Posts created by MzShel

posted in Keys to Manhattan on Sep 9, 09 10:53 AM
Couldn't even finish the demo. One item (an accordion) was missing. I finally clicked the hint to help me find it...The hint lighted up an area, but no accordion was there. I clicked on the highlighted area, nothing! Waited just in case I'd made the mistake. Nope, second hint highlighted the exact same area where there was not an accordion.

posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger on Sep 6, 09 11:42 AM
I'm also having problems with this game. Not as bad as some listed here, but frustrating nonetheless.
I get into the game and suddenly the screen freezes. It's frozen in two different areas now, forcing me to shut down my computer completely just to get out of the game. When I reboot and restart the game, it takes me back to the area I was working on, but now the clues are all missing. Example, the most recent freeze was in the lab when you have to mix the chemicals. You have to get the knob in order to collect the one chemical. Before the freeze I had the knob in place. After the freeze the knob was missing and was not where it should be. None of the clue bubbles would allow me to click on them.
The only way to get out of the messed up scene was to completely start the game over under a new profile. I've deleted the game, reinstalled it, reinstalled DirectX, anything and everything I can think of and it still froze the second time. I now have two messed up profiles that are totally unplayable. Not looking forward to starting over just to have this happen again at some point.
Suggestions?

posted in Escape From Paradise 2: A Kingdom's Quest on Jun 14, 09 6:11 PM
Juniper wrote:
MzShel wrote: It says there are 2 hidden object mini-games and I have found a total of 4.
MzShel, there are 5 hidden object mini games.

1-Sunken ship
2-To the top of the bird sanctuary, near the tree
3-Near the flower shop, at the giant tiki
4-At the Temple stairs
5-In the Temple, under the symbol

You are right, there are five. Guess I miscounted. I have played them all and I still have one game point missing. I think I'll do like Trish says and see if I can find the last gem by going from picture to picture in the walkthrough.

Thanks to all who offered help!

posted in Escape From Paradise 2: A Kingdom's Quest on Jun 14, 09 7:33 AM
It appears the walkthrough has a few errors and lots of missing information.

I have finished all the missions, got all 30 people, captured all the birds and fishes and found all the fossils. I have also found all the tikis. Just missing a single jewel. Luckily I haven't had the problems with freezes and saving that others have had. Unfortunately, the player progress says I need to play one more mini-game, and I'm betting that's where the last jewel is. I can't find it anywhere. I've moved that stupid monkey over every square inch of every single section of the island without finding a mini-game I haven't played yet. I finally went to the walkthrough to find out where it is.

HA! The walkthrough is missing a lot of information and even has a few false statements. It says there are 2 hidden object mini-games and I have found a total of 4. It does not show the locations of a couple of the other mini-games I managed to find. This is extremely frustrating. I sure hope that once Monday gets here and we start getting some responses from BF someone will offer us all some help.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator