...

Absolutely no problem downloading, installing or playing this game on my ancient XP laptop.

Cute game, but for me it lacks some of the charm and challenge of the other Nevo games, so I decided I don't want it, but it certainly wasn't a technical issue like so many fellow fishies are having.

FWIW, in addition to all Windows and driver updates, I run ccleaner, WinASO registry cleaner, and defraggler daily. I also empty temp folders and periodically clean out stray stuff that deleted programs leave behind. And I use Firefox with ABP and the other safety add-ons. Don't know if this makes it so I've never had a problem running a game on this computer but I thought I'd put it out there, with wishes for better luck for my fellow fishies!

posted in Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ on Jan 31, 10 5:36 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I couldn't get it to play right on my computer-too slow and jerky. A shame because it looks like a good game.

I don't recall if it's an option but did you turn off the custom cursor? That has solved that problem for me with many games and I think that was one, but I'm not certain.

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 31, 10 4:05 PM
Big ND fan, finally finished this one (I can't do much in one sitting) and must rate this as one of my faves. As usual I needed to consult the forums or walkthrough a few times, but that's the price of a challenging game, as long as it isn't too often, imo. It was generally just for a nudge in the right direction. The puzzles themselves were pretty much just as I like them.

I really enjoyed the diverse and obnoxious characters and dialog. It brought me back to young adult novel "drama" yet at the same time seemed to be making fun of "kids these days."

I also appreciate that it wasn't too dark. I generally prefer the lighter (in theme and color) adventures.

Loved it!!!!!

posted in Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond on Jan 31, 10 2:17 PM
For those enjoying, or not quite enjoying, this game:

Today's $2.99 deal is the original one, complete with Detective McDreamy's voice.

Smart timing, !

Enjoy, fellow fishies!

posted in Nick Chase: A Detective Story ™ on Jan 31, 10 3:20 AM
Ahhh, the original, with Mr. Harrington's wonderful voice.

What a shame he isn't in the next one.

$2.99 today. Go for it, fishies!

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 31, 10 12:45 AM
Thank you so much!!! That was driving me crazy and I thought there was a bug...

posted in Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond on Jan 29, 10 1:34 PM
What a shame they left out Mr. Harrington's voice. Takes all the personality right out of the game. For me, that makes or breaks it.

posted in Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond on Jan 29, 10 1:16 AM
I beta tested this game and was sorely disappointed that the voice I loved so much from the first game was missing! The music and graphics still fit the mood, but I missed the deep, swanky voice that was half the fun.

Unless they added his voice back in to the final version? If I hear that news I'll surely try it out. That would once again make it, for me, worth getting through the hidden object scenes in order to do the puzzles (my typical scale these days.)

Does Nick speak and is he still Mr. Cool?

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 25, 10 12:11 AM
And belated thanks to you, too, fihill!

What a beautiful game. So immersing...

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 24, 10 11:48 PM
I had to do the post-it thing too. I remember that with an earlier ND game. Strange idea, but it works. I guess that's a price for making their mini-games so varied.

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 24, 10 11:45 PM
I love this game, one of the best ND in a while.

Sorry it's not working for you -- not technical problems here...

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jan 21, 10 9:59 PM
Belated thanks, luvtoread!

That's usually what I do, too, but I recall there was a recent game that started everyone over from scratch. Not this one though, apparently.

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 20, 10 10:51 AM
You're welcome!

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 20, 10 10:49 AM
stupidanacrox wrote:you'll receve a sms the next day with your credit, i think only demerit and credit for serve a teacher are give istantly.
Every time you receve a demerit you can load auto-save file call second chance.

Thank you so much -- this is more info than I got out of searching all the walkthroughs (which I've otherwise avoided so far, yay!)

No good deed goes unpunished. In the process of doing my five shifts, I was slow on a teacher meal so I guess that demerit will wipe out the credit anyway.

I don't recall seeing an auto-save when I tried opening the window and something else I don't remember but got called out for, but there was one for the fire alarm though I didn't use it, not realizing they could add up and expel me! Anyway I'll be more careful from now on. I don't recall ever being at risk of actually losing a ND game! I hope I'm just worrying too much?

I love the game otherwise. Funny obnoxious characters, nice puzzles, and not overly dark.

Anyway I really appreciate your kind assistance about how the demerits work, along with any more info that comes along.

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Jan 20, 10 12:27 AM
Hi,

I thought I saw in the student life part of the computer that one can earn credits by working the snack shop five times in a day, but I don't see it now. I did try (it's tedious but I wanted to get rid of some demerits) but the credit didn't show up -- I still have the same number of demerits.

Has anyone else tried getting credits?

Besides saving the game before doing anything naughty (I forgot to save until I accumulated 8 demerits!) anyone have advice on how to get rid of demerits, or, at least, will I always get a second chance well before getting expelled? Seems the demerits from Paige don't get second chances and I'd hate to start all over...

Thanks in advance for advice/info.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator